Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 05:44 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times

Advertisements

I never approach men. I am too shy. I may see a guy that's attractive, but I wouldn't approach. And heck, the guys I find attractive tend to be uninterested, or taken, or both. So, my confidence on making first moves is shot. But if a cute guy came to me, I could laugh and talk up a storm. lol

So, I kinda always wait for guys to come to me--and the ones that do that are the no-good ones, or old ones.

Not just guys. I don't make first moves at all anymore. If I do, it's rare. Like my mother and I shopping, and we go visit my brother at his job. She wanted to visit. When we left, she comments I didn't speak to my brother, and I replied "He didn't speak to me." So, there ya go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 05:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
The same thing applies to men though right?
Yes the ones that don't approach.Fyi-I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Of course, some do.

BTW: giving a stare of interest isn't considered "approaching", Lol
I stared?

Old 06-08-2014, 05:46 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LXXXI View Post
This.

Which I should think is enough proof that contrary to popular propaganda and all the "Grrrrl power!" bulldrek we are constantly bombarded with, women are absolutely TERRIFIED of rejection.
I've only observed the opposite; that women take rejection like no big deal, and just keep moving on to the next prospects. They don't post threads on the internet whining about all the rejection. It's only normal that most people anyone approaches won't be interested. Most people are looking for a certain "type". All rejection means is that the person you approached didn't see you as their "type". It's not a tragedy. It's just part of the weeding and sorting process everyone's involved in. Women seem to be able to suck it up better, unless the guy was really rude, or something.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:47 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Like Ruth, I chat with anyone who strikes my fancy (not just people I think I might want to date--which is impossible for me to tell before I get to know the person anyway).

But the main thing keeping me from talking to a man is if he looks mean/angry (AKA, the male equivalent of the "witch face" that some guys complain about). Most guys walk around like that too... like they are just looking to bite someone's head off! Unless they are with a group and talking and laughing and such... but I also rarely talk to groups of people. Maybe one or two people and I will strike up a conversation, but more, I feel awkward unless invited by them to talk to them or if I already know someone in the group and can mix in easily. This also applies to all people (like if I am at a professional networking event, etc... not a place to meet dates, but just to meet people).

Old 06-08-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXXXI View Post
Yes, some. I have seen it personally.

Generally it's the fat ones, or those with some other undesirable element to them (age, appearance, whatever).

They know they aren't going to be approached by pretty much anyone, so they swing for the fences. Ugh.

One more reason I'm glad I've figured out how to be practically invisible on those rare occasions when I do go places that I might have to deal with females.
Yeah you should avoid all fat women, I'll warn my friends.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:50 PM

540 posts, read 453,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've only observed the opposite; that women take rejection like no big deal, and just keep moving on to the next prospects. They don't post threads on the internet whining about all the rejection. It's only normal that most people anyone approaches won't be interested. Most people are looking for a certain "type". All rejection means is that the person you approached didn't see you as their "type". It's not a tragedy. It's just part of the weeding and sorting process everyone's involved in. Women seem to be able to suck it up better, unless the guy was really rude, or something.
Because men approach far more. For some reason the gender that approaches the least is quick to tell the other to approach more.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:51 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
Because men approach far more. For some reason the gender that approaches the least is quick to tell the other to approach more.
Both genders tell each other to approach more. Everyone should approach more.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:52 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yes the ones that don't approach.Fyi-I do.

I stared?

Its kewl, Ill save most of you women the pain of possible rejection and approach; because thats the way aha aha I like it...

Old 06-08-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Its kewl, Ill save most of you women the pain of possible rejection and approach; because thats the way aha aha I like it...
Ahem I approached first.

Now back on topic, ladies any other reason?

Old 06-08-2014, 06:05 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I never approach men. I am too shy. I may see a guy that's attractive, but I wouldn't approach. And heck, the guys I find attractive tend to be uninterested, or taken, or both. So, my confidence on making first moves is shot. But if a cute guy came to me, I could laugh and talk up a storm. lol

So, I kinda always wait for guys to come to me--and the ones that do that are the no-good ones, or old ones.

Not just guys. I don't make first moves at all anymore. If I do, it's rare. Like my mother and I shopping, and we go visit my brother at his job. She wanted to visit. When we left, she comments I didn't speak to my brother, and I replied "He didn't speak to me." So, there ya go.
I have the same attitude as well.

Especially with texting. I have this if they want to talk to me "they will text me." I think it is why I have lost contact with all my old friends, I am too afraid of bothering them or aggravating them. I am talkative once I get comfortable with folks and I will talk about anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships