Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 03:53 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,659,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I am doing something about it by getting a better job. It not about the money I just need more than a paycheck . I need to be challenged and anyone can work retail it so easy any 1\2 retarded can do it.

Also I don't tell people what I do for a liveing it to embarrassed to admit it. Woman want a guy with goals and dream and I did have any so I went back to college .
Now you are making no sense. You are embarrassed to tell people you are working full time and going to school full time, with the intention of going into the medical field... because it shows you have no "goals and dream"? [sic]

Either you are really selling yourself short or you did not bother to read or think about what you just typed.

Actually, there is a third option related to attention seeking, but I won't bother with that one.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:57 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Now you are making no sense. You are embarrassed to tell people you are working full time and going to school full time, with the intention of going into the medical field... because it shows you have no "goals and dream"? [sic]

Either you are really selling yourself short or you did not bother to read or think about what you just typed.
Or both.

Krieg, you can do better than spouting (and believing!) this tripe. Please get over yourself. Your mental health and academic productivity depend on it.

Old 05-10-2014, 04:57 PM

957 posts, read 1,058,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
While you make some good points, your closing sentence is up for debate. For some, you're right in saying, it is easy, while for others it is difficult. But not for the reasons you suppose.
I will have to agree with this. The guy who compared it to go players making poor coaches a couple pages back nailed it. I don't understand how slow people learn or how they stay at the intermediate level when they've been doing it for 5-10 years.

That kind **** drives me bonkers when I take a friend snowboarding or mountain biking that never improves!

That said, getting started and working towards goals definitely helps. I don't understand why they don't just get started and relentlessly purse their goals.

Old 05-10-2014, 05:04 PM

3,513 posts, read 3,716,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Yes, that will increase your attractiveness. But if you're not good with women with a crappy job, you wont be with a good one.
^^ This.

Quote:
Better job = me not feeling like POS when I wake up in the morning wishing I did not have to work today .
Quote:
I am doing something about it by getting a better job. It not about the money I just need more than a paycheck . I need to be challenged and anyone can work retail it so easy any 1\2 retarded can do it.

Also I don't tell people what I do for a liveing it to embarrassed to admit it. Woman want a guy with goals and dream and I did have any so I went back to college .
If you are making $19.40 as another person alluded to, and you're single with no responsibilities (kids, marriage, etc.), then you should be living like a king.

What are you going to do with a girl if you got one? There's more to life than _______.

To the topic at hand, for every success a guy has, you aren't seeing the failures/turn-downs.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:37 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,715,235 times
Quote:
I am part of the working poor it sucks and I do not want this lifestyle. Just making enough to get by at the end of the month sucks. On top of that it is hard to feel good about working a dead end job going no wear fast.

I wanted more out of life so I have been taking college classes to get a better job.
Let me be blunt. If you ever become a nurse you'll actually see the working poor. To claim you are one is obnoxious, self pitying nonsense. This one track record you play over and over is becoming tiresome. The reason you are unhappy is not because you have a retail job, it's because the record playing in your head is broken with self fulfilling negativity constantly. Good god, it's bad enough having to read your whining posts day after day, I can only imagine how horrible it must be to actually be you. You will never make a good nurse with this attitude you have. And if you write essays the way you write in this forum you'll never pass either, just a heads up there.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:40 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Let me be blunt. If you ever become a nurse you'll actually see the working poor. To claim you are one is obnoxious, self pitying nonsense. This one track record you play over and over is becoming tiresome. The reason you are unhappy is not because you have a retail job, it's because the record playing in your head is broken with self fulfilling negativity constantly. Good god, it's bad enough having to read your whining posts day after day, I can only imagine how horrible it must be to actually be you. You will never make a good nurse with this attitude you have. And if you write essays the way you write in this forum you'll never pass either, just a heads up there.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:36 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,636,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Isn't Krieger closer to his mid twenties going back to college? Big difference being 18 making 19.40 an hour than a 25 year old. And with the cost of tuition so high, he's probably still going to be broke for a while.
I wish i was in my mid twenties I am turning 31 this year I am not going to do anything special since i have not accomplished anything with my life i do not deserve it . I will just spent the day in bed with my life partner, Ketel One.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:38 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,850,945 times
Quote:
I wish i was in my mid twenties I am turning 31 this year I am not going to do anything special since i have not accomplished anything with my life i do not deserve it . I will just spent the day in bed with my life partner, Ketel One.
That's right, dude. Spend your free time in bed. That's the way to win at life.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Dude, you're not doing yourself any favors by comparing yourself with people higher on the ladder than you! Think about how many are way below. How many have no hope of a college education? Count your blessings, man. You're doing good. Why're you tryin to brainwash yourself to think otherwise? Are you trying to depress yourself? Bad move. You've got a lot going for you. Don't blow it.

Success is my only option, failure's not

Old 05-10-2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
That's right, dude. Spend your free time in bed. That's the way to win at life.
That was only my birthday I turned off my phone and hung out by myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.