Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 04:22 AM

262 posts, read 546,948 times

Advertisements

If you haven't heard the news, Elliot Rodger was a 22 year old, sexually frusturated, totally rich, virgin. He developed a hatred for women (specifically blonde white women) and ended up killing 7 people yesterday.

Anyways, in his youtube videos he talked about the CONSTANT rejection he faced.

So let's say, before any of this happened, would YOU give a guy like Elliot Rodger a chance? To me he just seemed like a guy that really didn't try AT ALL, he felt entitled to a certain type of woman. I mean, if getting laid was that important to him, it would of happened to him already.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:50 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,232,614 times
Obviously he was mentally I'll, but I did meet a man once (worked with him) who had similar ideas.

His pervasive belief in treating women like objects to please him was just a horrible thing to witness. He was the same age too.

It really freaked me out and caused me to avoid him. They doom themselves. They think we are robots and exactly who would want to be with someone like that?

I get it that things are hard, my husband told me so many stories of women using him for fancy dinners. Likewise, we ladies get our hearts broken when we think its love but it was only a conquest.

They have no mutual empathy and they let that fester in their minds

Old 05-25-2014, 08:35 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
If you haven't heard the news, Elliot Rodger was a 22 year old, sexually frusturated, totally rich, virgin. He developed a hatred for women (specifically blonde white women) and ended up killing 7 people yesterday.

Anyways, in his youtube videos he talked about the CONSTANT rejection he faced.

So let's say, before any of this happened, would YOU give a guy like Elliot Rodger a chance? To me he just seemed like a guy that really didn't try AT ALL, he felt entitled to a certain type of woman. I mean, if getting laid was that important to him, it would of happened to him already.
Based on looks alone, sure. He was cute. If he had a really off putting personality, then maybe not.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:39 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,274,317 times
His videos posted online paint the glaringly clear picture of a malignant narcissist and psychopath. So no, I would not have dated him.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:42 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Based on looks alone, sure. He was cute. If he had a really off putting personality, then maybe not.
He wasn't bad-looking at all, but I can't imagine that his malignant narcissism didn't come pouring out as soon as he opened his mouth.

Generally, I need to be with a guy who likes women. Not in a codependent needy sort of way, but who doesn't think of a woman as something he has to put up with in order to get laid. Luckily, though they abound online, I've never met one in the wild.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:47 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,274,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
He wasn't bad-looking at all, but I can't imagine that his malignant narcissism didn't come pouring out as soon as he opened his mouth.
That's why most of us don't date someone as soon as he opens his mouth. For my part I would get to know them first and check them out as much as I can, because of guys like Elliot Roger.

Last edited by amylewis; 05-25-2014 at 09:01 AM..

Old 05-25-2014, 09:02 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
I watched one of his youtube vidoes and he does seem asperger's (not to mention whiny and entitled). When I was 22 that would have scared the crap out of me, so no. But, then again, I was also not blonde, so he probably wouldn't have wanted me either.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:06 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I watched one of his youtube vidoes and he does seem asperger's (not to mention whiny and entitled). When I was 22 that would have scared the crap out of me, so no. But, then again, I was also not blonde, so he probably wouldn't have wanted me either.
Yeah. If you're young, decent-looking, son of a director on a major motion picture franchise, and rich...and still cannot get laid? You're putting people off. Hard.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:10 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Exactly- he probably never paid any attention to the girls who were actually interested in him.

Either way, it's a sad story. He was too young to just give up and throw everything away, and then he had to take other innocent people out in the process.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:13 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Yeah. If you're young, decent-looking, son of a director on a major motion picture franchise, and rich...and still cannot get laid? You're putting people off. Hard.
I also think he never tried. He probably never even talked to a girl first, let alone ask one out. You have to get comfortable talking to girls.

Last edited by srjth; 05-25-2014 at 09:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships