Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 12:39 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontolady View Post
Actually, in all 3 of my long-term relationships (1+ years) current one included, there was a choice between myself and a blond girl, and I was the one they picked. They weren't rich though - educated, yes 2 of them have been - but they have all come from normal middle-class backgrounds. Maybe the socioeconomic background is the issue. Have you tried dating off-campus? Just regular, blue-collar men?
Again, I'm from an upper class family
And I'm only 20. So I'd rather someone around my age. I don't want to date someone who already has marriage or kids on their mind. And I want someone who is in school or has a college education

Old 05-29-2014, 12:40 PM

87 posts, read 107,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Wow......Is that all you got from my post??

YOUR money doesn't mean anything when it comes to dating. Having it WILL NOT make these guys want you any more than they already do.

People have their preferences when it comes to who they will date. Absolutely nothing you can do about that.

I love black women....but it seems like a lot of you are the only ones that complain about crap like this. Yeah it's unfair. So what. Deal with it.

Stop worrying about the ones that don't want you and focus on the ones that do.

I don't see to many black men complaining and they are the most stereotyped group of men on the planet.

You do not "love" black women, you're stereotyping us. Culture counts for nothing, to you? African American women have a different culture from both black Canadian women AND black British women. Don't assume we share a monolithic culture. I don't relate to black women from the Southern United States, I have nothing in common with them (aside from the obvious).

Old 05-29-2014, 12:41 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
I was born and raised in a predominately white area; most white guys like white girls and 'latinas.' I don't care what people say. Any black girls they like are light skinned or biracial. It took me a while to realize those white boys were not studying me regardless if I liked them or not which was a damn shame, because I did. I met a couple of white guys in hs and it was fine to be friends with them but they let me know in a subtle way their parents wouldn't approve.

Join the black student union or whatever they're calling it at your school almost every uni has one.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Again, I'm from an upper class family
And I'm only 20. So I'd rather someone around my age. I don't want to date someone who already has marriage or kids on their mind. And I want someone who is in school or has a college education

First of all, if you're dating 21-year-old boys, they're going to be using you for nookie.

Second of all, you can go to college, and still be blue-collar. Opprtunities for graduates aren't the same as they used to be, a lot of men go into the trades for that very reason. The richest men in Canada work on the oilsands (in Alberta). For instance, my boyfriend has a 3-year diploma for massage therapy (so yes, went to college) and worked recently as a mover because it paid more. You sound pretty snobby tbh. My dad was a CFO for 25 years; I don't look down my nose at people or practise credentialism.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I was born and raised in a predominately white area; most white guys like white girls and 'latinas.' I don't care what people say. Any black girls they like are light skinned or biracial. It took me a while to realize those white boys were not studying me regardless if I liked them or not which was a damn shame, because I did. I met a couple of white guys in hs and it was fine to be friends with them but they let me know in a subtle way their parents wouldn't approve.

Join the black student union or whatever they're calling it at your school almost every uni has one.

The OP is biracial...

Old 05-29-2014, 12:46 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
The OP is biracial...

then she will have no problem with white guys then. if she wanna meet black guys she can join the black student union like I suggested, she won't have any problem with them either.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:47 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times
Quote:
You do not "love" black women, you're stereotyping us. Culture counts for nothing, to you? African American women have a different culture from both black Canadian women AND black British women. Don't assume we share a monolithic culture. I don't relate to black women from the Southern United States, I have nothing in common with them (aside from the obvious).

Culture?????

What does that have to do with ANYTHING?

To most white men.....A black woman from the south is no different then one from the east coast.....one from south africa....or one from the uk.

When a man sees you for the first time the last thing on his mind is.....CULTURE. He is looking at your BODY. Your hair, breast, stomach and backside. He is looking at your PERSONALITY. Your mannerisms. Trying to gauge your interest level.

Stop making excuses (race, culture, family upbringing, etc) and just face up to the fact that these guys that you are interested in are not interested in you. That is just the way things go.

There are 1000's of other eligible single men out there. Go find someone that enjoys your company and stop SULKING over the ones that don't.

Woe is me. White guys just don't like me. Booo Hooo.

Develop some self esteem 1st. Once you get some of that....go find a nice guy that will reciprocate the interest.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:49 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Quote:
Actually, in all 3 of my long-term relationships (1+ years) current one included, there was a choice between myself and a blond girl, and I was the one they picked. They weren't rich though - educated, yes 2 of them have been - but they have all come from normal middle-class backgrounds. Maybe the socioeconomic background is the issue. Have you tried dating off-campus? Just regular, blue-collar men?
Yep. I've never saw my race as a limit on who I date. And in fact I've been converting men who claim not to date black women or who usually date white women, back to black women when they date me and get to know me and realize that black women are individuals and are just as feminine, attractive, etc as their counter parts. The majority of the time these men had blonde white women or what I considered very attractive white women interested in them and they wanted me. Not sure if it was because at the end of the day as black men they still gravitated toward black women or what but these men were all educated, professional, attractive and desirable. Now in most of these cases I wasn't compatible with them when it came to certain things but I have not had an experience of feeling as if because I'm black I'm not wanted or I can't find a date. I feel for the op. As I'm sure this does happen. But I wonder how much if this is tied down to the way she feels about herself and how she perceives white men
And women. I also wonder what her type is and if she's adjusted or extended her pool to increase options(which means dating outside of her college).

Now I don't date white men and am not attracted to them so I can't really give input on that. Like I said despite the fact that I'm not into white men I've been pursued by them on several occasions. So I have no clue how to relay to the op that outside of her college experience there are white men that like black women and biracial women.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:49 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,648 times
Quote:
Wow......Is that all you got from my post??

YOUR money doesn't mean anything when it comes to dating. Having it WILL NOT make these guys want you any more than they already do.

People have their preferences when it comes to who they will date. Absolutely nothing you can do about that.

I love black women....but it seems like a lot of you are the only ones that complain about crap like this. Yeah it's unfair. So what. Deal with it.

Stop worrying about the ones that don't want you and focus on the ones that do.

I don't see too many black men complaining and they are the most stereotyped group of men on the planet.
I'm not sure why you're ranting when I simply addressed something he mentioned . Just like I addressed my appearance.
Sounds to me like you have some issues with black women than you need to work on?

Old 05-29-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Culture?????

What does that have to do with ANYTHING?

When a man sees you for the first time the last thing on his mind is.....CULTURE.

He is looking at your BODY. Your hair, breast, stomach and backside. He is gadging your PERSONALITY.

Stop making excuses (race, culture, family upbringing, etc) and just face up to the fact that these guys that you are interested in are not interested in you. That is just the way things go.

There are 1000's of other eligible single men out there. Go find someone that enjoys your company and stop SULKING over the ones that don't.

Woe is me. White guys just don't like me. Booo Hooo.

Develop some self esteem 1st. Once you get some of that....go find a nice guy that will reciprocate the interest.

Why are you ranting at me? "Stop making excuses (race, culture, family upbringing, etc) and just face up to the fact that these guys that you are interested in are not interested in you." I never said that. You don't even have the person you are speaking to correct. I am not the OP, numbnuts.

"When a man sees you for the first time the last thing on his mind is.....CULTURE.

He is looking at your BODY. Your hair, breast, stomach and backside. He is gadging your PERSONALITY."
Guess what? Culture and personality ARE RELATED. You said that all black girls complain like this about doing poorly in the sexual marketplace without even taking into account that NOT ALL BLACK GIRLS IN EVERY REGION/COUNTRY SHARE THIS COMPLAINT. Some of us do just fine in the SMP. So therefore, this could very well be a CULTURAL COMPLAINT, NOT one that applies to "black girls." If you actually liked us you would at least have the prescence of mind to not negatively stereotype us. Also, try learning how to read.

"Woe is me. White guys just don't like me. Booo Hooo." Again, you are not talking to me. I never said this. The OP did. My boyfriend is white. White guys like me more than anyone (I've noticed). Next would be Indian guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships