Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 01:00 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
People can always go out for privacy, such as a hotel
Lol, who wants to have dole out cash everytime you want some privacy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 01:04 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Lol, who wants to have dole out cash everytime you want some privacy?
it's not much different than paying rent for an apartment

Old 06-09-2014, 01:06 PM

29,738 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
If you've got money to blow on a hotel on the regular, wouldn't it be better to save up and actually rent an apartment?

Old 06-09-2014, 01:07 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Quite an assumption there, just because people share a home does not mean one is leaching off the other. It simply means they share a home and you or anyone else has no idea what financial agreement is in place.
I'm grateful my Brother has always lived with our Mother, she is handicapped and he has been a tremendous help to her and I know she has him there to keep her as safe as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
I have a male friend that is almost 40 and lives with his mother. Spends a majority of his time at his girlfriend's house. She is a single parent, which could be why she didn't care. He did tell me that until he bought a car, she wouldn't give him the time of day....

Also know of a co worker that also is in his 30's doing the same, but his mother lives in his home. Both are in relationships and are relatively attractive, so that helps.

I think women have lower standards and expectations than the past.

Please learn reading comprehension skills. I wasn't talking about your brother, I'm talkig about the guy who's 40 and still lives with his parents, but spends the majority of his time at his girlfriends house. Somebody like that is a leach.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:09 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,471 times
Quote:
Then why not just get your own place? The only way I can see getting a hotel room as a viable option is if you're basically a caregiver.

I would've loved to get a hotel in town when my girlfriend and I were both living with our parents, but I wasn't going to shell out 80-100 bucks just because we wanted more privacy. Thankfully, we had enough but having our own house is 10,000% better.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:30 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Then why not just get your own place? The only way I can see getting a hotel room as a viable option is if you're basically a caregiver.

I would've loved to get a hotel in town when my girlfriend and I were both living with our parents, but I wasn't going to shell out 80-100 bucks just because we wanted more privacy. Thankfully, we had enough but having our own house is 10,000% better.
my job doesn't pay enough in order to pay rent for an apartment, especially since I live in California, the housing prices and rent for apartments is more expensive than most other states

Old 06-09-2014, 01:32 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,471 times
Quote:
my job doesn't pay enough in order to pay rent for an apartment, especially since I live in California, the housing prices and rent for apartments is more expensive than most other states
But you're still willing to spend money for a hotel room, and hopefully it's not a roach box. Hotels aren't cheap.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:33 PM

29,738 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
my job doesn't pay enough in order to pay rent for an apartment
Even with a couple of room/housemates?

Old 06-09-2014, 01:37 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,990,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I think men who believe this don't have much experience with real women.

There are different circumstances for adults who live with their parents and assuming that someone has low standards and expectations is far beyond the actual truth of each situation.
I am not sure what your comment means. I'm a woman.

My point was that I don't believe that most women look just at the superficial things like money and career when dating now.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:40 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
But you're still willing to spend money for a hotel room, and hopefully it's not a roach box. Hotels aren't cheap.

I'm not sure that the OP has stated that he is. If he did, I missed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships