Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 12:03 AM

332 posts, read 435,917 times

Advertisements

Guys #1 is the Beta.

Guys #2 is the Alpha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 12:13 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I wouldn't meet either of them. Takes more than a few lines of chit-chat for that.
I don't really talk to people extensively before meeting, but I do like to get enough information to Google them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Smarter Child
Yes, thanks! He was a fun guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
Guys #1 is the Beta.

Guys #2 is the Alpha.
I think both are probably non-alpha. lol

Old 05-22-2014, 07:09 AM

240 posts, read 240,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I live vicariously through two friends who do OLD.

Never a fan of guys who start with mentioning looks. And "want to meet?" as the opening salvo is exactly code for hookup.

I also would not be two eager about either one. The first one sounds desperate.
I don't think the bolded is true. When I dated online, I wanted to meet right away. I mean, a few emails/chats is fine, but I've experienced a lot of women online who just want to chat and email back and forth.

I wasn't dating online to stare at a screen and chat, I was doing it to meet women. If they didn't want to meet, I figured they weren't interested enough or were just doing OLD for an ego boost.

Why do women think everything is "code for a hookup"?

Old 05-22-2014, 07:17 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,802,378 times
I'd give both guys a chance actually. I really have a hard time telling what a person is like though "chat" and "messages." I just like to meet them and then let the chips fall where they will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceShamWow View Post
I don't think the bolded is true. When I dated online, I wanted to meet right away. I mean, a few emails/chats is fine, but I've experienced a lot of women online who just want to chat and email back and forth.

I wasn't dating online to stare at a screen and chat, I was doing it to meet women. If they didn't want to meet, I figured they weren't interested enough or were just doing OLD for an ego boost.

Why do women think everything is "code for a hookup"?
I am with you on this one. I don't online date anymore, but when I did, I just wanted to meet the men, in person. I saw OLD as a way to find someone else single and arrange a meeting. The guys who wanted to spend weeks on end "chatting" in text or even making phone calls drove me nuts. After a few weeks of that, I just get the feeling they really don't want to meet and I lose interest. I don't know why they did it (ego boost, shy, lied about something major in their profile... I have no idea). My sentiment on it was "I am not looking for a penpal."

Old 05-22-2014, 07:26 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Neither guy is appealing

Old 05-22-2014, 07:31 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
No.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:46 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,238,406 times
I'd say maybe meet with both, but since you're iffy don't make it a "real" date. Just meet for coffee, a smoothie, or whatever & chat for a short time, you know just a meet & greet. Then you can decide how you want to proceed from there.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:10 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,171 times
Guy #1 Appropriately assertive. Yes he led with a compliment about prettiness, but I think that's fairly normal for a guy who is interested in a woman. I would prefer that I am asked a question about what I would like to do instead of a suggestion from him, though.

At least Guy #2 didn't say, "Want to meet (hook) up?" as Guy #2 did, and he's just coming off a little too hunter-ish, I just don't like that approach. The initial months of getting to know a guy I don't want to see or hear ANYTHING but "gentleman" from him.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:13 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,155 times
Both guys seem subpar at small talk and building up rapport, at least online.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:19 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
Guys #1 is the Beta.

Guys #2 is the Alpha.
Am I the only who finds this completely irrelevant?

Whenever I am interested in a guy this NEVER crosses my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships