Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2014, 06:15 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepwater88 View Post
Aka "Housewives." What do you think of these type of women? I personally find it selfish and unbalanced and would NEVER stand for it in a relationship. By this I AM NOT referring to stay at home moms-women who have chosen to opt out to raise kids- which I think is rather commendable if feasible and both spouses have reached an accord. I'm referring to women who either have no kids OR more commonly empty nesters usually in their 40's or 50's who are still healthy and employable but choose not to re enter the work-force even part time and instead pursue a leisurely lifestyle such as shopping and spa trips, yoga/zumba, luncheons with friends, etc ON THEIR hard working husband's dime. Anyone else find this behavior despicable at worst, LAZY and manipulative at best. Marriage is supposed to be a partnership.

Why should a man have to slave away 40+ (often 50-60 hours a week) and deal with co-workers, office politics, or hard physical work depending on his profession while his wife gets to call her own shots all day and do as she pleases (even if the activities she's doing don't involve a lot of money such as going for walks,hikes, library,etc). It still seems incongruent in a marriage unless as said earlier, she has young kids she's rearing which is a totally different entity in and of itself.

Thoughts?

Oh my... So thankful I married a real man of 32 years, not a child~ Really ladies hold out for a man who understand what being a wife, mother really means in all the sense! ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 06:24 PM

774 posts, read 906,572 times
Dear God, Dear Jesus, Dear Holy Spirit,

I ask to you please give me a plain looking, obese, older woman who works as my wife anytime over the young, slim, blonde, beautiful stay at home woman who wants to use me for my hard earned money or my savings. As whoever reads the above is my witness.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:42 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,060 times
My wife never worked and I liked it, didn't feel taken advantage of at all. She took care of everything and I didn't have to hassle with anything. She made our homes beautiful and our children were never in daycare. She worked hard to make every detail wonderful and I loved having her available to me at all times when I was home so we could be together. We were free to go where we wanted when we wanted without the concern of making two jobs jive. There are lots of advantages to having someone home and not working if the income is there to do it. Not saying its right for everyone but I think some of you young gents might be surprised.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:44 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
My wife never worked and I liked it, didn't feel taken advantage of at all. She took care of everything and I didn't have to hassle with anything. She made our homes beautiful and our children were never in daycare. She worked hard to make every detail wonderful and I loved having her available to me at all times when I was home so we could be together. We were free to go where we wanted when we wanted without the concern of making two jobs jive. There are lots of advantages to having someone home and not working if the income is there to do it. Not saying its right for everyone but I think some of you young gents might be surprised.
Thank you, well said

Always amazing how the guys screaming the loudest about some things here are the ones who can't get a woman in the first place lol.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:54 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,516 times
Why is there so much animosity towards couples who can afford this type of arrangement?

Trust me, most housewives are NOT Peggy (from Married with Children).

Most are involved in their children's lives, run errands, keep the house clean, make sure the kids are well kept and put together, make sure the house isn't falling apart and live their own lives.

They aren't a bunch of potato heads sitting around eating bon bons and watching Oprah on OWN

Old 08-10-2014, 06:59 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Children are completely out of the question for me. If I have to fight my a$& off at a job every day, why should a woman who ain't got kids to take care of not have to? If you are going to live at my house you better be doing something to help write the rent check.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:05 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
I wish we as a society woud get back to this more... I think having a parent at home with the kids is important, a lot of times people can't swing it financially, but a lot of times I think people sometimes just don't want to try and make it work, financially speaking..... people want their toys and other crapola that is sold and shoved down our collective consumer throats.....

Old 08-10-2014, 07:06 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
I spend a surprising amount of time on the phone, straightening out snafus with billing, dealing with the phone company, calling health insurance, etc. etc. One woman told me she switched to a 4-day/wk work schedule so she could have one day a week to do all that phoning. I can see how it would be REALLY useful to have someone at home at least 1/2 time to handle all that, and be home for repairmen, etc.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:09 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Children are completely out of the question for me. If I have to fight my a$& off at a job every day, why should a woman who ain't got kids to take care of not have to? If you are going to live at my house you better be doing something to help write the rent check.
Perhaps later in life you will come to see the value in a spouse/partner who brings a higher form of currency to your relationship.

Besides the fact that there is a lot to be said for a busy hardworking man having someone willing to lovingly take care of all his personal needs and time consuming chores(like getting your oil changed or waiting in that long line somewhere that could have taken up your whole lunch hour), a woman who does not need to earn a paycheck can be invaluable to volunteer run agencies and groups.

I'm just saying you should never make the mistake of thinking just because a man makes a comfortable enough income to provide for himself and his partner that his partner is "doing nothing" or contributing nothing to the relationship or the world.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:11 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
I want to be at Dissenter's wedding, whenever it comes to pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships