Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 05:37 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,240,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Oh...uh....yeah. That was totally on purpose.
LOL, sorry, I already quoted your first response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 05:42 PM

OP, I can't see her behavior/stress changing anytime soon. I guess you have to decide if you want to deal with this 24/7 or else separate. I used to be very insecure, too, so I'm speaking from experience. Sorry.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:42 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
While this whole segment is a hysterical look at relationships, the part which best fits here starts around 6:13 (Men feel a lot of pressure when they look down the street...)

SiNbAd: Brain Damaged (Part 5) - YouTube

Old 05-25-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
While this whole segment is a hysterical look at relationships, the part which best fits here starts around 6:13 (Men feel a lot of pressure when they look down the street...)

SiNbAd: Brain Damaged (Part 5) - YouTube
LOL. That's why I say it's just easier to acknowledge there's a good-looking person in the vicinity, male or female.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:03 PM

323 posts, read 308,371 times
Walk away. It's the only answer.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:14 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
LOL, sorry, I already quoted your first response.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:41 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilman34 View Post
Shes the most beautiful girl ever, i dont get why shed be insecure... i always tell her more than once a day and that shes perfect, but she doesnt believe me lol...
Please stop telling her once a day, or more, that she's perfect. No one is perfect, and it becomes meaningless when said all the time. All that flattery is working against you.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Please stop telling her once a day, or more, that she's perfect. No one is perfect, and it becomes meaningless when said all the time. All that flattery is working against you.
Yeah, that's probably a big part of the problem right there. She's aspiring to be perfect when she can't be, it's impossible. ("If only I were perfect, then he wouldn't be looking at other girls.")

Old 05-25-2014, 11:58 PM

17 posts, read 17,887 times
Well i got her to give me.her side of the story, so here it is... we dont really agree with each others sides LOL

So I don’t really know where to start. Lately my boyfriend and I have been fighting so much and the fights are generally started by me. But heres why. So first of all were in a long distance relationship, where trust is really all you guys have. We got in a huge argument one day and checking out other people was brought up into the argument. He ends up telling me that he’s been checking out girls alone and when he’s with friends, and making commentary with his friends about girls. (Which is honestly so disrespectful since I didn’t even meet his friends at that point in time) He would say girls are sexy, he’d **** them, things like that. I got extremely mad and questioned being able to trust him because of it, would he take action like he told his friends he would? I never did that to him because I feel like id make him look stupid to my friends for dating me, like I wasn’t serious about him. So why would he do it to me? Anyways, recently we saw each other in person for the second time, I went to visit him. No lie, he checks out girls like crazy. It was automatic for me to check and see where he was looking since he told me he checked out girls, and I watched him stare at girls while we were together. I understand if this is a guy ive been with in person for a year and a half, but were long distance.. are we not supposed to literally cherish every second we have together? Instead he stared at other girls. Not for 2 seconds.. for like 5 or 10.. he would do double and triple looks. Then he would say he didn’t do it or he wasn’t thinking anything.. but knowing what I know how could I believe that? And if hes not thinking anything and it hurts me to see him do that, it shouldn’t be hard to stop if he cared for me like he says he does.. I never would ask him to stop looking around. ITS WHAT HUMANS DO. But when your staring at other girls, especially if that girl sees, I automatically look dumb for being with him and it’s so disrespectful towards me. He seems uninterested in me and I’m starting to feel low about myself. I’m not over exaggerating; I tried finding reasons why he was doing it so I wouldn’t start a fight. I’d try catching him look at someone else the same way or just giving myself stupid reasons to let it go, and most of the time I let it slide. Blindly looking around, and staring are very different. Maybe I am the problem and maybe I shouldn’t be in a relationship in general. He wanted me to post my side, so here it is …

Old 05-26-2014, 02:06 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Ok, if indeed you are staring for that long? it isn't cool; makes you look like chump around your girlfriend.

I predict, your relationship with your girlfriend is going to be short lived. I suggest, you enjoy and share the time you have with her now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships