Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2014, 06:14 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I'm likely to have schizotypal personality disorder as well. That is an interesting type of disorder. You just have to be careful with it.

You can't just self diagnose yourselves with Shizotypal or Aspergers that's why there's so many people out there discounting those of us that legitimately have it (A.S.) in the first place. You need to see a proper professional who can diagnose these disorders for you if you haven't done so already.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Okay, I was at this very point in my life. And I see what you are saying, it is very hard for me to get motivated if I am convinced that there is going to be no one in my life that will appreciate me.

I did get out of that, though. I got out by seeking ways to make other people's lives better. Yes, things did get better. I have a friend who might soon be my girlfriend. However, due to past, she needs to know that she can trust me.

However, in seeking to help others and positively impact their lives, you have to set boundaries. This is one thing I am trying to teach my lady friend.

Now, my life is worthwhile whether or not I have a significant other. I have tons of people in my life that appreciate me and I have learned to appreciate that.

EDIT: One thing that I had to ask myself when I was in my funk was;

Am I really looking for a relationship with someone, or am I just seeking validation in the form of the opposite sex?

I know you said you're single and in a way that's what you're missing, you actually had choices to be single or not. That's the issue. You even have a potential interest now, not that I'm saying it isn't a good thing. Well what's wrong with seeking validation from the opposite sex like everyone else, that you are in fact not a freak of nature?

Old 06-16-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post

Doll Eyes, you listen and you listen good...capisce? LOL

Don't get discouraged. So he didn't show up this time...but you do know that he does attend meetings so this gives you more time to think about how to approach him. We will never know what someone else is thinking until we actually talk to them. This guy might be the one that understands you. Don't give up. I believe there is someone out there for everyone but we have to make it happen. Yes, for some it comes a lot easier than for others but that doesn't mean we should give up. Smiling and making eye contact doesn't change who you are--it's human nature to smile. Let him be the reason why you smile. Please don't give up so quickly. If it doesn't happen, at least you tried. Yes, it's tiresome but better to have tried than if you did nothing and he got away. No?

Haha, I like that little smiley. I'm not sure what I'm going to do come Thursday, I as so confident last week. I guess it is better to try it out then to never know, but I've gotten used to never knowing if that makes sense.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:19 PM

240 posts, read 240,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
You can't just self diagnose yourselves with Shizotypal or Aspergers that's why there's so many people out there discounting those of us that legitimately have it (A.S.) in the first place. You need to see a proper professional who can diagnose these disorders for you if you haven't done so already.
I just took a jog around the Psych forum, Doll Eyes. Getting men to approach you is pretty far down on the list of things you should be concerned with.

Get yourself straightened out, seriously. Even if a man did approach you right now, you couldn't have a fulfilling relationship with him. Though I'm no psychologist, you're pretty classic major depressive disorder.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceShamWow View Post
I just took a jog around the Psych forum, Doll Eyes. Getting men to approach you is pretty far down on the list of things you should be concerned with.

Get yourself straightened out, seriously. Even if a man did approach you right now, you couldn't have a fulfilling relationship with him. Though I'm no psychologist, you're pretty classic major depressive disorder.

I always posts threads about suicide because I'm obsessed with the topic and why people carry on about it all the time, that doesn't mean I can't function. I could have a relationship if someone approached me but they don't.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
I always posts threads about suicide because I'm obsessed with the topic and why people carry on about it all the time, that doesn't mean I can't function. I could have a relationship if someone approached me but they don't.
It's not the topic of suicide, I find it morbidly intriguing myself.

It's the fact that you say the classic things depressives who are suicidal say.

And no, I'm sorry...you couldn't be in a successful, HEALTHY relationship. An abusive one? Sure. A dysfunctional one? Yep. A codependent relationship? Absolutely.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
It's not the topic of suicide, I find it morbidly intriguing myself.

It's the fact that you say the classic things depressives who are suicidal say.

And no, I'm sorry...you couldn't be in a successful, HEALTHY relationship. An abusive one? Sure. A dysfunctional one? Yep. A codependent relationship? Absolutely.

I don't know why you think I would tolerate an abusive man, yea right, you don't know me that well, c'mon now. I know I have depression it's not a secret on here.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
I don't know why you think I would tolerate an abusive man, yea right, you don't know me that well, c'mon now. I know I have depression it's not a secret on here.
Yeah, and don't forget suicidal. It's serious business.

No, I didn't say you'd tolerate an abusive man. I said you can't have a healthy relationship as a suicidal depressive.

So, basically, the answer to the original post here is that men aren't approaching you because one way or the other, the proposition you're putting out there is:

I hate myself and want to die, please ask me out.

Does not compute.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Yeah, and don't forget suicidal. It's serious business.

No, I didn't say you'd tolerate an abusive man. I said you can't have a healthy relationship as a suicidal depressive.

So, basically, the answer to the original post here is that men aren't approaching you because one way or the other, the proposition you're putting out there is:

I hate myself and want to die, please ask me out.

Does not compute.

I don't hate myself. I just don't enjoy life because there's nothing in it for me. That's not the same thing. I'm sorry but I don't think volunteering at animal shelters is the same thing as having a partner and someone to share your life with. Personally I would rather be dead then sit around animal shelters and call that a life.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:46 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
I don't get it - you'd rather be dead than sit around animal shelters and call that a life - yet you are unwilling to smile more and make eye contact with people? That doesn't make any sense at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships