Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2014, 04:17 PM

52 posts, read 44,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
So is that your justification for running away from your responsibilities?
I assure you that will change now, I'll contact the boy's mother even though I don't think she's going to react well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 04:19 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyLoc View Post
I assure you that will change now, I'll contact the boy's mother even though I don't think she's going to react well.
If I were you I'd go through a lawyer (you mentioned this earlier). That is your best bet. You have no idea what kind legal/financial issues you are going to invite into your life by doing this, so best to be prepared.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
If I were you I'd go through a lawyer (you mentioned this earlier). That is your best bet. You have no idea what kind legal/financial issues you are going to invite into your life by doing this, so best to be prepared.
Thank you. Do you think the boy and his mother could forgive me one day? I have no idea what she might have told him. At age 5 I'm sure he has asked about his father sometime.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:33 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
I would be angry at having wasted 4 years on a deadbeat.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:35 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,297 times
Yes, I would be furious and devastated learning that my boyfriend was such an irresponsible, selfish person who abandoned a woman, who he impregnated, at her most emotionally vulnerable state, and neglected his child for five years.

I'd wonder what kind of man this was and whether he'd abandon me, too. I would probably end the relationship if he didn't show any intention to show concern for the lives of the mother of his child and especially the child himself. A deadbeat is a deal breaker and a big red flag for "irresponsible" and "self-centered".

Yeah, you should try to fix it and have your finances ready.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I would be angry at having wasted 4 years on a deadbeat.
We had very good times and what I feel for her is truthful and genuine.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Yes, I would be furious and devastated learning that my boyfriend was such an irresponsible, selfish person who abandoned a woman, who he impregnated, at her most emotionally vulnerable state, and neglected his child for five years.

I'd wonder what kind of man this was and whether he'd abandon me, too. I would probably end the relationship if he didn't show any intention to show concern for the lives of the mother of his child and especially the child himself. A deadbeat is a deal breaker and a big red flag for "irresponsible" and "self-centered".
I apologise for coming across as selfish, it wasn't my intention to hurt them. I just didn't want that kind of responsability at the time.

Quote:
Yeah, you should try to fix it and have your finances ready.
Fortunately money was never the problem. I didn't want the commitment or the time you have to spend taking care of a child.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:10 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,297 times
Okay so acknowledging that and putting your selfishness back then aside, what do you think the mother of your first-born son, and him of course, are owed for five years of neglect, Ricky?

Talking about time and commitment, you made the time to have sex and ejaculate into a woman's womb and conceive a human being, though. I'm pretty sure she didn't want to be a single mom while you were out surfing the seas of women and having a blast skeeting all over them too. But she dedicated herself to facing her and your responsibilities alone. What do you want to do? Call her and say I'm sorry and expect that to be it as long as your girlfriend doesn't dump you? You had five years and you still don't want to do anything. What are you going to do?

Last edited by Yiuppy; 05-18-2014 at 05:19 PM..

Old 05-18-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Okay so acknowledging that and putting your selfishness back then aside, what do you think the mother of your first-born son, and him of course, are owed for five years of neglect, Ricky?
Do you mean financially? No idea, I would have to speak to her and a lawyer.

Quote:
Talking about time and commitment, you made the time to have sex and ejaculate into a woman's womb and conceive a human being, though. I'm pretty sure she didn't want to be a single mom while you were out surfing the seas of women and having a blast skeeting all over them too. But she dedicated herself to facing her and your responsibilities alone. What do you want to do? Call her and say I'm sorry and expect that to be it as long as your girlfriend doesn't dump you? You had five years and you still don't want to do anything. What are you going to do?
That's not even comparable. You always make time if youre having fun. I know she didn't want to have an unplanned child, that's why I don't understand why didn't she simply had an abortion.

Of course I want to do something, that's why I'm here.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:38 PM

My girlfriend just called me saying we have to have a talk tomorrow. I hope it goes well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships