Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 12:47 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times

Advertisements

(https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Ved7Alja1UZ891)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 09:59 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Yeah, and both should feel like they're nutso billy--which they both are.

Whackados--got to love 'em!

Old 09-15-2014, 10:13 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,181 times
Update on the whackadoos:
Man, after being told AGAIN that things are over, simply does not believe her, but does leave her alone for a month. Meanwhile, she is now sober, for over 2 months, so there will be zero temptation to ever see him again. Then, about 2 weeks before her birthday, he starts texting her again counting down and attempting to make her feel special. She sees that a mile away, but as she does, she does answer with lighthearted, short answers rather than just ignoring (which yeah she should have ignored!).

On the big day, he texts her that evening and says how is it going, are you having fun, bla bla bla. Fast forward to about 10:00 p.m., and he casually mentions he is in her area and does she want him to come by. She says, "no thank you." He texts later saying, "you're safe, I'm home." Then he texts a few minutes later, "I'm coming over." She says, "no, I hope you are joking." He says no, I'm serious, be there in 20. She says, no, do not come. I said no thank you. She still cannot believe he is doing this, coming across town, especially when she said no. He knows what complex she lives in, but not the apartment. He calls, she answers, talks to him, throws on a pair of PJ pants to go with her PJ top, goes out, barefooted, finds where he is and plans to just say hi, since he did make the trip. She talks to him for a few minutes, he says where do you live, she tries to still be stealth, but eventually she tells him. He says, get in (his car), so we can talk. Knowing him for many years and trusting him, she does.

He begins to drive toward her apartment and she's thinking he's going to stop, they'll share a few more words and that'll be it. He continues driving, past the apartment. She says, where are you going? He says, just around, one more circle. He doesn't go in a circle, but rather toward the main street. She says what are you doing, I don't want to go anywhere, pull over. He says, don't worry, I'll have you back in time for church tomorrow. She says no, I'm going to open this door and jump out. He says, how? We're going 40 mph. She says, pull over, do NOT get on that freeway. He gets on the freeway. She is now duly frightened and is trying to figure out what to do next. Call 911? Call a friend? Text someone? Jump out when he comes to the next stop?? She has never been big on doing something like calling the cops over this "first offense." So, when he gets off the freeway, 10 miles later, and the light turns red, she jumps out, and runs to the nearest gas station.

After a slight hyperventilation freak out epidsode, the gas station attendant asks if she is ok and she tells him she was kidnapped from 10 miles away, but that it was someone she knew and she just wants to get back home. She tries calling a family member and a friend, no answer. She finally reaches someone and they are on their way to pick her up. He walks into the gas station and says, "I'm sorry, here I'll take you back." She shoos him away. The attendant says I'm going to call the police and she says no, my ride is coming. He says ok, if he returns, I am calling them. About 20 minutes later, her friend arrives and gets her home safely.

So much for trusting someone you've known, you just never know what crazy things people will do, and of course he was under the influence of alcohol. Lesson learned!! Let's hope this fool woke up the next day and realized, wow that was really stupid. After all, he is a journalist with a long time newspaper and has worked there for over 12 years and has a reputation to uphold and let's not mention, he did this in the newspaper's van, which the publisher graciously allows him to use because he doesn't have a car!!

Earlier in the evening, he said, this is going to be a birthday you are never going to forget. Well that's for sure!

Old 09-15-2014, 10:24 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
I think this hypothetical "she" should realize that if he really wanted to have a relationship and possibly a future with her, he would. But the drunk texting and the occasional hookup is the extent of what he wants from her. If she does not want that, she should definitely lose his number. Block it, if she thinks she will not be able to say no the next time he is drunk and texting.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:32 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
Man, after being told AGAIN that things are over, simply does not believe her, but does leave her alone for a month. Meanwhile, she is now sober, for over 2 months, so there will be zero temptation to ever see him again. Then, about 2 weeks before her birthday, he starts texting her again counting down and attempting to make her feel special. She sees that a mile away, but as she does, she does answer with lighthearted, short answers rather than just ignoring (which yeah she should have ignored!).

On the big day, he texts her that evening and says how is it going, are you having fun, bla bla bla. Fast forward to about 10:00 p.m., and he casually mentions he is in her area and does she want him to come by. She says, "no thank you." He texts later saying, "you're safe, I'm home." Then he texts a few minutes later, "I'm coming over." She says, "no, I hope you are joking." He says no, I'm serious, be there in 20. She says, no, do not come. I said no thank you. She still cannot believe he is doing this, coming across town, especially when she said no. He knows what complex she lives in, but not the apartment. He calls, she answers, talks to him, throws on a pair of PJ pants to go with her PJ top, goes out, barefooted, finds where he is and plans to just say hi, since he did make the trip. She talks to him for a few minutes, he says where do you live, she tries to still be stealth, but eventually she tells him. He says, get in (his car), so we can talk. Knowing him for many years and trusting him, she does.

He begins to drive toward her apartment and she's thinking he's going to stop, they'll share a few more words and that'll be it. He continues driving, past the apartment. She says, where are you going? He says, just around, one more circle. He doesn't go in a circle, but rather toward the main street. She says what are you doing, I don't want to go anywhere, pull over. He says, don't worry, I'll have you back in time for church tomorrow. She says no, I'm going to open this door and jump out. He says, how? We're going 40 mph. She says, pull over, do NOT get on that freeway. He gets on the freeway. She is now duly frightened and is trying to figure out what to do next. Call 911? Call a friend? Text someone? Jump out when he comes to the next stop?? She has never been big on doing something like calling the cops over this "first offense." So, when he gets off the freeway, 10 miles later, and the light turns red, she jumps out, and runs to the nearest gas station.

After a slight hyperventilation freak out epidsode, the gas station attendant asks if she is ok and she tells him she was kidnapped from 10 miles away, but that it was someone she knew and she just wants to get back home. She tries calling a family member and a friend, no answer. She finally reaches someone and they are on their way to pick her up. He walks into the gas station and says, "I'm sorry, here I'll take you back." She shoos him away. The attendant says I'm going to call the police and she says no, my ride is coming. He says ok, if he returns, I am calling them. About 20 minutes later, her friend arrives and gets her home safely.

So much for trusting someone you've known, you just never know what crazy things people will do, and of course he was under the influence of alcohol. Lesson learned!! Let's hope this fool woke up the next day and realized, wow that was really stupid. After all, he is a journalist with a long time newspaper and has worked there for over 12 years and has a reputation to uphold and let's not mention, he did this in the newspaper's van, which the publisher graciously allows him to use because he doesn't have a car!!

Earlier in the evening, he said, this is going to be a birthday you are never going to forget. Well that's for sure!
She doesn't seem to know what "no" means any better than he does. It seems she has taught him that when she says "no", she really means "keep asking until I say yes".

Old 09-15-2014, 10:34 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:

She is the fool for answering the phone, texting back, putting on shoes, going downstairs, getting in the car.

All incredibly stupid moves, and each one a chance for "her" to say "no," establish meaningful boundaries, grow up and live a life of satisfaction instead of a life of regrets.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:35 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
What righteous path? Everyone in this scenario needs to just admit to acting in self interest all the time.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:33 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:

If this woman does not call the police and get a restraining order against this stalker, she's as sick as he is.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:40 AM

432 posts, read 362,144 times
Quote:
Single man begins affair with married woman/co-worker.

Woman quickly become insatiable, man appears to be alarmed by all the attention night after night and calls for slowing things down. Woman is not happy. Man tells woman everything is to be kept secret, because he values his privacy. Everything is behind closed doors, in the dark, for about a year. Woman can't keep a secret, so eventually she tells one or two people who used to work for the company and have moved away, thinking that was pretty harmless. Man gets upset and calls things off completely.

About a year or so later, man contacts woman again, over the whole "secret" squabble, tail between legs, wanting to start things up again. Woman is now separated and says she's looking for more than an affair. She wants something much more real. Man says he cannot give that, but still wants to meet in private to rekindle things that were on fire in the bedroom. Woman says no, but then gives in a few (3 to 4) times over about 3 years.

About a year later, when man comes calling again, woman then tells man she is completely divorced and on a new righteous path whereby she does not have sex outside marriage. He continues to beg. She is weak and gives in a couple times over a year's time. She finally tells him once and for all she can no longer participate in these sinful trysts. He gets mad but eventually stops calling.

Woman drunk texts him a few months later, he says nope, forget it, you said it was over and in the past, let's keep it there. She says fine and wakes in the morning sober and is glad he said that. Few weeks later, he drunk texts her saying well maybe not so fast, let's get things moving again. Woman is weak and says yes. One time. They keep in touch almost daily, flirting, talking, hinting....she does it for the attention. He does it in hopes she'll once again give in. One day he again asks to see her and she decides to send a huge text explaining once again her newfound righteous path. He gets upset and sends a huge text accusing her of "fronting." She responds and says maybe he is the one fronting, but regardless, she is not going to change her mind. He gets mad and says lose his number.

She's perfectly content to do just that.

But....he sends her a text about 4 weeks later and she answers. Why? Because she's addicted to the attention, but still is sure she will not change her mind about anything else. Six years have passed since their "relationship" started. One drunken evening, she texts him and says come over, and he does. She notices he is evolving, he has learned some nifty new tricks, he is acting differently, he is saying things differently, but there is one huge factor. She cannot trust him. She thinks he could not be monogamous with her, because he seems to be a serial bachelor who probably gets much action elsewhere. But she is not sure, but if she asks, she would not trust his answer to be true.

Based on how he is acting now, she does wonder, however, has he now developed feelings for her after all these years? Now she must ask herself, does she have any feelings for him?

She realizes he is really not for her, as he is not walking the righteous path nor does he have any desire. She may fall, but he doesn't even try to get up. They are not on the same page at all in that regard. And that is important to her. She doesn't want to "front" and say it's all about the righteous path. She must be honest and admit that she doesn't believe the pairing is a good one for the long run. She believes that if he had real respect for her, he should have respected her expressed wishes long ago. But she also realizes she sent mixed messages by giving in all the time.

She is now ready to once again (yes for the 26th time!) to get up, dust herself off, and walk the righteous path and wait to meet a nice Christian man who wants to wait until marriage.
Should the man be upset/shocked/saddened/mad??
Or should he think to himself, this was all a gamble, I played the cards, I pulled the lever on the slot machine, I played the game. Sometimes I got all cherries, sometimes I didn't.
Should the woman feel bad for also playing the game and maybe being selfish/naive/inconsistent/hurtful?

Are these two a mess or what!! (And they're nearing 50 quickly!)

This is all I read:

Quote:
Guy cheating because he was h*rny.

Woman finds out and she leaves him.

Man crawls back because he's weak and needy.

Woman says no but then while drunk gets in contact with him to "rekindle" things.

He says no then regrets it the next morning.

She ends up sleeping with him a few more times.

And now she wants a "christian devoted" man.
I give it a few more months before she goes back to him, or at least sleep with him again... She's clearly still interested in him.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:20 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:

Why are you telling this story in the third person? You are talking about yourself, right? Everyone here knows that. Your other "flirting" thread seemed so lighthearted - but reading this makes me realize you have far more serious problems.......I now have to recommend you leave the new guy alone until your personal life is more settled, definitely not fair to him. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships