Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 10:09 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Loves, maybe you haven't been paying attention but there have been plenty of women on this forum (westerners even, gasp!) and even in this thread, who have posted about being proposed to fairly quickly.
Oh, I agree, sometimes it can happen very quickly!

But our OP is saying she was under the impression ALL men know within weeks that they want to marry the one they end up marrying. This is just not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 10:12 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,606,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Oh, I agree, sometimes it can happen very quickly!

But our OP is saying she was under the impression ALL men know within weeks that they want to marry the one they end up marrying. This is just not true.
I believe it's true too. Most just don't say it until later because they know it's too soon to say to her. The ones who don't know, will never marry her.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:14 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Quote:
It may be "common" in your circle but it's not "common" out in the real world most westerners live in. Are you Asian or Indian perhaps?
I'm pretty sure the OP had a point, beyond what she was posting about. It comes in dribs and drabs, more "shocking" statements to keep everything going.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-24-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I believe it's true too. Most just don't say it until later because they know it's too soon to say to her. The ones who don't know, will never marry her.
What's interesting here is that our OP believes this, yet she still has no ring on her finger.

Why would she have dated this guy for 2.5 years and moved in with him when he has not done anything to advance the idea of marriage? After all, according to her logic he should have known over 2 years ago whether or not he wanted to marry her.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:20 PM

Quote:
What's interesting here is that our OP believes this, yet she still has no ring on her finger.

Why would she have dated this guy for 2.5 years and moved in with him when he has not done anything to advance the idea of marriage? After all, according to her logic he should have known over 2 years ago whether or not he wanted to marry her.
I don't know. I already said to her that he's not going to marry her if he hasn't yet. I've seen women be stuck in this delusion for 10+ years.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:24 PM

101 posts, read 107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Holy crap. Girl. Move the hell out and grow up.

WTF is wrong with people these days.

You sound mad!

Old 05-24-2014, 10:26 PM

527 posts, read 598,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyhome85 View Post
His reason for postponing is that he wants the relationship to "stabilize", saying "A couple that's ready for marriage isn't one that will break up at the flip of a coin."
I have to say I agree with him. I wouldn't be planning to marry someone who couldn't even decide if they were staying with me or not.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisis View Post
You sound mad!
She always does. lol

Old 05-24-2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisis View Post
You sound mad!
She's not "mad"

Chessie is a fantastic lady with a wealth of life experience and wisdom who is expressing her frustration at the foolish choices some people make. It happens

Old 05-24-2014, 10:54 PM

52,007 posts, read 52,457,444 times
Quote:
She's not "mad"

Chessie is a fantastic lady with a wealth of life experience and wisdom who is expressing her frustration at the foolish choices some people make. It happens
CD "itus" ..

I'ts a condition cause by too much bull****.....

Seen here frequently on the forums of CD....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships