Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 10:46 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
There isn't much to discuss unless you're looking to hear views from people who have took risks, who have felt tragedy. The problem with this idea though, is that when someone explains that they were cheated on, who lost there BF to a car accident, or lost all of there money in a divorce, you'll worry about these things and bury yourself under more rocks.

Unless you make the choice to change, and put in an effort to change, you won't change.
Or he could see how people can emerge triumphant over the bad things that happen to them in life. He could see that even though hearts get broken, the world doesn't stop spinning on its axis, life goes on, and people can emerge stronger and happier than ever before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
But Froggie, he signed up on CD, came straight to the Relationships section and posted this question. People who are happy in their own lives and content with the way they live don't do this.
Exactly.

But I also think our "new member" here is attempting to offer a softer version of "no one wants to play by my rules, so I'm taking my stick and pucks and going home and you'll be sorry that you didn't get to play with me!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 11:21 AM

244 posts, read 707,335 times
I think it's okay to stay in your comfort zone but try new things every now and then. Like try and join a club that matches your interests or hobbies, if you don't like it at least you tried something new. I'm trying new and different things this summer, like joining clubs, but I hate being around people and I'm in the process of trying a new internship in a career I'm interested in. Sometimes you have to step out of your comfort zone a little bit, but people are wired differently, so there's no reason why people should treat you differently for wanting a different life style.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:38 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevBlob View Post
I'm glad for your but I believe our goal is to avoid tragedies. And that's what happens most of the times when you bring a stranger into your comfort zone.

I hate to break it to you, but tragedies are an inevitable part of your life. They will find you. Look at it this way, in life, you will be outside of your comfort zone. There are two ways to leave your comfort zone. It could be leaving your comfort zone going for what you want, or it could be having your comfort zone snatched away from you on account of what you don't want.

Which would you prefer?

I'm in the long line of leaving the comfort zone going for what I want, personally.

You know what. Ironically, you helped me out. You have opened my eyes because I was feeling this exact same way, right now. I have decided that I didn't want to leave the comfort zone because I have just came back empty handed. Then I read this thread and... I'm back in the game.

That first paragraph, I'm saying that to me as well. I'm telling myself this.

You have helped me out so much. I needed this.

Old 06-07-2014, 02:14 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
If it's not effecting the things you want in life, why should you care about what others think?

It's almost like I'm reading some posters who are trying to attack OP's way of living life. I guess you were just starting a discussion, and that's fine for a message board and getting your ideas out somewhere, but I don't think this is the forum where you should be posting this. Too many posters looking to attack rather than explain there point of view.
Pretty much. I say live and let live. This is no reason to judge someone negatively, there are far worse people in this world.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:25 AM

205 posts, read 245,153 times
Quote:
I never had a girlfriend because that involves trouble that I'm not comfortable with. I could hardly trust someone that much (would always be thinking she was cheating on me) and like the fact I don't have to deal with a number of issues guys with gfs have (looking good all the time, having to keep her interested, etc).

I've been attracted by a few girls lately but I'm just friendly with them. I like to know I'm going to have a good night's sleep without being disturbed by those worries.

I simply accept this is the way I am and move on.

A very good female friend told me this isn't healthy but I can't understand why. I like to stay where I am and I'm not upsetting anyone.
Perfect! Stay where you are! No worries man, just means more beautiful ladies for me!

Old 06-08-2014, 06:15 AM

9 posts, read 7,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire and Ice View Post
Perfect! Stay where you are! No worries man, just means more beautiful ladies for me!

Old 06-09-2014, 01:30 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,670,759 times
Quote:
I never had a girlfriend because that involves trouble that I'm not comfortable with. I could hardly trust someone that much (would always be thinking she was cheating on me) and like the fact I don't have to deal with a number of issues guys with gfs have (looking good all the time, having to keep her interested, etc).

I've been attracted by a few girls lately but I'm just friendly with them. I like to know I'm going to have a good night's sleep without being disturbed by those worries.

I simply accept this is the way I am and move on.

A very good female friend told me this isn't healthy but I can't understand why. I like to stay where I am and I'm not upsetting anyone.
I see no problem with your stance. However, the minor quibble I have is your comfort zone not being robust enough to preclude you from having to validate it on a public forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships