Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 07:16 PM

12 posts, read 10,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You plan to never go back to your hometown? What about visiting your parents, do they no longer live there? If not, no problem. Your hometown is no longer relevant to your life. She probably won't ask, as long as you visit your parents together.
I don't talk to my parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 07:19 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England boy View Post
I don't talk to my parents.
Well, she's going to wonder about that. Have you discussed this with her? People can be really understanding, you know. She's engaged to you, it means she cares, and she won't be judgmental.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, she's going to wonder about that. Have you discussed this with her? People can be really understanding, you know. She's engaged to you, it means she cares, and she won't be judgmental.
I told her that they didn't like my lifestyle choices.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:31 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
I would dump someone on his azz if he kept a secret like this and we got married.

Just FYI: Many people don't care about the drugs, but care a lot about the lying by ommission.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I would dump someone on his azz if he kept a secret like this and we got married.

Just FYI: Many people don't care about the drugs, but care a lot about the lying by ommission.
What if a woman didn't tell her husband about an abortion? What would you say then?

Old 05-11-2014, 07:50 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
What if a woman didn't tell her husband about an abortion? What would you say then?
Are you kidding? The same thing I would say if a man did not tell his wife about the abortion he and his ex had, of course.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:10 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Wow. An abortion - you know, a legal medical decision - is on par with a felony crime that resulted in exile from your hometown and apparently estrangement from your own family.

What a lucky woman your fiance must be

BTW, too many people know about this for it to stay hidden. Sooner or later someone from your past is going to pop up in your life looking to reconnect, and then things could get messy. Are you really that naive?

Old 05-11-2014, 08:22 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,842 times
Quote:

Starting any marriage off withholding anything pertinent is not good. Transparency is everything. It's good for you to get it off your conscience and her to know.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:33 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:

Seriously!

Old 05-11-2014, 08:34 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
As long as you weren't arrested, I don't see it as a big secret that must be told or must be withheld. It's not huge either way. But if I were you, I'd tell. I don't have any secrets from my wife. It's just easier that way -- nothing to hide. She would probably see more humor to it that you do. My wife was a west coast hippie in the 70s. She's got some stories to tell. Actually, many have become popular stories that are told over and over at family gatherings. Pop a beer top, sit back and everybody tell a favorite story about Crazy Aunt Kate.

My parents were salt of the earth, church-going, hard working farmers. I enjoyed many of their tales, but my favorites were how my dad financed his first car with money he made brewing and selling beer at dances during prohibition days. And how my mother had to stall the revenuers to give her employer time to hide the whiskey still.

This is who you are. I'd share it with your fiancé. She'd like to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships