Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 08:43 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,226,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
The first horrible truth is that no matter what you read, what rules you think there are, what you think the opposite sex is like, etc, etc, you are wrong. No game you play, trick you follow, rule you adhere too is going to work in the long run. Why? Because people are individuals with individual desires, tastes, backgrounds, and there is no one size fits all, there is no "all men like/want/are like this" or "all woman like/want/are like that."

The second horrible truth about the relationship world is if you don't "get" the first truth I mentioned. If you persist on thinking people are some kind of cloned hive mind and try to date thinking some trick or game or whatever will work for you... you are most likely going to end up being alone.

Third truth. Most people you meet aren't going to be attracted to you romantically and most of your relationships will fail. Expect to be rejected a lot, expect to have a broken heart now ant then. But there are successful relationship of course... and most people who don't give up at the first or second failure do find them. And those relationships are special because they are won at a great cost (of rejections and failed relationships). But they are worth the wait, worth the past failures, and they are worth fighting for if something goes wrong.

Think of it like job interviews... you never get an interview at every place you apply to (never get a date with everyone you approach). Even if you do get the interview (or date) you might not get the job. And if you do get the job, you might start on it and it might not work out and you end up leaving (or being fired). But if you keep trying, keep applying, etc... you usually find a good job that you are happy with. And if you can't find a good job, you need to change yourself... make yourself better so people want to hire you for the good jobs. Again, all of this is analogous to relationships. You get out of it, what you put into it in a way.
Wise words, indeed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 12:43 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
"Being attractive" can suck.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:55 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
And what exactly does truly single even mean?

What does that make me then?

I'm really curious.
I would assume it means they always have an option regardless of whether it's the optimal one.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:33 PM

491 posts, read 402,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
"Being attractive" can suck.
Nah, it's pretty good really. The only time it was a hindrance was when I worked in a prison. Sick call those days was really busy. Seems everyone had a tummy ache and needed to be evaluated by medical. If I thought being attractive s*cked, I could wear a burka.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:34 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,980,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Men need to trim their pubes.
^^^Nope not true. I don't know who these women are that are saying us men need to trim - but I haven't come across any in person. Plenty of lovers, never trimmed, no complaints here. Is this a new teenage or early 20-something thing?

Here's an annoying thing that no one seems to write about online... women that shave their pubes. It leaves stubble which does not feel good on one's face or on man parts. Much rather have you leave it alone and allow the hair ends to soften. Feels better in every regard.

Hair is not a bad thing, the whole shave it off movement needs to go away... too much work, and it doesn't feel good.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:35 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
And what exactly does truly single even mean?

What does that make me then?

I'm really curious.

No ... please ... don't.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:05 PM

282 posts, read 219,141 times
Here is the truth:

Everybody farts. If your deal breaker is girls/boys don't farts then enjoy being a hermit.

You might get a loud snorer. If your deal breaker is no snorer then enjoy being a hermit.

Everybody belches. If your deal breaker is girls/boys don't belch then enjoy being a hermit.

Everybody fights. If you think 'true' love don't fight each other at all then enjoy being a hermit.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:33 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,980,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirlygirl View Post
Here is the truth:

Everybody farts. If your deal breaker is girls/boys don't farts then enjoy being a hermit.

You might get a loud snorer. If your deal breaker is no snorer then enjoy being a hermit.

Everybody belches. If your deal breaker is girls/boys don't belch then enjoy being a hermit.

Everybody fights. If you think 'true' love don't fight each other at all then enjoy being a hermit.
^^^f-ing brilliant^^^ Yes. Yes. Yes. Virtual kiss sent your way - so much truth!

Old 10-05-2015, 03:36 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
The truthis we use one another, we are selfish. Realtionships are selfish.
We are selfish creatures. We only involve others when we need or want something.

That is the basis behind any human to human interaction.

It's up to us on how we approach this and handle how we relate this to others.
Understand what you want and learn how to relate this to those you want it from.

how we relate our wants, needs and desires to others around us is what separates the "good ones" from the "bad ones"

Last edited by rego00123; 10-05-2015 at 03:44 PM..

Old 10-05-2015, 03:50 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
^^^Nope not true. I don't know who these women are that are saying us men need to trim - but I haven't come across any in person. Plenty of lovers, never trimmed, no complaints here. Is this a new teenage or early 20-something thing?

Here's an annoying thing that no one seems to write about online... women that shave their pubes. It leaves stubble which does not feel good on one's face or on man parts. Much rather have you leave it alone and allow the hair ends to soften. Feels better in every regard.

Hair is not a bad thing, the whole shave it off movement needs to go away... too much work, and it doesn't feel good.
I said trim not bald. I'm 38 and trim that chia pet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships