Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 07:23 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia25 View Post
I forgot to mention that I always have to drive to see him. We live about 25 miles apart. I don't mind sometimes but...
And, although I'm not materialistic AT ALL, he's never bought me even a birthday card. I guess it's just a bunch of tiny things that add up. But I don't want to be demanding, that's why I'm posting to get others' views.
Thanks for all the responses so far!
Mia, when you get there, does he take you out or do you guys stay in and basically just hang out and have sex? From what you are saying, and I'm sorry to say this, but it sounds as if he's "just not that into you" ... but he allows you to come over so he can have sex with you.

Don't you think you should require more for yourself? Don't you think you deserve that? Don't make excuses -- make a list of what you need, what you want, and what are deal-breakers in a relationship. Then, find someone who meets that criteria and feels that he is blessed to get to spend time with you.

Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 07:30 PM

708 posts, read 823,313 times
Quote:
Thank you, mghow. You'd make a fantastic psychologist. I do have self esteem issues, although I don't understand why. My parents were awesome, always telling me how great I was. But yeah, I will purchase that book. So odd: I know deep down I deserve better and that it's a waste of time to try changing someone. But I'm guilty of it
You only mentioned the 'telling'' but not the 'showing'.

You could read a few sample paragraphs of the book before just to make sure. Be warned, quite a few people who read it said it was very tough and one reviewer said ''I would have given it a 5/5 if it wasn't such a slap in the face' lol. Looking within and dealing with truth is always hard. Expect to feel uncomfortable at what you initially discover.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:38 PM

588 posts, read 956,854 times
We do go out sometimes, but I always drive to his house. Cannot believe I basically have done all the work and he's taken me for granted all this time. Terrible. Thanks for all the pep talks. This forum really has helped. Gosh! He's such an ass!

Old 05-15-2014, 07:42 PM

I've been feeling uncomfortable since I started reading these responses, haha! So embarrassing. So this book should be good. I NEED to be slapped anyway.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Mia, when you get there, does he take you out or do you guys stay in and basically just hang out and have sex? From what you are saying, and I'm sorry to say this, but it sounds as if he's "just not that into you" ... but he allows you to come over so he can have sex with you.

Don't you think you should require more for yourself? Don't you think you deserve that? Don't make excuses -- make a list of what you need, what you want, and what are deal-breakers in a relationship. Then, find someone who meets that criteria and feels that he is blessed to get to spend time with you.

Best of luck.
Thank you! I was on FB last night and noticed he posted some status updates, but I didn't read them. Believe me, that's a step in the right direction for me. I'm serious this time. Enough is enough. There's this other guy who has been asking me out but I kept turning him down due to my love of being tortured by this guy. Lol!!

I'm going to be open to other, um, adventures now. No rebound romances, though. First things first. Self-improvement.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:36 PM

708 posts, read 823,313 times
Quote:
Thank you! I was on FB last night and noticed he posted some status updates, but I didn't read them. Believe me, that's a step in the right direction for me. I'm serious this time. Enough is enough. There's this other guy who has been asking me out but I kept turning him down due to my love of being tortured by this guy. Lol!!

I'm going to be open to other, um, adventures now. No rebound romances, though. First things first. Self-improvement.

You might want to check out 'The No Contact Rule Baggage Reclaim by Natalie Lue', one of her other books while you're at it.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:30 PM

Alright, sounds good. Man! Barnes & Noble's gonna either ask me if I've moved in or send me a thank you card for buying so many books
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships