Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 07:32 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,064,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
OUCH!

My wife is a strong willed person but we agree on plenty. More than not, in fact. But I do appreciate when she stands her ground on an issue. This is because the issue itself is just a manifestation of what I really appreciate, and that is the fact she is a smart and strong person who can think for herself. Sometimes she concedes an issue, sometimes I do. I'd rather not always get my way than have a push over for a wife. And a lot of times her ideas are better than mine so listening to her results in a better outcome anyway.

As for arguing over every little thing...to hell with that. Been there once already and it is exhausting.
You sound just like my husband.

I've been described more often than not as "sassy", which I think is just a nice way of saying "biotch"..lol

Old 05-07-2014, 07:34 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Most of the men I've ended up with genuinely enjoy a woman who has a backbone. Not necessarily someone argumentative, but someone who has opinions (and will argue them), and who basically won't take any cr@p.

My husband cannot stand passive mates, heck he'll argue a stance just to rile me up.

I think there is something alluring (to keep it PG13) in some back and forth tension at times. Challenging each other views and kinda keeping each other on our toes.

I could never date a passive man, or one without strong principles, passions and opinions. I would unintentionally walk all over them, and I don't think I would respect that, and subsequently would lose interest physically.

There is a huge caveat with all of that. My husband and I genuinely care about each other's happiness, so the arguments tend to be more intellectual and not emotional. Plus, we don't argue about things like kids, finances, and other base principles. Any emotional or important arguments are NOT fun.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-07-2014, 07:44 PM

185 posts, read 241,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Thanks dude for ruining it all now by adding an oedipus complex to this all now!

Like I was saying earlier it isn't about being challenged all the time. Who wants to deal with that ****?

It's more about a woman that sticks to her beliefs and doesn't bend her views for me. I really hate when women do that it is so unattractive to me. I feel like they are being disingenuous to me and are just trying to make me happy or sell themselves to me.
Lmao didn't mean to do that at all. I prefer somewhere in the middle of the road is what I'm trying to say, I like when a woman can stand up to me and won't fold because my opinion differs on something that's important to her. I don't like it if she purposely finding things to argue with me about though lol, that's an entirely different thing.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:36 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,088 times
Ah so it does seem like others here seem to share the same thoughts here! Interesting lol

Old 05-07-2014, 08:59 PM

592 posts, read 802,377 times
As long as she agrees to have plenty of sex, we're good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships