Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 03:29 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,866,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Maybe not - but wouldn't you agree that it's pretty stupid for a woman to wear a ring on her ring finger if she wants guys to approach her? I mean, if I was trying to put myself out there, I certainly wouldn't wear a ring on my left hand ring finger - even if it was a ring pop!

That is what I was thinking, but these ladies (friends of a friend I met on a pub crawl) said it doesn't slow down the people hitting on them at all. It has been the first thing I look for, it's really instinctive for me now.

Of course with the abundance of poly/open marriages around here its additionally confusing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 03:39 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,127,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That is what I was thinking, but these ladies (friends of a friend I met on a pub crawl) said it doesn't slow down the people hitting on them at all. It has been the first thing I look for, it's really instinctive for me now.

Of course with the abundance of poly/open marriages around here its additionally confusing.
It's true that it doesn't stop a lot of guys - but I can't imagine wearing a ring if you did want guys to approach you! When I got engaged, one of my male friends noticed before my female friends because he always looks for a ring! We though that was really funny!

Old 06-04-2014, 03:53 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,328,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I may have mentioned this already, but I've presumed that ring on left ring finger = married and not available. I have been informed by multiple female acquaintances that this is not a safe assumption.
Well it sure feels a lot safer than munchin on hubby's knuckles, that's for sure.

Old 06-04-2014, 03:53 PM

708 posts, read 821,945 times
It's too dangerious to approach, you could end up doing time.

Old 06-04-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
10 times ain't nothing, my fellow member. Lol If you manage to get a date within 30 attempts, I'd say you're doing good.

I do well amongst Asian women, but Caucasian women, well, they're bit of challenge but I like a good challenge
10? 30?

Pfft!!!

At least you were able to approach. I'm always the one saying yes or no. (They some sneaky one's too.)

Old 06-04-2014, 03:59 PM

13,611 posts, read 9,659,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
It's almost as if all women are different and prefer different thingsā€¦
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Did you make sure to book the group rate at the hotel for the 3.5 billion females in attendance?
If we start disavowing all generalizations as being spurious and phony, what do we have left? Dating is already difficult. We need heuristics and simple rules of thumb about how to behave, what to expect, where to set boundaries. I'm sorry, but yes, to some extent it IS imperative and essential to paint all women with one brush, just as sometimes the same is necessary in women's analysis of men. If everyone is an irreducibly complex individual, then every human interaction becomes irreducibly complex. Do men want to live in a world where 3.5 billion different women require 3.5 billion different strategies? Do women wish to live in a world were 3.5 billion different men merit 3.5 billion different expectations?

Bottom line: dating should not be the most difficult endeavor that we undertake in our lives.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I am mainly attracted to caucasian women. And you're right they're a big time challenge because they have a lot of options.
Hmmm...

They don't seem very challenging.

I guess it all boils down to being in the right environment.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:04 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,866,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Well it sure feels a lot safer than munchin on hubby's knuckles, that's for sure.

Never been an issue for me. Maybe for some... what do they call them here, "betas"?

Wait, there was that one time in Fort Wayne... I just don't go back there. No online warrant search.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:08 PM

834 posts, read 1,214,150 times
Remember that line: "All the good ones are taken."

To be one of the 'good ones' I may peek at an attractive woman, but I don't hit or approach her.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:09 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,786,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
So women should have to change because some guys aren't willing to do what millions of other men do?
If they're not meeting enough men, then yes. If they're meeting plenty already, then by all means, keep on keepin' on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships