Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2014, 05:42 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,240,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I like Celine. She's just a little too old for me............Wonderful voice though...
I think she has an incredible voice; I just don't like her type of music. It's just not my preference.

Old 05-10-2014, 05:44 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Prisoners is the Saturday Movie on HBO......seems like a good thriller.

Prisoners (2013) - IMDb

Old 05-10-2014, 05:45 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
[quote=TRosa;34744956]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Yes, I'm thinking some people might think it's awful how we're joking around after what just happened with Chow's stepmother, but I'm so sick of illness and death right now that I just want to escape somewhere and just have fun and not think about any of it.

TRosa, you've mentioned your siblings before. Do you mind me asking what happened to them? (To add to the hilarity of this thread. )

I honestly hate talking about it too often, but I will for the sake of this conversation

First my brother, passed Aids age 40 he had turned his life around remarkably in the last few years of his life, but it was much too late.

Five or six months later my sister, two years older than myself, about age 38 passed after contracting it from her husband. I moved her and her two boys in with me during this time and nursed her prior to her death, she had hung on for a good year and half before she passed after I had found out she was ill. I was devastated for years took me a long time to recover.

A few years later, several years later my oldest sister at age 49, had a heart attack, had a quad-bipass, two weeks later while recovering at home slipped and feel, died.

My baby sister, around age 38, four years younger than myself had a blood clot, she died partly due to the fact that she refused blood transfusion so the surgery wasn't performed, she was a Jehovah's Witness, never held my non beliefs against me, we used to hang out all the time, she would bring her girls down to my place to spend weekends, I'd go visit her. I didn't get to say bye to any of them. I adored my little sis.

To explain our childhood would be even more complicated, maybe someday we'll chat in private about that. For now this is making me too sad, so back to the music.

fck, fck, fck, fck.

We are in the midst of one strong woman, my friends.

Quote:
I think she has an incredible voice; I just don't like her type of music. It's just not my preference.

Same here. Plus, she's a snotty French Canadien. lmao

Old 05-10-2014, 05:47 PM

[quote=TRosa;34744956]
Quote:
Yes, I'm thinking some people might think it's awful how we're joking around after what just happened with Chow's stepmother, but I'm so sick of illness and death right now that I just want to escape somewhere and just have fun and not think about any of it.

TRosa, you've mentioned your siblings before. Do you mind me asking what happened to them? (To add to the hilarity of this thread. )

I honestly hate talking about it too often, but I will for the sake of this conversation

First my brother, passed Aids age 40 he had turned his life around remarkably in the last few years of his life, but it was much too late.

Five or six months later my sister, two years older than myself, about age 38 passed after contracting it from her husband. I moved her and her two boys in with me during this time and nursed her prior to her death, she had hung on for a good year and half before she passed after I had found out she was ill. I was devastated for years took me a long time to recover.

A few years later, several years later my oldest sister at age 49, had a heart attack, had a quad-bipass, two weeks later while recovering at home slipped and feel, died.

My baby sister, around age 38, four years younger than myself had a blood clot, she died partly due to the fact that she refused blood transfusion so the surgery wasn't performed, she was a Jehovah's Witness, never held my non beliefs against me, we used to hang out all the time, she would bring her girls down to my place to spend weekends, I'd go visit her. I didn't get to say bye to any of them. I adored my little sis.

To explain our childhood would be even more complicated, maybe someday we'll chat in private about that. For now this is making me too sad, so back to the music.

fck, fck, fck, fck.
I am honestly out of words here. I'm really so sorry.

Okay, more music...

Old 05-10-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
We are in the midst of one strong woman, my friends.
No kidding. I think I'd just better shut up and quit whining, period.

Old 05-10-2014, 05:53 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
So, what? Did nobody want to listen to her sing the Canadian national anthem? lol

Its really nice.
Saddest song Celine ever recorded. I tear up everytime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5W4RjTW3zQ

Old 05-10-2014, 05:55 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
come on now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSq9...GfxRM25T42QGBo

Old 05-10-2014, 06:00 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
We're all posting vids and goofing around, but on a serious note, I can't stress how important I think music is, it's one of the most important things in this world to me, don't know if I'd be able to make it without it.....

It pulls me up and out of the muck and keeps me vertical.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Uh...no. We can stop that music!

Old 05-10-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
We're all posting vids and goofing around, but on a serious note, I can't stress how important I think music is, it's one of the most important things in this world to me, don't know if I'd be able to make it without it.....

It pulls me up and out of the muck and keeps me vertical.
Try music, and those little blue pills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships