Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 02:43 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,377,551 times

Advertisements

Am I the only one that thinks these women are complete idiots? Sending a guy named "max moose advisor"(yes that was his name) THOUSANDS of dollars in a cereal box to Africa. LOL! It's one thing if they didn't have their mental faculties(Alzheimer's ect), but these are well spoken middle aged women. I'm sorry, but their responsible for this. I don't see them as a victim. They scammer clearly can BARELY speak English. It's so ridiculous. Anyone else watch these episodes and can relate to the idiocy of these women. There are probably men that get taken advantage of like this, but are too embarrassed to admit it. Women are better at playing the victim.

The last one MARRIED a guy she never met over the phone. Are you KIDDING me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 03:00 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,739,930 times
Absolutely agree!!! It's beyond pathetic. From the first moment that they heard the man's accent over the phone, they should've easily figured out that he's an African trying to pass himself off as an American/European. There was this one woman on the show a few years back who actually believed that the man she had been interacting with for months was a white man from Boston, even though they aired a clip of a phone conversation between the two of them and it was obvious from the man's accent that he was African. And, it turned out that the pictures he had sent her of "himself" were actually pictures of a male model.

I seriously think that these women have some type of mental illness that hasn't been formally defined. I kid you not. No middle-aged woman is THAT stupid unless she's got mental issues of some kind.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:07 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,967,096 times
It is the female version of the old, fat, bald, ugly rich guy that thinks a 20 something hottie is with him because she really loves him.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:07 PM

102,067 posts, read 107,036,480 times
Did you guys hear about the professor from a university, I think it was in South Carolina, who got similarly scammed by (someone posing as) a woman in Latin America, and got him to fly to Peru and take a piece of luggage full of drugs to Argentina? (He didn't know there were drugs in the bag.) He got nailed, naturally, and at last report, was still in jail. It was on one of those TV news magazines, like 60 Minutes.

To paraphrase "Justme305", "guys like that must have some type of mental illness that hasn't been formally defined. I kid you not. No middle-aged man (a tenured university faculty member, no less) is THAT stupid unless he's got mental health issues of some kind."

Lonely men will do anything, given a photo undoubtedly picked off the internet, of a beautiful, young woman.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
It is the female version of the old, fat, bald, ugly rich guy that thinks a 20 something hottie is with him because she really loves him.
No that's way different. Women can feel chemistry/attraction to older men that some other women might find attractive. Have you never thought a guy was hot who other women said no way to? It's called beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Sean Connery is/was fat and old for example, yet many women find him attractive. George cloony is nearly a senior citizen, yet is a sex symbol. Old women are not attractive because their not able to breed anymore. Women don't age well. Blame nature.

Please watch these episodes if you haven't. Their so absurd I question whether there even real.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Lonely men will do anything, given a photo undoubtedly picked off the internet, of a beautiful, young woman.
STUPID/CRAZY lonely men maybe.
I won't even drive 2 hours to meet someone off the internet because I'd be afraid they might not show up. lol You don't trust someone you've never had a face to face with. Common sense. I also refuse to email people repeatedly. I don't do online pen pal relationships. Meet in a public place quickly and see if we even like each other in person. Not rocket science. But this dr phil cat fish stuff is on a whole another level.

They keep sending cash. AGAIN AND AGAIN! Are you kidding me? There's nothing I've seen this stupid.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Sean Connery is/was fat and old for example, yet many women find him attractive. George cloony is nearly a senior citizen, yet is a sex symbol. Old women are not attractive because their not able to breed anymore. Women don't age well. Blame nature.
That really depends on the woman. Plenty of men have their hair fall out after they pass 40 (or earlier), and get dumpy, while 40-something women still look hot, especially if they haven't had kids. Blame nature about the hair falling out. And you'd be surprised how many guys don't care if a woman can breed or not, or whether she wants to breed. It's not about breeding. It's about how good you are in bed, baybee, and the good company you can offer.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Did you guys hear about the professor from a university, I think it was in South Carolina, who got similarly scammed by (someone posing as) a woman in Latin America, and got him to fly to Peru and take a piece of luggage full of drugs to Argentina? (He didn't know there were drugs in the bag.) He got nailed, naturally, and at last report, was still in jail. It was on one of those TV news magazines, like 60 Minutes.
:
Honestly? Sounds like a load of crap. Sounds like he knew what he was doing and looking for an excuse for the cops, but you never know for sure.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
That really depends on the woman. Plenty of men have their hair fall out after they pass 40 (or earlier), and get dumpy, while 40-something women still look hot, especially if they haven't had kids. Blame nature about the hair falling out. And you'd be surprised how many guys don't care if a woman can breed or not, or whether she wants to breed. It's not about breeding. It's about how good you are in bed, baybee, and the good company you can offer.
I'll be straight up. It's NOT about breeding, but it's about looking good. Our genetic wiring makes us attracted to women of breeding age.

Women over 50 are not sexy in my opinion(my genetic wiring). It's all downhill after 30. A few women can hold their looks at 40(norah O'Donnell for example, but she looks late 20's) Not trying to be offensive. Just telling the truth. Primate males prefer younger females. They look better.

Some women are attracted to bald men. Yes they are. Trust me. I'm not bald btw

Old 05-17-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post

They keep sending cash. AGAIN AND AGAIN! Are you kidding me? There's nothing I've seen this stupid.
We've had guys posting here who did the same thing. Got taken in by someone on the internet they never met, and kept sending money to help "her" through this or that crisis, and she kept promising to meet them in person, AFTER the guy helped her with her eviction and getting a new rental, AFTER helping her post bail to her son unjustly booked into jail, blah blah blah. And the guys kept sending cash! And they posted here to ask us if they should keep sending more! Seriously!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships