Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 05:59 AM

17 posts, read 19,306 times

Advertisements

As the title states..what a woman prefers mostly in a men and why; (Special characteristics, body types & facial features etc, included)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 06:05 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Every woman "prefers" different looks, personality and characteristics.
Every man "prefers" different looks, personality and characteristics.
The amazing part is sometimes men and women who have a checklist of preferences end up with someone completely different than what they have on their checklist.

There is no blanket statement as to what is preferred and what is not preferred by each individual human.
Also, no matter how many threads are started by how many different members, the answers remain the same.

To stick to the original question though I have always preferred male, human, breathing and I'll wing it with the rest.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:37 AM

yes, probably there is no blanket statement as to what is preferred or not by each individual, but that has to do with the selection of the partners. Now, as about what is more or less attractive, i think there are some kind of ''standards'' to which women tend to agree.. You see it when they vote for the sexiest men/models/actors/etc... They indeed show prefernce to some ''outside'' characteristics.. What do you think are those?

*(Of course maybe in their personal life, most/some women prefer someone who is not as attractive as those ''voted'' men are as their partner or husband... but.. who stated that they chose them because of their attractiveness? I believe that similar lifestyles, compatible characters & emotions or even psychological insecurities make those women to choose less attractive men.. )

Men on the other hand choose or like women mostly based on their looks..

Old 05-31-2014, 07:43 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Every woman "prefers" different looks, personality and characteristics.
Every man "prefers" different looks, personality and characteristics.
The amazing part is sometimes men and women who have a checklist of preferences end up with someone completely different than what they have on their checklist.
I think people who have had no problems attracting a large quantity of the opposite sex believe this.

Those that have not believe that looks and beauty are quite non-subjective. Universal if you will.

Makes sense to me.

How can you agree looks are subjective when nobody has ever been physically attracted to you?

Old 05-31-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoRK View Post
yes, probably there is no blanket statement as to what is preferred or not by each individual, but that has to do with the selection of the partners. Now, as about what is more or less attractive, i think there are some kind of ''standards'' to which women tend to agree.. You see it when they vote for the sexiest men/models/actors/etc... They indeed show prefernce to some ''outside'' characteristics.. What do you think are those?

*(Of course maybe in their personal life, most/some women prefer someone who is not as attractive as those ''voted'' men are as their partner or husband... but.. who stated that they chose them because of their attractiveness? I believe that similar lifestyles, compatible characters & emotions or even psychological insecurities make those women to choose less attractive men.. )

Men on the other hand choose or like women mostly based on their looks..
The real question is whether standards of beauty are media driven and passed down culturally from generations or are they are ingrained in our heads as human beings from birth.

What is beauty?

This.

http://deeprootsmalawi.files.wordpre...9/img_0467.jpg

or this:

http://www.fansshare.com/gallery/pho...on/?displaying

If you believe that somebody would pick any of the women in the first picture over Kate Upton, then I might argue it's very media driven.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:07 AM

Yeah..you have a point there..I believe that good-looks are somewhat subjective, and there are certain rules which makes a person physically attractive to the opposite sex..

Of course the fact that a woman finds a man attractive does not mean that they are going to choose him for their partner or father of their children. The bad thing starts when women choose to marry men who don't really find physically attractive, because they have insecurities or because he is indeed a very compatible character, and after a while start looking here and there in order to cheat with someone ''handsome''
But that ''universally'' handsome guy have some characteristics....which do you think are those?

Old 05-31-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoRK View Post
But that ''universally'' handsome guy have some characteristics....which do you think are those?
Tall and chiseled featured masculine handsome. Women prefer white men as a whole too.

The one thing (possibly the only thing) I will say women are generally subjective about is build. There are a lot of women I met who like skinny guys (not stick skinny, but lean/cut) and others who like buff guys, but both need to come with height.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:52 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
To answer the OP: brain power, heart power, integrity and creativity. If I find those, it doesn't matter if the guy is blond, dark, short, tall, brown, white, fat, thin, or anything else. A warm smile and kind eyes are big pluses. Long hair is a huge plus, but not a must.

But take away any concerns about personality, and show me some photos, and brown skin w/black hair and eyes will rate tops w/me.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:20 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
To answer the OP: brain power, heart power, integrity and creativity. If I find those, it doesn't matter if the guy is blond, dark, short, tall, brown, white, fat, thin, or anything else. A warm smile and kind eyes are big pluses. Long hair is a huge plus, but not a must.

But take away any concerns about personality, and show me some photos, and brown skin w/black hair and eyes will rate tops w/me.
I'm with you - but I would include sense of humor and ability to be silly. Those are HUGE for me.

And for me - if you take away personality and show me some photos - it doesn't really matter skin color, hair color, eye color, etc. Most celebrities that I find hot - well, it's partly because of roles that they've played that I find attractive. And they range all over the place physically - Colin Firth, Hugh Jackman, Alexander Skarsgard, Jonathan Rhys Myers, Benjamin Bratt, Taye Diggs, Peter Dinklage, etc.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:34 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm with you - but I would include sense of humor and ability to be silly. Those are HUGE for me.

And for me - if you take away personality and show me some photos - it doesn't really matter skin color, hair color, eye color, etc. Most celebrities that I find hot - well, it's partly because of roles that they've played that I find attractive. And they range all over the place physically - Colin Firth, Hugh Jackman, Alexander Skarsgard, Jonathan Rhys Myers, Benjamin Bratt, Taye Diggs, Peter Dinklage, etc.
Agreed. I do have some things I like in guys. But sometimes, the personality catches my eye, and the guy may be the opposite of what I like, usually.

With looks, it varies, depending on the man. Now, to generalize, features I like

Muscles- toned, lean, or buff. Just don't like skinny.
Facial hair- usually stubble / goatee/ beard
Tall - I am only 5'0. So, I guy taller than me won't be hard to find lol
Long hair

But again, depends on the man. Some guys I liked didn't have facial hair, and were hot. Some had short hair, or shaved heads, and it was hot. And some were on the fat side, and hot lol But the personality caught me for these guys.

But I am into the alpha thing. Always have been, with some exceptions, and the attraction didn't last long for said exceptions.

My current infatuation has all the above though. Tough, tall, toned, and hairy Not really a fan or hairy legs, but they're sexy on him lol And his personality is sexy.

So, really attraction can make someone take notice and give a chance. But if your personality is n't attractive, you may not get too far. That's me. A guy can be hot as hell. If he's boring, seems like a jerk, or isn't affectionate, I won't be there for long.

If the product looks nice, you'll try it. Whether or not it'll be for you is another matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships