Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 08:17 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceShamWow View Post
Why would she put her "friend's" number under a fake name in her phone?

DUMP

Because she has a BF with control issues prone to snoop, which is gross.

You're right, she should dump his azz fast. The guy is a creep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 08:17 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,339,729 times
I have to agree with the guys on this one.

Putting a fictitious name to hide a so-called "bro" (aka- past fbuddy, Lol) on her phone is just too shady.

biatch be gone!

Old 05-22-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I have to agree with the guys on this one.

Putting a fictitious name to hide a so-called "bro" (aka- past fbuddy, Lol) on her phone is just too shady.

biatch be gone!

They both sound screwed up. The guy has control issues (and is crazy insecure) and the girl doesn't have a spine to tell her BF to kiss off. Both losers, really.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:21 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Reasons for for her lying or possible control issues aside... you are the one asking for advice and it all boils down to this is a big issue for you and it hurts you. You've worried about it for months and you aren't comfortable with it at all. You basically have two choices: Talk to her and tell her everything and see where it goes or break up with her. To be honest, I don't think she's going to cut out her friend if he's been around that long and is also good friends with her family... so breaking up with her might be your best option.

Last edited by jillabean; 05-22-2014 at 08:45 AM..

Old 05-22-2014, 08:28 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Absolutely HILARIOUS how most if not all the women are bringing up the idea of this guy having

....CONTROL ISSUES.

So what if he does.
It's a bad sign when any BF/GF has control issues. Any person I'm dating with those issues is out the door pronto, such as a guy who goes through my phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Men are very jealous creatures JUST LIKE you ladies are.
Incorrect. Not all people are. I'm not. I'm a married woman. I don't care if my husband sleeps with other women. He doesn't care if I sleep with other women either. We don't have jealousy because we know it doesn't accomplish anything. As a matter of fact, jealousy often has the exact opposite effect of its intended purpose. It often drives one's loved one away from the person. Either my husband loves me enough to stay with me, or he doesn't, and he will leave me no matter what. I am NOT the owner of my husband, nor the owner of his body parts. This fact goes double if you're not married to the person.

Last edited by Scooby Snacks; 05-22-2014 at 08:41 AM..

Old 05-22-2014, 08:36 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
They both sound screwed up. The guy has control issues (and is crazy insecure) and the girl doesn't have a spine to tell her BF to kiss off. Both losers, really.
He never once mentioned for her to not spend time with her friend, so I don't see the controlling part of his post.

And where is the snooping when both of them was together looking at each others phone pictures? I don't call that snooping.

This guy might have jealousy issues at best, but who really doesn't when they love someone?

Old 05-22-2014, 08:37 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Frankly, if I were your GF, I might lie to you, too.

You come across as insanely insecure and controlling. What business is it of yours who your GF's friends are? Clearly, this guy is not just her friend, but a family friend. And it sounds like he has been for a long time. What is your expectation, exactly? Do you feel you should have a right to decide for your GF who she may or may not be friends with? If you don't change your attitude, she is going to dump you, and she's probably going to do it soon.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:43 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Frankly, if I were your GF, I might lie to you, too.

You come across as insanely insecure and controlling. What business is it of yours who your GF's friends are? Clearly, this guy is not just her friend, but a family friend. And it sounds like he has been for a long time. What is your expectation, exactly? Do you feel you should have a right to decide for your GF who she may or may not be friends with? If you don't change your attitude, she is going to dump you, and she's probably going to do it soon.
^^^^This, and especially to the bolded.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:45 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew1229 View Post
So this guy, happens to play marvel vs capcom 3, so he gives me his phone number so we could play sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You have control issues.
This should fix them:

Old 05-22-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
He never once mentioned for her to not spend time with her friend, so I don't see the controlling part of his post.

And where is the snooping when both of them was together looking at each others phone pictures? I don't call that snooping.

This guy might have jealousy issues at best, but who really doesn't when they love someone?

Um, he gets mad when she talks to his friend and he went on her phone and looked at her phone log (he was given access to look at photos). You don't accidentally go from looking at pictures on someones phone to oops... I accidentally opened the phone log! Please. That is both jealousy and controlling.

And lots of people aren't jealous when they're in love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships