Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 08:15 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times

Advertisements

I've repeatedly said here that preference cannot be forced, but it can change with time. I've also been very open about my preferences as being a chubby chaser. And while I've tried to stay away from discussing details about my wife in the interest of her privacy, I think most of the regulars who know me know generally what kind of body type my wife has.

One of the questions I've encountered here is "If you like chubby women, what are you going to do when your wife loses weight?" Some are genuinely curious, others are being tools, but the question is a valid question nonetheless because if I am happy with my wife, why would I want her to change?

I always answered the question by saying something akin to, "I'll change with her." I always thought this was reasonable because 1) I know how much I love my wife so changing with her is part of the equation and 2) I always maintained preferences can change, as I've stated already. But the truth was my best answers were always speculation. Until now that is, because my wife is changing.

I am not going to share numbers for reasons of privacy. Suffice to say the number of pounds lost is significant enough that she is buying new clothes (and then shedding them) and digging out clothes she outgrew years ago from the closet. People are noticing. Every time friends are around I hear someone tell her how great she looks, how she must be working hard, and encouraging her to press on. Most importantly, she feels so much better about herself. Her happiness and confidence in herself is much higher than its been in years, even as she has a long way still to go.

Now I am not going to stand by and make my wife fight this fight by herself. I turn like a battleship, but once I saw she was serious about getting momentum and keeping it, I got involved, too. I was already in pretty good shape, but I did a hard self assessment and decided I could really up the wattage on myself and in doing so would be participating in my wife's efforts to reinvent her lifestyle.

The results have been amazing. We are closer as a couple now. We have an additional common interest to share with each other, too. And while there are challenges still ahead, having some unity on this gives a greater likelihood she will reach her goal. I am glad to be a part of this effort and not a bystander.

I don't think I'll ever lose my ability to see the beauty in any body type, including those that are overweight. But more important than appreciating an overweight woman or an athletic woman is appreciating MY woman. Even when she changes. Especially when she changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 08:18 PM

678 posts, read 1,064,572 times
Well said...if someone is equally in love with a person as they are with being in a relationship with that person then changes in appearance won't matter.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:19 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Congrats. I think it is a lovely approach.

(I am genuinely curious about your desire to protect her privacy, even though you have photos of her on your public profile. )

Old 06-02-2014, 08:20 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
I thought of you, iknowftball, a few weeks ago when I was watching a TV show about a 600 lb married woman who was trying to lose weight. Her husband, who looked to be maybe 250 lbs said he loved big women and was very upset that she was losing weight. To the point where he said privately that it would cause him to not be attracted to her anymore and he didn't know if he would leave her if she lost weight or not.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Congrats. I think it is a lovely approach.

(I am genuinely curious about your desire to protect her privacy, even though you have photos of her on your public profile. )
Photos don't tell you specific numbers, though. It's that sensitive information I like to keep private. I think she will be more open with it the further from her peak numbers she gets though, mainly to serve as an inspiration to others. But for right now it's still a sensitive subject.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I thought of you, iknowftball, a few weeks ago when I was watching a TV show about a 600 lb married woman who was trying to lose weight. Her husband, who looked to be maybe 250 lbs said he loved big women and was very upset that she was losing weight. To the point where he said privately that it would cause him to not be attracted to her anymore and he didn't know if he would leave her if she lost weight or not.
Gosh, that is not the kind of husband I ever wanted to be!

1,500 posts, read 1,771,178 times
You're a good husband, keep it up!

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
I get that. Numbers are a benchmark that can be hard to forget or get over.

She is lovely, either way.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:25 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Gosh, that is not the kind of husband I ever wanted to be!
I know, it was so crazy. She really was miserable and wanted to lose weight, and he acted as if he wouldn't like her anymore if she did.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:27 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Hi5 to your wife, brah. It's great she has your support and involvement in her change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships