Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 08:50 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,897,130 times

Advertisements

OP how do you think your kids will react...given you are planning to do this even though the timing is poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 08:54 AM

29 posts, read 28,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
OP how do you think your kids will react...given you are planning to do this even though the timing is poor.
I won't do it right now. I will wait for a while but I have to start preparations for how I'll do it.

I think my kids will react fine, I'll calmly speak with them and explain I've found someone else I want to be with so their mother and I are getting a divorce. They are all adults so there's no reason for them not to understand. My love for them doesn't change with a divorce so I can't see where's the problem.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:15 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,688,182 times
Make it easy by giving your wife everything, that's the smoothest way to break it off. Consider it the prize she's earned for having to be with an ungrateful, cheating spouse for 32 years.

If this is a real post I truly hope you tell her ASAP. How utterly awful to be married to someone who doesn't care about your loss, it must be terribly lonely already for her.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:20 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,163,596 times
I don't really see a reason to rub salt in the wound by telling your kids you found another woman. They are your kids, they don't need those kinds of details for why you are leaving their mother.

As for when to tell the wife? I think she'll feel equally as betrayed whether you wait three months or three years.

Another reason I don't believe in "staying together for the kids". I'm a child of divorce. My parents got divorced when I was about 14. It was rough for a few years, but thank GOD they did when they did. I can't imagine them hanging on to that crap for 10 more years. As far as I'm concerned, it should have happened by the time I was 5. I was damaged more seeing an unhealthy relationship, my relationship with both of them strengthened when they finally got their own lives apart.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:22 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,897,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEDGER View Post
I won't do it right now. I will wait for a while but I have to start preparations for how I'll do it.

I think my kids will react fine, I'll calmly speak with them and explain I've found someone else I want to be with so their mother and I are getting a divorce. They are all adults so there's no reason for them not to understand. My love for them doesn't change with a divorce so I can't see where's the problem.
I wouldn't count on that, especially with you moving on to someone else.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:23 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,703,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
If that's true, and I certainly believe it could be, then maybe that poster is working thru some stuff that happened to them as the abandoned wife or child and is getting some vicarious thrill out of seeing the man "abused" by all of us. It wouldn't be the worst way to deal with such a crisis.
This is exactly what is happening and it has been consistently pointed out in the "OP's" previous threads. We are being used.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Ok, but providing your post is real and your situation is real (and it very well could be from what I have seen in this world), I would wait a little while longer before lowering the boom. Losing your mother and sister...absolutely devastating events. If you have waited 20+ years, you can wait longer.

The other thing is that if I were you, I would NOT tell her anything about this new woman. EVER. Especially the part about how you two were boinking while she was going through the worst time in her whole life. No, seriously. She can never know that part. Not if you have a shred of decency left in you.

You don't love your wife anymore. But have a modicum of loyalty and heart and see her through her losses before becoming the next terrible thing that happens to her.
I think I should be honest with her. If I've found someone else, why shouldn't I say it? She's going to fnd out later anyway and it will be worse for her. She's not a child from whom you have to hide the truth.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:50 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,311,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEDGER View Post
I think I should be honest with her. If I've found someone else, why shouldn't I say it? She's going to fnd out later anyway and it will be worse for her. She's not a child from whom you have to hide the truth.
How is she going to find out you were boinking this chick prior to your divorce unless YOU make it public knowledge?

She can and will find out about the chick sooner or later, yes. But she does not have to know that you betrayed her far before the marriage ended. Not in the wake of her mother's demise.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
Make it easy by giving your wife everything, that's the smoothest way to break it off. Consider it the prize she's earned for having to be with an ungrateful, cheating spouse for 32 years.

If this is a real post I truly hope you tell her ASAP. How utterly awful to be married to someone who doesn't care about your loss, it must be terribly lonely already for her.
Where did you get this from?

Old 05-17-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
I don't really see a reason to rub salt in the wound by telling your kids you found another woman. They are your kids, they don't need those kinds of details for why you are leaving their mother.

As for when to tell the wife? I think she'll feel equally as betrayed whether you wait three months or three years.

Another reason I don't believe in "staying together for the kids". I'm a child of divorce. My parents got divorced when I was about 14. It was rough for a few years, but thank GOD they did when they did. I can't imagine them hanging on to that crap for 10 more years. As far as I'm concerned, it should have happened by the time I was 5. I was damaged more seeing an unhealthy relationship, my relationship with both of them strengthened when they finally got their own lives apart.
I wanted my kids to grow with their father around and that is done. And just like my wife, they are going to find out I've another woman even if they aren't told. They are grown ups, not children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships