Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 05:36 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,201 times

Advertisements

Had a blast.

We met at a local pub and a couple drinks, watched a band play and talked to an older couple next to us. We were laughing and having a good conversation. We walked around town and she was kinda bumping into me and touching me a lot, when we got to her car she gave me a close hug and pressed herself against me. I didn't move in for the kiss, but I could've.

I texted her when I got home the normal stuff, Had a great, hope to see you again, etc.
She responded well to that and even randomly texted me the next day asking me if I like to play golf. We went back and fourth a bit till I suggested we go to some course next weekend.

She hasn't responded to that one for two days now, I tried calling her too but didn't leave a VM. (Later that night I researched a few golf courses. Didn't mean to come on strong, but I love golf. I didn't even talk about it on the date.

Normally, I'm one to drop the ball in her court and forget about it. If she calls great, if not I'll move on. I kinda dig this chick though. She's really down to earth and kinda views the world the same as me.

What do ya think C-D, should I text her in a couple days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 05:40 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I sounds like you are tentatively playing golf next weekend. Don't pester her. It sounds like she needs to be the next one to contact you about it.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:46 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Two days with no response to a text, and a call. Nope.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
I think she will contact you.Seems she really likes you.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:56 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,163 times
Ugh. Relax, 2 days is not a looooooong time to wait. Ditch the stupid rule that if they don't reply right away, they're not interested.

Because I don't go by that stupid rule and replied right away to the guy I was dating that didn't contact me for 8 days

Old 06-10-2014, 06:07 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I wouldn't contact her again. I hope she gives you a call soon and explains her absence.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-10-2014, 08:21 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,201 times
Yeah, I'll wait till Friday I suppose, but I'm gonna do it if she don't respond.

I've gotta send her at least a text if I get no response. She was sort of shy on the date, opened up later on. I'm normally a pretty aloof guy - my life will be fine either way.

One text, if it annoys her and I get nothing out of it, I'll delete the number and move on. She was pretty awesome.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:26 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
If I had a girl who golfed and talked about going, I'd have gotten in my car and picked her up 5 minutes later. That'd be my dream.

Either way, if she's not responding or talking it means she's probably not too interested and nothing will change it. I'd plan on nothing happening, and even if it does I'd be skeptical. Women who are interested in you will rarely act that way. Of course there are always exceptions, but 95% percent of the time it's over in this case.

I could be wrong, just play it by ear.. but don't contact her any more. Let her talk to you.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:51 PM

537 posts, read 768,910 times
Maybe she got really busy this week. I try to make plans for the end of the week by Wednesday or Thursday. Maybe she will call tomorrow. Just chill and wait.

I'm a woman. I respond pretty quickly/as soon as I can to calls/voicemails and texts whether I like someone or not....I just don't like wasting people's time, and I don't like playing games. But yes, sometimes life gets in the way.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
come on everyone, 48 hours without a response to a text? It doesn't look good man

I just had the same experience but the only difference was she never responded to my first text LOL

atleast you got a "wanna play golf?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships