Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 01:35 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,446 times

Advertisements

... comments please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 01:38 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
... comments please.
Could you elaborate, please? Examples?

Old 05-31-2014, 01:38 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
... comments please.
Well, that's how I feel about certain members of my family. As for a spouse though, why marry someone if you don't even like them? Doesn't make sense to me.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:41 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
Well, that's how I feel about certain members of my family. As for a spouse though, why marry someone if you don't even like them? Doesn't make sense to me.
And if you don't like them, what is the love based on? This is what I'm hoping the OP will explain.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:43 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times
I think what the OP means is, you love and care for them, but they annoy the hell out of you, and make you sick alot. But love them, but sometimes don't like them in certain moments.

If anyone is familiar with sitcoms, think of the old married couples

Fred / Ethel
Mare / Frank
Stanley / Helen
Ray / Debra

These couples loved one another, but they fought alot, and annoyed the hell out of one another. But even though they weren't affectionate, or love birds, love was shown on both ends for all these couples.

It's normal. Sometimes when you leave the honeymoon phase, you may fight more, or be annoyed alot. However, it's only not fine if you don't love them, and feel trapped and miserable.

If there is love there, and you do want to be there, then you're fine. If you're miserable, then leaving would be best.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:45 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
And if you don't like them, what is the love based on? This is what I'm hoping the OP will explain.
Well, for me, it's simply that fact that they're family/blood related. And I too hope the OP will come back and elaborate further.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:48 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Not for me. If I didn't like him, I wouldn't have fallen in love with him and I sure as hell wouldn't have married him!

Old 05-31-2014, 01:52 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
I think you have the meaning of the two words reversed. I think what you mean us you like them but you don't love them.

Last edited by srjth; 05-31-2014 at 02:17 PM..

Old 05-31-2014, 01:56 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
This usually applies more to family members than spouses.

You can chose your spouse, you can't chose your family.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:27 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I think what the OP means is, you love and care for them, but they annoy the hell out of you, and make you sick alot. But love them, but sometimes don't like them in certain moments.

If anyone is familiar with sitcoms, think of the old married couples

Fred / Ethel
Mare / Frank
Stanley / Helen
Ray / Debra

These couples loved one another, but they fought alot, and annoyed the hell out of one another. But even though they weren't affectionate, or love birds, love was shown on both ends for all these couples.

It's normal. Sometimes when you leave the honeymoon phase, you may fight more, or be annoyed alot. However, it's only not fine if you don't love them, and feel trapped and miserable.

If there is love there, and you do want to be there, then you're fine. If you're miserable, then leaving would be best.
Well said VanillaChoc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Not for me. If I didn't like him, I wouldn't have fallen in love with him and I sure as hell wouldn't have married him!
Right. And that's beautiful. I'm meaning over time, you start not to like him/her, but still love them. Is that OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I think you have the meaning of the two words reversed. I think what you mean us you like them but you don't love them.
No, I don't ... Neither like nor love necessitates one or the other. I just believe the like can fade, but the love can remain. AND is that wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships