Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 08:20 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Anyone who wants to comment on the question itself? Things aren't always as easy as the way they are written online. People interact in real life and I am not sure why my ex and I were drawn to each other again but of course I see why it was a bad idea to get back together with him. It's surreal when you're in the situation. I can read what I wrote and what everyone wrote as well the facts are dismal. But living it is a different story and we did reunite. I get it, he's not going to change, I guess he likes being single. So that answers my question, if he's going to act like a single person, of course there is not a reason I shouldn't as well. But I'm still open to comments on the current situations. I'm not denying I deserve the I told you so's.

So you can ignore the advice?

Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 08:21 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
I got back together with my ex boyfriend. It is not going well. I am mortified that his girlfriend before me wrote on his face book, right after we changed our relationship status that she would visit and wanted to hang out with him. Rather than ignore it, he says he would love to! I made it clear to him I don't think people in committed relationships have any business hanging out with exes. (especially slutty ones, no judgment here lol )

As luck would have it, a man I've been interested in a very long time heard through a mutual friend that we are having problems. He asked me to go out with him. He is also only visiting (like my boyfriend's ex will be.) and it would also be considered just a hang out. This man and I are familiar with each other through mutual friends and he also just had a bad break up. I accepted his invitation.

Meanwhile I feel guilty though I don't think I should at all. My hang out will be taking place this week. To my knowledge, my boyfriend's hang out has only been loosely planned for when the kids go back to school. I am not at all one to cheat or sleep around nor is the man I'm going to spend time with. (Otherwise we would have gotten together sooner as he has always told mutual friends how pretty he thought I was.) Not that pretty even matters in the long run but I do want to note I have been seriously questioning my looks due to my boyfriend's actions which I know is wrong, but it is how I feel.

I think I am just here to share my feelings as I feel my current boyfriend doesn't care about them. He said he didn't care if we kept our plans tomorrow or not. I did not respond to the text that said that so he doesn't know if I'm going to show up or not. I do not plan on it. We did fight pretty bad about the face book comments and the fact that because he once cheated on me with this ex girlfriend (he denies it but that isn't helping anything and doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'm 90%+ sure it did.) We also made up. Yet he says he doesn't care about our plans.

I see no reason I shouldn't hang out with this other man platonically. In fact, I think it's an excellent idea. Opinions? Thank you.
Games are for children.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
How can we even comment on the situation. Let me put it to you like this - if someone on here wrote something like -

So, my boyfriend and my best friend don't get along that well. My best friend is getting married and I'm in the wedding party. I'm trying to decide if I should bring my boyfriend to the wedding as my date. My best friend doesn't like him because he beats me. Do you think I should bring my boyfriend to the wedding even though he doesn't get along with my best friend?

So - what do you think people would comment on? Do you think we would comment on whether or not she should bring her boyfriend to the wedding or on the fact that he BEATS HER?

Old 05-31-2014, 08:23 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
So you can ignore the advice?

Nope.
Exactly. Sooner or later this whole saga just becomes attention seeking rather than a genuine interest in improving your life. The OP has crossed that line. Now it's just ridiculous trolling.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:27 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Games are for children.

For once I actually disagree with you loves, children don't even play stupid games like this and then cry about it.
They actually have better things to do like grow up, mature, improve their self worth, stay away from obvious losers and don't use others to get back at or make their current ex boyfriend who is once again their boyfriend and about to be their ex boyfriend yet again jealous.

Original Poster to answer your question: You should go and do whatever it is you want to do with whomever you want to do it with. You have already made your decision so go with it and see what happens.
Remember these decisions though the next time you break up again and please refrain from trying to convince everyone that "the sky is falling again".
Good luck.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:27 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Good lord OP...... why are you wasting your time, move on already, you've discussed this dude on the forum far more than I care to remember....

If men are like buses as a lot of women like to say, why are you wasting so much time on this bus???????
This "bus' and I have so many people in common and somewhat of a life together. A life I loved before the other woman came in, I should say before he allowed the other women in, I get that he was supposed to protect the relationship and still is supposed to protect the relationship and he is not doing his job. I want him to want me enough to act right but I get it, it's not going to happen. He seems to be the only person (besides this woman) who can't see that I am a decent woman. In the large group around us, they are the only 2 who don't think we should be together. Of course he sometimes thinks we should be together but then we fight and he's not so sure. Everybody fights. He simply doesn't want to act decent which is the only way to keep a decent woman. I don't think I'm doing wrong to spend time with this other man. My loyalty is only working against me. I get it, we need to break up and I need to not take him back. I do get it. I am just always wanting to try. I can't say why. Stubbornness maybe.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
How can we even comment on the situation. Let me put it to you like this - if someone on here wrote something like -

So, my boyfriend and my best friend don't get along that well. My best friend is getting married and I'm in the wedding party. I'm trying to decide if I should bring my boyfriend to the wedding as my date. My best friend doesn't like him because he beats me. Do you think I should bring my boyfriend to the wedding even though he doesn't get along with my best friend?

So - what do you think people would comment on? Do you think we would comment on whether or not she should bring her boyfriend to the wedding or on the fact that he BEATS HER?
Point taken. (He does not beat me just for the record.) Of course, she should just leave him end of discussion.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:29 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Quote:
This "bus' and I have so many people in common and somewhat of a life together. A life I loved before the other woman came in, I should say before he allowed the other women in, I get that he was supposed to protect the relationship and still is supposed to protect the relationship and he is not doing his job. I want him to want me enough to act right but I get it, it's not going to happen. He seems to be the only person (besides this woman) who can't see that I am a decent woman. In the large group around us, they are the only 2 who don't think we should be together. Of course he sometimes thinks we should be together but then we fight and he's not so sure. Everybody fights. He simply doesn't want to act decent which is the only way to keep a decent woman. I don't think I'm doing wrong to spend time with this other man. My loyalty is only working against me. I get it, we need to break up and I need to not take him back. I do get it. I am just always wanting to try. I can't say why. Stubbornness maybe.

You don't. It is so painfully clear to everybody, that you simply do-not-get-it.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:30 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:

"Only two people don't think you should be together..." and guess what - one is your BF.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Games are for children.
I am not playing games. If he is making the rules, I am free to follow them, no double standard. I have been direct with my boyfriend and he only says I talk too much. (Yes, there is some truth to that.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships