Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2014, 12:19 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Well how would I show interest to a stranger?
The same way a man would.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I'm not a man and I'm not going to come on to a guy like some prostitute. Maybe I'm not attractive enough. Men have no problem approaching beautiful women that they want.
You are certainly attractive enough, which means there are other factors. From what you are saying, you must be projecting a vibe that says you are unapproachable. And for guys who don't really think anyone would accept their approaches anyway, that's the kiss of death. So I guess you should think about changing your outlook and approach or resign yourself to being alone forever.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:23 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
Quote:
I'm not a man and I'm not going to come on to a guy like some prostitute. Maybe I'm not attractive enough. Men have no problem approaching beautiful women that they want.
Umm approaching a guy you like in no way shape or form makes you a prostitue. Unless you are offering to sleep with him for money or whatever the case may be.

Just approach a guy, with a "Hey, how are you." Approach them like you said you want to be approached. It's not hard. Not to sound mean but you are exactly the type of woman a lot of guys here complain about. It doesn't hurt to meet someone half way or work for what you want. There is nothing unclassy about it unless you make it that way.

Don't act like you are entitled to someone's attention if you aren't putting forth any effort yourself.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:25 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,297 times
Nnnnno. That's what I feel like when I do. He'll just see me from that point on as easy and someone who he didn't even want but who was so desperate she had to sell herself to him first.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Nnnnno. That's what I feel like when I do. He'll just see me from that point on as easy and someone who he didn't even want but who was so desperate she had to sell herself to him first.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:27 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
well? How are they able to do that?
1. They respect themselves. If you don't love yourself, how can expect someone else to?
2. They respect themselves by taking care of themselves.
3. They respect themselves by expecting better of the men in their lives.
4. They respect themselves by not needing a guy to feel complete.
5. They respect themselves by nurturing their own passions and interests in life.
6. They respect themselves by respecting others in conversation and how they treat others.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Umm approaching a guy you like in no way shape or form makes you a prostitue. Unless you are offering to sleep with him for money or whatever the case may be.

Just approach a guy, with a "Hey, how are you." Approach them like you said you want to be approached. It's not hard. Not to sound mean but you are exactly the type of woman a lot of guys here complain about. It doesn't hurt to meet someone half way or work for what you want. There is nothing unclassy about it unless you make it that way.

Don't act like you are entitled to someone's attention if you aren't putting forth any effort yourself.
true.......

Old 09-18-2014, 12:29 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Quote:
Yiuppy... look where you live. Single women greatly outnumber single men:

‘Intellectual Meat Market’ Makes Washington Long Odds for Single Women - Bloomberg

Quote:

Washington (D.C) has the highest ratio of women to men compared with all 50 states -- 112 females for every 100 males, Census Bureau figures show. Among residents between ages 20 and 39 in the city of 601,723, women outnumber men by 13,716, up from about 6,000 a decade ago, according to census data. Speed-dating events for singles with professional degrees sell about 50 percent more tickets here than in most other U.S. cities, according to the head of one social networking group. People marry so late in life that Washington has more infertility experts than most places, said one sociologist.
Or if you want a visual, look at this:

If you live in the DC area and are a single woman looking for love, you HAVE to be proactive. Trust me, I live here too.

All you really have to do is start talking to a man you are interested in. Give him a friendly smile and make and excuse to talk. Find out if he's friendly and single and go from there. If you break the ice and they are interested, it makes a guy's role so much easier for him (and increases your chances of finding someone).

Old 09-18-2014, 12:32 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

Just approach a guy, with a "Hey, how are you." Approach them like you said you want to be approached. It's not hard. Not to sound mean but you are exactly the type of women a lot of guys here complain about. It doesn't hurt to meet someone half way or work for what you want. There is nothing unclassy about it unless you make it that way.

Then I guess that means the guys who complain about women who like certain things a conventional way for whatever reason, are completely different individuals from different backgrounds who have a completely different perspective. That's fine with me. There are over seven billion individuals in this world and I doubt they're all the same.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Then I guess that means the guys who complain about women who like certain things a conventional way for whatever reason, are completely different individuals from different backgrounds who have a completely different perspective. That's fine with me. There are over seven billion individuals in this world and I doubt they're all the same.
How will you ever find out if you don't get to know any of them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships