Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 02:18 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,151,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
My aunt has been going back to her husband for 30 years of marriage and running, after countless indiscretions, breakups, underway divorce proceedings, etc. I think she's a fool with self esteem issues.

I don't know anybody else who has gone back to partners after a breakup. I certainly wouldn't.
Hey, that's cool. You have a right to your opinion as do all of us. But, is your aunt really the only one that you have ever known to have gone back to your ex? I'm just curious to your answer. I personally have seen it all the time. There's actually not a friend I know who has NEVER gone back to an ex. Sometimes the break ups aren't that long. Not every break up is over infidelity and or really bad sh t. Just saying. Anyway, the OP doesn't want to come back and answer any of these questions, so I really don't think that there is much more to say. Some wouldn't go back to an ex, some would. Some have had success, some haven't. There's no one answer fits all. That's all I'm trying to say.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 05-18-2014 at 03:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 02:21 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Yes, really.

Old 05-18-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yes, really.
Yes, meaning that you have only known your aunt of all the people you have ever known to go back to an ex? Is this what you are telling me? I don't believe it one bit. In highschool you've never seen friends break up and get back together? You must live a pretty sheltered life. Just saying. I woudn't think that it would be possible for people to not witness this throughout their life.

I feel like C-D isn't too indicative of real life sometimes. Either that, or people are just bull sh ting and always giving the politically correct best sounding answer. As if we are all emotionless and that we make all of our decisions on rationale alone and never emotions. Which if were the case would make us robots, not human.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 05-18-2014 at 02:38 PM..

Old 05-18-2014, 02:33 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Hey, that's cool. You have a right to your opinion as do we all. But, is your aunt really the only one that you have ever known to have gone back to your ex? I'm just curious to your answer. I personally have seen it all the time. There's actually not a friend I know who has NEVER gone back to an ex. Sometimes the break ups aren't that long. Not every break up is over infidelity and or really bad sh t. Just saying. Anyway, the OP doesn't want to come back and answer any of these questions, so I really don't think that there is much more to say. Some wouldn't go back to an ex, some would. Some have had success, some haven't. There's no one answer fits all. That's all I'm trying to say.
I have never had an ex come back to me. Not even the ones who dumped me.

Old 05-18-2014, 02:43 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
The quote isn't even pithy or particularly clever. It just states that the person has no regrets about past relationships that have ended. Isn't that the way it should be?

Why would anyone break up with someone if they really wanted to stay with that person?

Old 05-18-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I have never had an ex come back to me. Not even the ones who dumped me.

But have you ever seen any of your friends or relatives break up and get back together? Because many are acting like that never happens. I see it all the time.

Old 05-18-2014, 02:44 PM

176 posts, read 978,579 times
Guys it was just a random quote that I've saw on one of my follower's timeline on Instagram and I just thought it was an interesting quote and just asked a simple question.

I do have exes that I'm "friends" with on Instagram and FB who I'm cordial with and nothing more. If one of those exes posted that quote I would have mixed feelings (depending on the ex and situation).

I just wanted to see how others would feel about it or how would they take it. I don't think everyone is being truthful with their responses. It seems like everyone here don't talk to their exes, don't have any feelings for them and are not friends with them on social networks. I mean we are human so it's natural to have feelings. But whatever I guess. Thanks for all the replies.

Thank you supermanpansy for your honest reply.

Old 05-18-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
The quote isn't even pithy or particularly clever. It just states that the person has no regrets about past relationships that have ended. Isn't that the way it should be?

Why would anyone break up with someone if they really wanted to stay with that person?
I agree. If someone breaks up with someone, then they should be done. "Should" being the key word. But so many are acting like they have never witnessed this. My god, in highschool alone, I must have seen a hundred friends break up and get back together. We all can't just turn our emotions off just like that all the time.

And I'd be willing to bet that there is no one over the age of twenty who hasn't seen this dynamic played out time and time again.

Old 05-18-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Dreamer View Post
Guys it was just a random quote that I've saw on one of my follower's timeline on Instagram and I just thought it was an interesting quote and just asked a simple question.

I do have exes that I'm "friends" with on Instagram and FB who I'm cordial with and nothing more. If one of those exes posted that quote I would have mixed feelings (depending on the ex and situation).

I just wanted to see how others would feel about it or how would they take it. I don't think everyone is being truthful with their responses. It seems like everyone here don't talk to their exes, don't have any feelings for them and are not friends with them on social networks. I mean we are human so it's natural to have feelings. But whatever I guess. Thanks for all the replies.

Thank you supermanpansy for your honest reply.
You welcome!

Old 05-18-2014, 02:57 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
But have you ever seen any of your friends or relatives break up and get back together? Because many are acting like that never happens. I see it all the time.
Yes, I have seen it quite a bit, and I always wonder why that never happens to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships