Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 10:55 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by const_iterator View Post
I think women assume that a lot of shy, introverted, unconfident guys like myself are asexual or uninterested in relationships. The truth is that we're very sexual and affectionate, would really love to have a girlfriend, but our outer personality has been shaped from getting burned and getting confirmation that we're unattractive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zSHz7Thvbc

I'm sorry, but this question cracked me up.

You have to work on your personality and other things to make yourself a little more desirable to the opposite sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 11:05 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
Healthy people don't have a relationship with someone just because they want the feeling of being in a relationship. There has to be something special about the person that makes being with them more satisfying than being alone or with someone else. The whole "I don't have anything else going on so why not?" is enough to consider a date, but not a relationship.
Perfectly said!

Old 05-23-2014, 11:14 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
Quote:
I think women assume that a lot of shy, introverted, unconfident guys like myself are asexual or uninterested in relationships. The truth is that we're very sexual and affectionate, would really love to have a girlfriend, but our outer personality has been shaped from getting burned and getting confirmation that we're unattractive.
There are many women out there for you. I've seen all types of couples. A few days ago i saw once again lookswise an above average guy with a way below average woman. Kids in tow also. Probably she has a great personality. Who knows.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:33 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,234 times
Quote:
Guys like this need to accept they have very little chance with women and move on.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:41 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,114 times
They're perfectly aware. They detest that personality type and are intent on driving it out of the gene pool.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:00 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
Healthy people don't have a relationship with someone just because they want the feeling of being in a relationship. There has to be something special about the person that makes being with them more satisfying than being alone or with someone else. The whole "I don't have anything else going on so why not?" is enough to consider a date, but not a relationship.
Quoted because it bears repeating.

And not for nothing, but healthy people would rather a partner be in love with them, than in love with love. When people are in love with love, it doesn't matter who their partner is, just as long as they have one. That means their partners are easily replaced. Who wants to feel like they are easily replaced?

OP, your attitude toward relationships would make a woman feel easily replaced.

Old 05-23-2014, 03:23 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
If my friends gave me crap on this subject, they wouldn't be my friends anymore. I don't tolerate bull**** from anybody. Life is too short to deal with jackasses.
I concur. I had to drop one friend for trying to throw crap at me. If you want to be my friend, don't act like you want to fight me. I will hurt something.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:02 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
I guess another way to look at it is your friend just wants you to experience the happiness they are having

Old 05-23-2014, 07:13 PM

774 posts, read 906,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
In reality, it's the opposite. The LESS you want to be in a relationship or with a particular person, the more they come around, I'm serious too. I guess it's because when you have this mindset you don't come off as needy or desperate at all whatsoever. Also, some women like the thrill of the chase, or going after something that's practically unattainable.
When you first meet a girl (from a singles site) say to her "Hi There. It doesn't matter to me whether or not I find a one and only and I'm only meeting women from singles sites for the experience of meeting women from singles sites. Now that I told you this, what kind of coffee may I get you?"

Old 05-23-2014, 07:23 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,497,966 times
Quote:
That's all fine and dandy, but women are usually too into needing men to notice. That's fine, because that's just how it is.

Being ugly...you can fix that with money. Being dumb enough to get into relationships with trash? You can wise up and fix that...eventually.

The Only Piece of Advice You Will Ever Need to Pick Up and Attract Women and Keep Them Vying For Your Love, Attention and Affection

What does an alpha Lion do? He sits around while the women go out and hunt for him. When they bring the food back what does the alpha Lion do? He eats first. Pretty selfish, huh?

The Lion doesn’t tolerate others eating before him. The best food is his. The alpha Lion doesn’t let other, lesser males mate with his pride. The Lion doesn’t act in a fair and noble manner. The Alpha Lion doesn’t raise other Lion’s children. He’s selfish. And because he is selfish, the Lionesses do everything to make him happy.

Now, I know a lot of guys will say “man, that’s a real douchebag thing to say!” to which I only have one reply: I hope you enjoy jacking off.

Political incorrectness does not make something false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships