Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2014, 03:39 PM

52 posts, read 44,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Your ex-girlfriend's character seems to be more on the up and up than your own. Is this the absolute best you can do, bad mouth your ex as an excuse? Pathetic.
How am I badmouthing her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 03:45 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
I wonder if the father wanted the baby and the mother didn't? Could the father force the mother to have the child?

I can't bet all you women would say it's her body its her choice and father doesn't have the final say.

Well, same should apply for the, OP. He conveyed very clearly he did not want to have this child, but she instead, went along with the birth knowing he may never be part of the kids life and possibly never get financial support. It's the choice she made.
Except that he had unprotected sex, so if he wanted to be clear about not having a child, he would have insisted on protection. He didn't take ANY precautions against fathering a child.

And unfortunately for men, women are the ones that carry a pregnancy, so men don't have any control over that part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'd leave you and never look back
Same here. It was such a selfish, cowardly way of dealing with the issue that I would completely lose all respect for him.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:47 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,978,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyLoc View Post
If she got pregnant, even if unplanned, it would be a LOT different. She's not a casual fling like my child's mother was. I would never leave her.
oh NOW it's YOUR child!!
Dude, your gf is NEVER going to forget this, nor is she going to let YOU forget this.

Don't know where you go from here but, btw how old are you two?

Old 05-18-2014, 03:50 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,978,388 times
Quote:
Please don't speak like I'm the worst person in the world, I'm not a bad guy. I just did what I thought was best at the time but I'm feeling a bit regretful.
So, do something about it.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
oh NOW it's YOUR child!!
Dude, your gf is NEVER going to forget this, nor is she going to let YOU forget this.

Don't know where you go from here but, btw how old are you two?
I'm 33 and my gf is 28.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
I'm 33 and my gf is 28.
So you were 28 when you ran away from your problems? Wow.

I hope your girlfriend has a good head on her shoulders here and really considers the type of "man" she is with.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Except that he had unprotected sex, so if he wanted to be clear about not having a child, he would have insisted on protection. He didn't take ANY precautions against fathering a child.

And unfortunately for men, women are the ones that carry a pregnancy, so men don't have any control over that part of it.
Yes, it was my fault I didn't use a condom but everyone makes a mistake in their lives, don't you think?

Quote:
Same here. It was such a selfish, cowardly way of dealing with the issue that I would completely lose all respect for him.
I hope my gf is more moderate and doesn't think the same way.

I've also been thinking about telling this to my parents. If I told her this secret it doesn't make much sense to keep it from my parents.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Yes, it was my fault I didn't use a condom but everyone makes a mistake in their lives, don't you think?
Having sex without a condom or birth control when you don't want a child is not a mistake...it's a choice. Unfortunately for you, your little head was doing all the thinking.

And my reply was to the poster claiming it should also be "his body, his choice" in that you didn't want this child and therefore shouldn't be responsible for it. Doesn't work that way. Your choice can only be made when you come to that crossroad...should you stick your penis in her or not. You get one opportunity to make a choice, that's it.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
So you were 28 when you ran away from your problems? Wow.

I hope your girlfriend has a good head on her shoulders here and really considers the type of "man" she is with.
I thought I was far too young to be having any children at the time. I certainly never intended to have one before I was 30.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I thought I was far too young to be having any children at the time. I certainly never intended to have one before I was 30.
So is that your justification for running away from your responsibilities? It doesn't seem like you have grown or learned much over the last 5 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships