Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 01:14 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times

Advertisements

Some people are just like that. I ran into it too (and I am a woman). She probably wasn't too interested, but at the same time didn't want to appear rude by not answering. Don't lose too much sleep over it and find someone better.

I really thought her one word answer "okay" to your statement, "you know if you are not interested you can stop responding since it's not much I can do with a one word answer," was funny in an ironic sort of way though. I don't think she did it on purpose, but still... lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 01:17 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
oh man, one word respones are so lame. When I get one, I just respond with "ok"

Old 05-19-2014, 01:51 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Some people are just like that. I ran into it too (and I am a woman). She probably wasn't too interested, but at the same time didn't want to appear rude by not answering. Don't lose too much sleep over it and find someone better.

I really thought her one word answer "okay" to your statement, "you know if you are not interested you can stop responding since it's not much I can do with a one word answer," was funny in an ironic sort of way though. I don't think she did it on purpose, but still... lol
Yeah it was. Lol

Old 05-19-2014, 02:55 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Did you meet her prior to this exchange?

Old 05-19-2014, 03:30 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Personally I think she is kind of lame. If she was not interested, she shouldn't have responded in the first place. Period.
Doesn't matter. Even when you don't respond, some people still don't get it. I just received a follow up to a message that I didn't reply to more than two weeks ago. He says: "Hey there no reply? I didn't make you laugh or smile?" What am I supposed to say, "No, not really, but thanks for trying?"

Old 05-19-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Doesn't matter. Even when you don't respond, some people still don't get it. I just received a follow up to a message that I didn't reply to more than two weeks ago. He says: "Hey there no reply? I didn't make you laugh or smile?" What am I supposed to say, "No, not really, but thanks for trying?"
you supposed to block him

Old 05-19-2014, 05:27 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
you supposed to block him
I didn't think he did anything bad enough to deserve getting blocked. If I get a third e-mail, I'll consider it.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:35 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
I can see someone doing that just to check and see if you got the first message. I mean, I wouldn't do it, but I can see where some would think it a good strategy. Like you said though, after the 3rd message. . .

Old 05-19-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I didn't think he did anything bad enough to deserve getting blocked. If I get a third e-mail, I'll consider it.
If a unattractive women sends me more than one message she is blocked

Old 05-19-2014, 06:33 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
They were not one after another,
Doesn't matter. You pelted her with questions like you were interrogating her.

The best way to get to know someone via OLD is to pick out something you like about her profile--aside from her photo--say you like it, make an observation about it, and ask a question that cannot be answered with "yes," "no," or just one word.

"You're into underwater basket-weaving? That's pretty wild/I am too. How did you get into that?"

Ask questions that start with "how" or "why," because their answers generally require some thought. If she finds your profile interesting in return, she will answer your question with a full answer, and in turn ask you something about yours.

If not, move on.

I've been on an OLD site for about a week and a half and the guys who have a shot are the ones who know how give and take works in a conversation.

The ones who just say, "how are you?" or "hey" because they happen to see me online seem stunted and limited already. Like it or not, you actually have to be better at conversation and communication online than you do in person when it comes to dating, because the person can't hear your voice or see the expression on your face, and there's nothing nearby for you to notice and talk about when there is a lull.

Also, make sure your profile has something for her to read. If you just have your statistics or only a sentence or two, she's going to feel like she's talking to a bot. And whatever you do, don't put something like, "if you want to know about me, just ask" in your profile or a message. You approached her out of nowhere. Why should she want to know anything about you at all if you don't have anything that might catch her interest in your profile? Give her something to work with, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships