Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 07:27 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
After reading all these responses and after what I have experienced in this relationship with my current girlfriend, I now finally understand why people who don't have kids should only date people who don't have kids, and single parents should only date single parents.
Good that's progress for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 07:31 AM

11,784 posts, read 12,020,964 times
Quote:
After reading all these responses and after what I have experienced in this relationship with my current girlfriend, I now finally understand why people who don't have kids should only date people who don't have kids, and single parents should only date single parents.
That's the lesson you've taken from this thread? Not, "I shouldn't be in a dead-end relationship with this woman whose children are getting more attached to me each day, when I have no intentions of sticking around"?

Old 06-04-2014, 07:52 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,222 times
So what's the end goal here? What exactly do you want accomplished with this thread? What advice do you want?

Old 06-04-2014, 07:55 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
So what's the end goal here? What exactly do you want accomplished with this thread? What advice do you want?
I think he wants her to end it for him.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:03 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post

Yeah, that's what I'm getting. He wants the cowards way out.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:06 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,725,997 times
Quote:
THIS. Is exactly the reason I am extremely careful who I get romantically or emotionally involved with. I can't stand indecision and cowardice in a man or woman. Been involved with guys who knew our situation wasn't going to work, but they wanted me to stay anyway. What's that supposed to do? What can I do to "fix" things? And dealing with things insn't exactly fixing something that's broken or never worked, to begin with. I can only be "Mama" to my children. I expect my adult partner to understand right from wrong, wise from unwise and act accordingly.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
I think you are right, but how are we supposed to help with that??

Obviously if she's put up with his crap for this long, she probably won't.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:33 AM

625 posts, read 951,970 times
Honestly, I just wanted advice on what I should do. I didn't want people to call me a coward or judge me. For God's sake, I am not even the father of any of her kids. 2 of the 3 fathers of the children are still alive but not even in the children's lives (one of the fathers was her ex-husband whom she divorced but later passed away). The real coward is the father who left her when she was pregnant with his child. The guy never came back to her, and he never saw his child, leaving the child fatherless. That guy is the real coward whether anyone on this forum admits it or not. But people on here are blasting me as if I am the devil, but I am just someone who is just dating a single mom of 4 kids. I was always honest with her when I said that I would never marry someone who has a large family of kids who are not mine. Obviously I am not a coward if I was the one who broke up with her in October, because I felt it was the right thing to do, so obviously I wasn't afraid to end a relationship. We got back together two months later, and believe it or not, she asked me twice if I wanted to come back, and I hesitated to even answer her because I knew why I broke up with her. If she didn't want me even after she knew where I stood on all this, I wouldn't still be with her after 7 months!

Old 06-04-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Honestly, I just wanted advice on what I should do. I didn't want people to call me a coward or judge me. For God's sake, I am not even the father of any of her kids. 2 of the 3 fathers of the children are still alive but not even in the children's lives (one of the fathers was her ex-husband whom she divorced but later passed away). The real coward is the father who left her when she was pregnant with his child. The guy never came back to her, and he never saw his child, leaving the child fatherless. That guy is the real coward whether anyone on this forum admits it or not. But people on here are blasting me as if I am the devil, but I am just someone who is just dating a single mom of 4 kids. I was always honest with her when I said that I would never marry someone who has a large family of kids who are not mine. Obviously I am not a coward if I was the one who broke up with her in October, because I felt it was the right thing to do, so obviously I wasn't afraid to end a relationship. We got back together two months later, and believe it or not, she asked me twice if I wanted to come back, and I hesitated to even answer her because I knew why I broke up with her. If she didn't want me even after she knew where I stood on all this, I wouldn't still be with her after 7 months!

We all told you!! END IT WITH HER!!

No one is forcing you to stay with her. This is what I meant about blame. You seem to be blaming her for staying with you even though she knows that you don't want to marry.

You are putting her in an unfair situation and she doesn't seem to have the self esteem to end it herself, which is a shame since it is her kids involved.

I'm not sure what other advice you want.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:43 AM

11,784 posts, read 12,020,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
We all told you!! END IT WITH HER!!

No one is forcing you to stay with her. This is what I meant about blame. You seem to be blaming her for staying with you even though she knows that you don't want to marry.

You are putting her in an unfair situation and she doesn't seem to have the self esteem to end it herself, which is a shame since it is her kids involved.

I'm not sure what other advice you want.

^^^This.

I think srjth was right that he's waiting for her to dump him. But really, the title of the thread should read "I'm still dating her although I made it clear that I won't marry her." And no one understands WHY the OP is still dating a woman he sees no future with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships