Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 10:19 AM

8,012 posts, read 8,176,171 times

Advertisements

This is the spear counterpart to the other thread.

Guys what is it about a woman that tells you not to pursue any further?

Or

Are you the type of guy who doesn't care about her behavior or attitude as long as she's hot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 10:31 AM

28,896 posts, read 53,991,004 times
High maintenance was always my tip-off.

That princess act is kind of cute for about twenty minutes. After that, any man with sense will say, "Oh, God. The rest of my life could be this way."

Old 06-12-2014, 10:32 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,777,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Are you the type of guy who doesn't care about her behavior or attitude as long as she's hot?

Absolutely not.

These aren't subtle, really...
1) Wanting to pick a fight about everything (nitpicking, nagging)
2) Constantly complains about service (there are times and a way to go about it, but I'm talking the high maintenance types, complaining about drinks, sending food back, etc.)
3) Uptight in the bedroom (If they're this type we generally don't make it there as I can feel the vibe before then, generally... but I've been fooled)
4) Needs constant contact/communication
5) Judgmental about things I don't care about (your glassware doesn't match, one of the tiles in your BR is chipped, you should have that fixed)

This one might be the most subtle as it takes time to see:

6) Can't do anything or won't do anything alone (friends or me, the types that won't go to see a band, movie, check out anything unless there is someone going with them)

Most of these things, except maybe 5 and 6 I can pick up after a couple of dates, so its easy to bail. Some arise later after a few months, or, perhaps it just gets to me after a few months in some cases.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:36 AM

28,896 posts, read 53,991,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Absolutely not.

These aren't subtle, really...
1) Wanting to pick a fight about everything (nitpicking, nagging)
2) Constantly complains about service (there are times and a way to go about it, but I'm talking the high maintenance types, complaining about drinks, sending food back, etc.)
3) Uptight in the bedroom (If they're this type we generally don't make it there as I can feel the vibe before then, generally... but I've been fooled)
4) Needs constant contact/communication
5) Judgmental about things I don't care about (your glassware doesn't match, one of the tiles in your BR is chipped, you should have that fixed)

This one might be the most subtle as it takes time to see:

6) Can't do anything or won't do anything alone (friends or me, the types that won't go to see a band, movie, check out anything unless there is someone going with them)

Most of these things, except maybe 5 and 6 I can pick up after a couple of dates, so its easy to bail. Some arise later after a few months, or, perhaps it just gets to me after a few months in some cases.
That's a pretty good list. Here's another:

7) Always having drama. As in always having some issue with a friend, a relative, a co-worker, a boss, the power company, the repair shop, the landlord, you name it. If a person is always having drama, it means that she isn't managing her life.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:39 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,593,488 times
I'm married - these generally don't apply to my wife for obvious reasons, but I'll play along since I dated plenty before her:

1. Militant veganism or vegetarianism. If she doesn't eat meat but doesn't make a big deal, that's one thing. If she drives around with a "meat is murder" sticker on her car, BIG red flag. Plus I don't trust anyone who doesn't like bacon (kidding!)

2. Too clingy.

3. TOO independent...and I mean the women who always TALK ABOUT how "Independent" they are (trouble with intimacy, physical OR emotional, in my experience). They're so focused on proving how independent they are, they can't actually have a relationship with someone.

4. Extremely left-wing in her politics (this is a personal preference). Extremely right-wing can also be trouble.

5. From the get-go seems to be very negative about sex or people who like sex.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:40 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,593,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

7) Always having drama. As in always having some issue with a friend, a relative, a co-worker, a boss, the power company, the repair shop, the landlord, you name it. If a person is always having drama, it means that she isn't managing her life.
Yes - I call them Professional Trainwrecks.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:40 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,777,503 times
Quote:

agreed!

Old 06-12-2014, 10:42 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,942,922 times
I kicked one woman out of my apartment when we were discussing political/social issues. She had her say then tried to say "end of discussion." I have no use for anyone who cannot listen to an opposing point of view.

Another one nearly crapped herself when she walked into my apartment while I was cleaning a gun. She freaked out that I had it and insisted I get rid of it because she would never date a gun owner. I got rid of her instead.

Another one claimed she wanted to be a cannibal. She said it was a power and dominance thing, or something like that. She also had no moral objection to the idea of cannibalism because we already eat animals. Sort of scary.

Those are some of my highlights, but generally it has been high maintenance personality, lack of kindness, or other chemistry related issues.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:43 AM

11,330 posts, read 9,219,391 times
Bad attitude, snaps easily, very critical.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:44 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,780,705 times
Quote:

Hurray for my boring life! (well, when it comes to the sort of thing listed here)

LOL, anyway, just wanted to say this thread is a good idea. I look forward to reading more answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships