Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 04:42 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Timing is everything, I guess.
So true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 09:09 PM

58 posts, read 88,367 times
Quote:
...I just can't deal with a relationship right now.
I'm curious as to what that means exactly.

You've been in a relationship with him. Not a societal norm one and one with a more heavy focus on sex than others, but a relationship nonetheless.

Who says you guys have to go out on crazy long elaborate dates that cut into his work day? Who says you have to do whatever it is that makes you unable to deal with a relationship right now? Why does the realization that you care for each other mean that something has to change? So what if you might say "i love you" on occasion now? So what if you call yourselves bf and gf? Your actions don't have to change.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:18 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,091 times
Quote:
I've been a big proponent of the FWB arrangement. It has usually worked for me in the past, and now after getting out of a serious relationship it seems like the perfect arrangement for me.

Meanwhile, a lot of you have stated that one always begins to develop deeper feelings, to which I have said "it doesn't have to be that way."

Well now you can all say I told you so, because this weekend I realized that I have developed feelings for my FWB; yes, the long hugger I discussed in a previous post.

I am such an idiot.
It happens to most people who posses basic human characteristics. It's normal and anyone who can just blatantly walk away from someone you have regular intimate relations with, is sub-human to some degree in my opinion.

But think of it this way, even if you kept a monkey around long enough, you will become attached to it. LOL.

I don't think you're an idiot, you're just human.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:29 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Instead of going back and forth on whether FWB can ever work out, maybe we should decide whether it's entirely possible to separate emotion from sex. And the people who claim they can, are they perhaps just suppressing something?
Why do you assume that they are suppressing something?

Old 05-30-2014, 08:34 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toysoldier1982 View Post
I'm curious as to what that means exactly.

You've been in a relationship with him. Not a societal norm one and one with a more heavy focus on sex than others, but a relationship nonetheless.

Who says you guys have to go out on crazy long elaborate dates that cut into his work day? Who says you have to do whatever it is that makes you unable to deal with a relationship right now? Why does the realization that you care for each other mean that something has to change? So what if you might say "i love you" on occasion now? So what if you call yourselves bf and gf? Your actions don't have to change.
You make valid points, and if I were watching our actions on some rom com, I'd be the first one to throw popcorn at the screen and yell "Oh for Chrissake, just be together!" But it isn't that simpe. I'm still dealing with the fallout from a LTR that just ended. I don't feel like it is fair to pull him further into that mess until my head is on straight.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:17 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
He's not into me like that. I haven't talked to him about it, but I know when a guy isn't into me, and he isn't.

Maybe he's just not showing it because he may think that YOU aren't into HIM? Talk to him--you won't know how he feels unless you do

And you're not an idiot. You're human. Sometimes our emotions get the best of us

Old 05-30-2014, 11:59 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Maybe he's just not showing it because he may think that YOU aren't into HIM? Talk to him--you won't know how he feels unless you do

And you're not an idiot. You're human. Sometimes our emotions get the best of us
Scroll up. You'll find out more.

I still don't know what to do because I am an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships