Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 07:48 AM

10,205 posts, read 17,822,365 times

Advertisements

It's not a coincidence that dozens of people here were saying it's a huge red flag that he said "I love you" after one week and then he just happens to turn into crazy stalker dude. I'm not saying everyone who says I love you that early turns into crazy stalker dude - but those are exceptions to the rule, not the norm, in my experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 09:07 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,376,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
It's not a coincidence that dozens of people here were saying it's a huge red flag that he said "I love you" after one week and then he just happens to turn into crazy stalker dude. I'm not saying everyone who says I love you that early turns into crazy stalker dude - but those are exceptions to the rule, not the norm, in my experience.
100% of the women who have said "I love you" to me too quickly... turned out to be quite the catch and I had six happy years with them, married them, had a kid with them, and we stayed together.

Experience varies. Like, some people say it too quick (especially men saying it to women) because they think the other person wants to hear it *shrugs*

I would say this was definitely "red flag" enough for the OP to hold off on having sex with him until she knew him better, but she had already done that. Who knows? The sex might've been part of the catalyst. Do you keep dating a man who says "I love you" too quick? Maybe, maybe not. But you don't give this type of man sex and think for one minute he won't get more attached than J.B. Weld. I know this is isn't the subject, but I gotta say, this is why you wait!

Old 05-27-2014, 11:14 AM

10,205 posts, read 17,822,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
100% of the women who have said "I love you" to me too quickly... turned out to be quite the catch and I had six happy years with them, married them, had a kid with them, and we stayed together.

Experience varies. Like, some people say it too quick (especially men saying it to women) because they think the other person wants to hear it *shrugs*
Like I said, exception, not the norm.

Quote:
I would say this was definitely "red flag" enough for the OP to hold off on having sex with him until she knew him better, but she had already done that. Who knows? The sex might've been part of the catalyst. Do you keep dating a man who says "I love you" too quick? Maybe, maybe not. But you don't give this type of man sex and think for one minute he won't get more attached than J.B. Weld. I know this is isn't the subject, but I gotta say, this is why you wait!
You're right, it's not the subject, and I'm tired of people using it to preach about sex and suggest it's the OP's fault that this guy is insane just because she slept with him sooner than what you think is acceptable. She only mentioned that they slept together so people would understand that they had grown close... but that doesn't have to equal "love".

I gotta say that if sleeping with him is what caused him to form his unhealthy attachment to her so quickly, then maybe it's a GOOD thing she slept with him and saw this side of him come up so early on. He's clearly unstable and this would have happened eventually - better to happen now than later. The less emotionally invested she is, the easier it is to recognize crazy and cut things off. So, in my opinion, this is why waiting is not such a bad thing.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:12 PM

863 posts, read 1,127,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1234 View Post
Yeah, this wasn't intended to be a 'why did I sleep with him so fast' discussion. But whatever.

For anyone who is interested, his crazy came out full force last night. A very good friend had a BBQ and I brought him along. BBQ ended around 9, but I was planning on staying and hanging with my friend (as in alone, girls night). He was being clingy and wanted to stay too, but I basically told him we needed girl time and got him to go home. As he was saying goodbye he made a comment to me along the lines of he 'would be mad if he found out i got him to leave so that i could go out without him.' Creeped me out. Friend lives a few blocks from a bar that we like to go to- he knew this, because he and I had dinner at a restaurant across the street last week and I pointed it out to him that I liked the place. Anyway, after he left, she and I sat and drank some beer/talked/etc for about an hour and a half, and then decided we wanted to go out for a little bit. Walked to the bar a few blocks away, and of course what do I see? His car parked directly across the street with him sitting in it watching the bar. I immediately went up and knocked on the window of his car, confronted him, ended things. He told me THREE separate stories about what he was doing there. Three. Each time I called him out on lying it changed. And now 20-ish hours later am still getting GIANT paragraph text messages trying to 'explain' himself. Noooo thanks.

I'm glad that I'm street smart enough to be aware of my surroundings. Don't want to think about what he was planning to do if I hadn't seen him and he had seen us go into the bar.

Since he knows where you live, it's BEST to involve the police now before you find him in your apartment. Sorry you're going through this.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:21 PM

734 posts, read 1,079,637 times
Wow. That must have been some great sex!!

Seriously, this is why I never let a man know where I live in the beginning. You have to make sure he's not gonna be crazy before you invite him over. Hopefully he won't try anything. Just be careful and pay attention to your surroundings!!!!

Old 05-27-2014, 12:48 PM

510 posts, read 1,441,389 times
Hahah, thanks guys. I haven't responded to him since last night when I told him to stop contacting me- he sent a few more texts last night, but then nothing so far today. I have all of the texts and everything saved- oh and a song that he wrote for me and sent me yesterday. I forgot to mention that one . If there is ANY contact whatsoever beyond this point I'm prepared to go to the police. And maybe even to the dean of his law school too. Let them know what he's been up to. But I'm giving him the chance to back off before all of that now that he's (presumably) sober lol.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:03 PM

863 posts, read 1,127,337 times
Quote:
Hahah, thanks guys. I haven't responded to him since last night when I told him to stop contacting me- he sent a few more texts last night, but then nothing so far today. I have all of the texts and everything saved- oh and a song that he wrote for me and sent me yesterday. I forgot to mention that one . If there is ANY contact whatsoever beyond this point I'm prepared to go to the police. And maybe even to the dean of his law school too. Let them know what he's been up to. But I'm giving him the chance to back off before all of that now that he's (presumably) sober lol.
Oh the irony

Old 05-27-2014, 01:13 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,376,353 times
Quote:
Like I said, exception, not the norm.
That's an opinion, not a fact.

Quote:
You're right, it's not the subject, and I'm tired of people using it to preach about sex and suggest it's the OP's fault that this guy is insane just because she slept with him sooner than what you think is acceptable.
I didn't even mention whether it was/should be considered "acceptable". I suggested it wasn't smart, and told you why.

Quote:
I gotta say that if sleeping with him is what caused him to form his unhealthy attachment to her so quickly, then maybe it's a GOOD thing she slept with him and saw this side of him come up so early on. He's clearly unstable and this would have happened eventually - better to happen now than later. The less emotionally invested she is, the easier it is to recognize crazy and cut things off. So, in my opinion, this is why waiting is not such a bad thing.
And if she ended up pregnant by him? Fate has been crueler...

Even I said this was a "Proceed with Caution" sign at very least, which means you don't go getting emotionally attached until you find out more. So either way, she would've been just fine. My point was simply that the way she ended up finding out might not have been so huge. This is just something to think on, however; I'm not claiming the sex made any difference whatsoever (apart from the slight chance of an unwanted pregnancy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
Seriously, this is why I never let a man know where I live in the beginning. You have to make sure he's not gonna be crazy before you invite him over. Hopefully he won't try anything. Just be careful and pay attention to your surroundings!!!!
That's another good point, notwithstanding a debate over its relevancy.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:32 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,946,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I would definitely contact the police and file a report before it escalates any further.
WITHOUT telling him or texting him. Let the pd contact him.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:20 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,446,624 times
Quote:
... How would you guys handle this?
Get married, have kids, get divorced, sue for alimony, sue for child support, retire, live on a healthy pension, die, then go to heaven.

[all before the end of the month!]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships