Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 05:00 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Couple of glasses of merlot doesn't makes one drunk who vomits and stinks..

I swear the judgyness people have around alcohol is amazing...
But Smet was talking about young people who think getting drunk is the only way to have fun.

We seem to have several different side-topics going on in the same conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 05:04 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But Smet was talking about young people who think getting drunk is the only way to have fun.

We seem to have several different side-topics going on in the same conversation.

What's so bad about a young person getting trashed every once in a while?

Most young people don't have the funds/job to do much else than get drunk with their buddies

Old 05-31-2014, 05:06 PM

52,215 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

Most young people don't have the funds/job to do much else than get drunk with their buddies
Not so sure about that part.. but yeah, in the big scheme of life it's part of growing up.

That's why it was so much bullshyt when Clinton talked about not inhaling... give me a break... I'd respect the man more if he just owned up that he got high once.......

Be honest and real for once.....

Old 05-31-2014, 05:06 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster View Post
Umm.. I don't drink.. cause I generally don't like how "people are" when they drink.. (not real, not themselves.. abusing a substance to be happy)

So how do you meet people/date if you don't like this substance or bars in general?
One is not required to drink to go out and meet people, even in a bar or a restaurant that serves food and liquor.
We are minimal drinkers ourselves (except for that shot of Jack I felt I needed yesterday) and we have never heard a word about not ordering alcohol when out. A lot of our friends don't drink and the others will have a glass or two of wine and no one cares.

Start going for walks, go to the library, local coffee shop, some organized group that you are interested in.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:07 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:

Well, according to Smetanjak, "vomiting and stinking".

There's lots of free stuff to do in life besides getting drunk. But...whatever. I was just correcting a misunderstanding of someone's post.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, according to Smetanjak, "vomiting and stinking".

There's lots of free stuff to do in life besides getting drunk. But...whatever. I was just correcting a misunderstanding of someone's post.
I understand the tone of the thread completely..... I was just voicing an opinion somewhat secondary to the theme of the thread.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:15 PM

32 posts, read 41,285 times
Quote:

That depends on culture and society which forms opinion on such matters. Getting drunk is condemned by religion, by doctors - not healthy, by society, it is trouble making, by all philosophies, by parents lol, by everything and everyone that is mature. But me personally, i don't really judge drinking, i don't practice it, and i don't really care is someone doing it.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:16 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetenjak View Post
That depends on culture and society which forms opinion on such matters. Getting drunk is condemned by religion, by doctors - not healthy, by society, it is trouble making, by all philosophies, by parents lol, by everything and everyone that is mature. But me personally, i don't really judge drinking, i don't practice it, and i don't really care is someone doing it.
Then maybe don't speak in a condescending way?

Old 05-31-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
I agree, that's what's sort of got me irked about it... I couldn't care less about whether or not someone drinks or not as was mentioned to me in a rep.

The point I'm making is don't look down your nose at someone and try and act like they aren't, the very opening of the OP was laced with judgment.

That's my only point.....

I resent someone getting judgy about someone having a couple beers at a bar, that's all....

I don't even go to bars. I can't even really remember the last time I did.....

Old 05-31-2014, 05:22 PM

32 posts, read 41,285 times
Quote:
Well, i am not going to praise it. It is negative social phenomena.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships