Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 06:15 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,863,025 times

Advertisements

You can't blame the woman's bad teeth on her. It may well be that she just inherited bad teeth. Some people do. Weight on the other hand, is something most people can have quite a bit of control over.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:26 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,469,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPLove View Post
Go ahead and be honest. Is it? At my job, I have a crush on this guy. I have a body shape that is definitely "more to love." The guy is kind, helpful, and friendly to me, but makes it fairly clear that he is uninterested romantically. He clearly is attracted to this other woman, however, who has a great body but... has bad teeth. The two front teeth are yellowed and slightly rotted-looking. And he is clearly attracted to her. And he is not an unkept person himself. He dresses decently and has goo hygiene. I am not saying he has to be attracted to me or anything but seriously...her over me? Even with a better by Thewoman does not take care of her MOUTH. He is interested in kissing that...? It - at least to me - also reflects how she might care for a future child`s hygiene (not wel)...etc. Maybe I am guilty of a different kind of prejudice, I don`t know.
I would say yes. Men are more likely to reject women for being overweight than for any other single reason.

But the real issue isn't that most men don't want to date overweight women. The real issue is a lot of men won't even treat overweight with common courtesy. Some even go out of their way to ridicule and humiliate them. Your friend doesn't sound like he is doing that. He sounds like he just isn't interested in you. That's a shame, but it doesn't make him a bad person.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:27 AM

818 posts, read 914,190 times
No fat is not the worst thing. Crazy/Stupid is the worst . You can't fix Crazy or Stupid ......

Old 05-21-2014, 06:29 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,977,208 times
No it's not. You're just not his type. There was a girl who was blatently into me who was a workout warrior, cut body and everything. But I didn't mess with her because I am into someone else who was more compatable and whose physical and mental attributes I like better.

Extremes are good for some, but most guys imo like something balanced...

Old 05-21-2014, 07:03 AM

51 posts, read 51,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
No, I love thick girls too!

They make good mommies and know how to cook.

They also won't complain what and how much I am eating.

"Fat" is very subjective and personal. If women listened to everything they read, they would lose all hope and cry their eyes out every night before falling asleep.

I have yet to date a woman with a six-pack.............doubt I ever will.

I don't want one myself either....
There is a difference between thick and fat.

Fat is repulsive. Thick can be sexy.

Losers date fat chicks. This is not societal conditioning, it is how it is.

The simplest explanation for something is usually the correct one. This is referred to as Occam's razor. Any theory as to why most men are not chubby chasers, other than fat is naturally repulsive, defies Occam's razor.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:11 AM

255 posts, read 406,215 times
It could put you at a disadvantage for dating, but I don't think it's the worst thing that can happen to a woman. That seems a bit extreme, don't you think? If he isn't interested move on to someone else. You seem judgmental over what you think of lack of hygiene but you don't care about your health too much.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:30 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,641,487 times
No, being fat is not the worst thing a woman can be. I think there are a lot of things worse than being fat and none of them have to do with a woman's appearance.

On the other hand, guys are very visual and many men are turned off by fat and what they consider the "fat mentality". When I asked men to explain this "fat mentality" they said it includes not being healthy, not eating right, not caring for yourself, not taking pride in your appearance, and being less active, which they say makes a woman less desirable for a long term relationship.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:31 AM

257 posts, read 711,512 times
Fat isn't even close to the worst thing, like most are saying. Not saying it isn't a deal-breaker for a good portion of men, because it definitely is, but bad personality traits are worse and more absolute deal-breakers.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:32 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,685,303 times
No, it ranks just below being intelligent.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:33 AM

8,919 posts, read 7,681,936 times
Nope, people like what they like.

Nothing you, I, or anyone else can do about it. I think you're just letting your own hurt feelings cloud your better judgement on this situation. You will move on and eventually find a guy who likes you.

Don't sweat it so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships