Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2014, 01:38 PM

19,263 posts, read 15,148,714 times

Advertisements

We recently watched "Night Train to Lisbon" with Jeremy Irons. That was good, too.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:50 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,534,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post

I didn't watch it. Ben Afleck drives me up a wall.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch the Batman/Superman movie without throwing my drink at the screen.
If Superman kills Batman, I'll be okay with it.
Ben did good in Argo, not whiny like he usually is. Yeah, Ben Afleck and Michael Keaton, not two guys I would have put at the top of my Batman casting list.
Heath Ledger is the undisputed best Joker IMO. I didn't recognize the Joker being him at first.
I did a little reading on Argo and found the movie was about 50% accurate. The two largest inaccuracies being the climatic airport scene and the downplaying of the Canadian involvement in Iran.

Last edited by WFW&P; 06-21-2014 at 01:58 PM..

Old 06-21-2014, 01:58 PM

8,748 posts, read 9,441,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Ben did good in Argo, not whiny like he usually is. Yeah, Ben Afleck and Michael Keaton, not two guys I would have put at the top of my Batman casting list.
Heath Ledger is the undisputed best Joker IMO. I didn't recognize the Joker being him at first.
Agree, I've never much cared for the character and always cringed with the Joker's appearances till Ledger took the roll.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I did a little reading on Argo and found the movie was about 50% accurate. The two largest inaccuracies being the climatic airport scene and the downplaying of the Canadian involvement in Iran.
I don't really care much about Batman movies, but I thought Michael Keaton was great. He's always great, though.

What can I say about Heath Ledger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Agree, I've never much cared for the character and always cringed with the Joker's appearances till Ledger took the roll.
LOL, sounds like you were embarrassed for him.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
*ahem*..........t'was Canadians that rescued the embassy staff.

I wouldn't expect Hollywood to say so though. Not interesting enough. Just like the movie U-571, it was the British that pulled off that whole operation........months before the US even got in to WW2.
Blah, blah, blah...

Just kidding. It figures, huh?

Old 06-21-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I don't really care much about Batman movies, but I thought Michael Keaton was great. He's always great, though.

What can I say about Heath Ledger...

LOL, sounds like you were embarrassed for him.
I just never cared for the character, same with the penguin, but Heath made the joker watchable and interesting.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:16 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,387,154 times
Quote:
Quote:
You think so?

Hmm. I mean, he was really good...but I didn't see it until well after it had been out. After hearing all the "OMG!OMG! Heath is the best! He was insane!"........I ended up with a "meh" feeling. After I watched it a few more times I thought it was better, but I guess it was over sold to me.

If you watch Jack's version of the Joker, he has his own insanity going on there. They are basically playing two different versions, and both are correct.

And I'll be honest.......Keaton has been the best Batman to date, IMO. He had the best Batmobile, too. That contraption from the latest movies is just dumb, to me.
The worst was Clooney, and Ahnold playing Mr. Freeze was just ridiculous.

You know who should have played Freeze?

PATRICK STEWART!!!!

Old 06-21-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
You think so?

Hmm. I mean, he was really good...but I didn't see it until well after it had been out. After hearing all the "OMG!OMG! Heath is the best! He was insane!"........I ended up with a "meh" feeling. After I watched it a few more times I thought it was better, but I guess it was over sold to me.

If you watch Jack's version of the Joker, he has his own insanity going on there. They are basically playing two different versions, and both are correct.

And I'll be honest.......Keaton has been the best Batman to date, IMO. He had the best Batmobile, too. That contraption from the latest movies is just dumb, to me.
The worst was Clooney, and Ahnold playing Mr. Freeze was just ridiculous.

You know who should have played Freeze?

PATRICK STEWART!!!!

Definitely in agreement about Keaton, loved him in the roll. As far as the Joker, I never cared for the character period, so, anyone playing him was annoying to me, until Ledger's what I considered most entertaining portrayal.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:22 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,387,154 times
Quote:
Definitely in agreement about Keaton, loved him in the roll. As far as the Joker, I never cared for the character period, so, anyone playing him was annoying to me, until Ledger's what I considered most entertaining portrayal.

How could you possibly be annoyed with this guy?

Old 06-21-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
How could you possibly be annoyed with this guy?

OMG! Don't remind me of my childhood and that nightmare. LOL

Oh, but I have to disagree about the batmobile, that bat motorbike in Dark Knight is to die for of all the movies, that one I bought just to watch that scene where that baby rolls out, sound effects and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.