Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 01:59 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
I really do not care about my wife's income until she throws it up in my face.
For instance recently while I was unemployed she mentioned that I have nothing to offer while she has lots to offer. It made me feel half an inch tall.
And then there was another time she mentioned that if I started my drinking again she'd throw me out. Which I can understand, but it's just the insinuation that she wanted to rub it in that she has everything while I have nothing. Needless to say I felt a little butthurt at her comments and a result was not much intimacy for a few weeks afterward.

But I learned from her hurtful comments and am determined to do something about my financial situation and in time hopefully match and even surpass her income. So I turned it into a positive thing for me.
I would have broken up with her on the spot. I'd move into a shelter before I took that crap from anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 02:03 PM

257 posts, read 713,379 times
I care about how much a woman makes mainly in regards to if it's enough to support whatever lifestyle she wants, while still being able to save a reasonable amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
I really do not care about my wife's income until she throws it up in my face.
For instance recently while I was unemployed she mentioned that I have nothing to offer while she has lots to offer. It made me feel half an inch tall.
Also, yeah, this would be grounds for instant divorce in my book.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:53 AM

908 posts, read 1,119,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Lots of threads about men incomes and how they cannot get dates if they are low income. What about women? Do men really not care how much a woman makes? I work an okay job as a medical receptionist/secretary, but I'm not making big bucks or anything. What's the truth where women's salaries are concerned in terms of getting dates; does it truly just come down to looks then?
All I care about is whether she works hard at what she does. I'd expect her to have the same opinion of me. Usually people who work hard succeed more often and mobilize better socially. They also are better at adapting to changes and opportunities - which is a non-gendered problem in the 21st century. I think adaptability in general is one of the greatest attributes someone can have; it can directly affect things like employment.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:25 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Men are definitely not like women in this respect.

For some men you have to make decent income, for some men as long as you are working they're happy, and for some they don't care at all.

Making the bulk of the money is still mostly on the man's plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
No guy is gonna turn down a woman because of her economic situation
^^^

Old 07-25-2016, 04:30 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Guys would be well advised to care very much about what a woman makes.

Not paying attention to this upfront is how so many guys end up being the bitter divorced guys who are moaning and complaining about paying alimony and child support.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:22 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Lots of threads about men incomes and how they cannot get dates if they are low income. What about women? Do men really not care how much a woman makes? I work an okay job as a medical receptionist/secretary, but I'm not making big bucks or anything. What's the truth where women's salaries are concerned in terms of getting dates; does it truly just come down to looks then?
Nope. Don't care. As long as you're working. Looks are fine but eventually there better be something else there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Guys would be well advised to care very much about what a woman makes.

Not paying attention to this upfront is how so many guys end up being the bitter divorced guys who are moaning and complaining about paying alimony and child support.
When my wife and I were first dating, she made a lot more than I did. As time went on my income went up hers went down. 23 years later it's inconsequential. If my wife cared about my income we would never date, marry and have the great life we do. She saw something in me and for that I am forever grateful. Then again she is probably just waiting for the right time to divorce me and tanke 1/2 the stuff. She's probably waiting till year 25. Just enough to pad that diversion account

Child support gets paid for the kids you had. That's not something to cry about. That's just your duty as a father to take care of your kids. The alimony is part of the settlement. If you don't want any of those things don't marry and Christ don't have kids for sure.
You could also be passing up a life with someone who cares for you till you die or vice versa.

Last edited by Electrician4you; 07-25-2016 at 08:50 PM..

Old 07-25-2016, 08:53 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
I don't really care at all.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:28 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I don't really care at all.
Agreed.

Unless she's like unemployed and has no money, expects you to spoil her and buy everything.

Of course, that only pertains to girls I started dating. I'd have no problem if my fiance decided to stop working when we eventually have kids. I've even told her right now that I'm okay with her not working if she doesn't want to anymore, she insists she wants to and would be bored if she didn't work 4 days a week, especially with me also at work during the day.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:00 PM

736 posts, read 353,500 times
To be honest, I don't care what she makes. My longer term plans don't depend on how much my partner makes. In order of importance, looks, compatibility, and loyalty.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:30 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Again... still applies... I really don't mean disrespect as you're one of the best posters here, but get a high pressure job and come back with the same stuff about passion for your work and you might change your opinion a bit... as sometimes work can really tear a person down at times...
My mom is a cardiovascular/thoracic surgeon and she totally loves her profession. Talk about pressure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships