Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 11:02 AM

943 posts, read 1,004,290 times

Advertisements

Well, timberline, I suppose there are women out there that don't talk about their stuff with a guy. But for most women I'm going to say thats a very very important aspect of intimacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 11:07 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
Well, timberline, I suppose there are women out there that don't talk about their stuff with a guy. But for most women I'm going to say thats a very very important aspect of intimacy.

Oh come on. There is a difference between talking about family, jobs, etc and drama.

Normal adults can talk about those things and feel more connected to each other as part of sharing their lives.

Drama is the other crap. The crap that, for example, my mother pulls... where she talks about my SIL and brother's relationship and asks dumb questions like "do you think she should be saying that to him?" or "Can you believe she did that? or other such junk... where I have to be "he's a married man, that's their relationship, it's not my damn business". That's trying to promote drama. It's childish and tiring.

Hearing about your cousins fights with her on again off again BF, or how you and your mother have a problem with your mother's ex husband's new wife... is damn drama. It isn't intimacy.

Sorry, no time, no energy, no interest in that crud. If a woman needs that to create intimacy with me, or foster it, I'm singing the sound of music and running for those hills!

Old 06-12-2014, 11:12 AM

211 posts, read 266,668 times
Right wing politics
Drives an SUV
Drives a luxury car
Drives everywhere even though we live a in a city with great public trans and bike lanes
Bible thumper

Old 06-12-2014, 11:12 AM

Oh come on?
Just using those words together is kind of asking for a reaction, don't you think?
You seem to talk a lot, here, and in other threads about your very negative opinions about women. I think you may not have read what I wrote completely, as I was basically stating what you just said, that we talk to each other about things and its an important aspect of intimacy.
Intimacy being the process of growing closer to the person you want to be around, whether its friends or family, or potential relationships.
If you can't tolerate exchanging communication, then there is something wrong.
I also stated that a person who goes out of their way to create conflict, like you just seemed to do with me, is the one to watch out for. Wouldn't you agree?

Old 06-12-2014, 11:13 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
You seem to talk a lot, here, and in other threads about your very negative opinions about women.

Ok, you obviously have me confused with someone else, and yes, this appears like you're trying to create drama. I'm out.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:24 AM

No, I'm out first.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:32 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
This is the spear counterpart to the other thread.

Guys what is it about a woman that tells you not to pursue any further?

Or

Are you the type of guy who doesn't care about her behavior or attitude as long as she's hot?

Well, for me. (and this is tongue in cheek) A woman has 3 strikes.

The big run for the hills sign for me is:

She's hot (2 strikes)
She has a boyfriend/husband/is seeing someone/friend that is a male (10 strikes)
She doesn't smile (1 strike)
She has a straight face (1 strike)
Anything else (1 strike)

If she proves that she likes me and enjoys talking to and being around me (-3 strikes)

She approaches me (-1 strike)

She comes on too strong ( I don't know, maybe -5 strikes, maybe 5 strikes, it depends on the day)

Old 06-12-2014, 11:36 AM

102,207 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Well, for me. (and this is tongue in cheek) A woman has 3 strikes.

The big run for the hills sign for me is:

She's hot (2 strikes)
She has a boyfriend/husband/is seeing someone/friend that is a male (10 strikes)
She doesn't smile (1 strike)
She has a straight face (1 strike)
Anything else (1 strike)

If she proves that she likes me and enjoys talking to and being around me (-3 strikes)

She approaches me (-1 strike)

She comes on too strong ( I don't know, maybe -5 strikes, maybe 5 strikes, it depends on the day)

This actually sounds like a pretty good system.

For someone who sometimes claims to be a bit of a lost soul, you've kinda got it goin' on, Jenk.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:44 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,601,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Yogurt View Post
Right wing politics
Drives an SUV
Drives a luxury car
Drives everywhere even though we live a in a city with great public trans and bike lanes
Bible thumper
Why the hate for people of a right-wing bent here on CD?

I agree on the Bible thumper part, but I'm something of an enigma...a religiously ambiguous (even agnostic) conservative with some libertarian leanings on some social issues.

I'm basically Penn Jillette but less of a pr*ck. (he's a pr*ck in an awesome way...but my personality is different).

Although some only equate right-wing with the social side of things...

Old 06-12-2014, 11:46 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,601,649 times
Although I try to eat healthy and exercise, any woman who thinks the world is going to end if she eats a hamburger once in a while is a red flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships