Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 01:20 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Zen View Post
That doesn't change anything I said. If you believe you are a loser for not having a dating life.. then you are.

I would not consider you a loser for not having a dating life. There are many uneducated bums flipping burgers who have a dating life and I would never call them "winners" just because they get laid.

whatever. I said your whole life isn't determined by dating but a part of it is, all I can say is you're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 01:33 PM

59 posts, read 72,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Zen View Post
That doesn't change anything I said. If you believe you are a loser for not having a dating life.. then you are.

I would not consider you a loser for not having a dating life. There are many uneducated bums flipping burgers who have a dating life and I would never call them "winners" just because they get laid.
Very funny image, hilarious.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:52 AM

244 posts, read 707,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
Many people might see you as a sad person and think of a relationship as some sort of miracle, one-size-fits-all, snake-oil cure.
If anything, I've observed and noted how I've reacted to certain things and people throughout my entire life up to this point.

Fearing consequences of varying degrees, I choose to continue to stay out of the game and bluntly explain a lighter form of my reasoning for not dating or getting involved with another person.
I agree with your reasoning!

Old 06-15-2014, 06:11 PM

323 posts, read 308,316 times
Any time you deviate from the herd, you are going to be ridiculed.

I get this all the time. I wish people would worry about their own lives as much as they worry about mine. Stop offering to fix me up with someone. Stop telling me I need to get back out there and try again. Stop worrying about what I'm doing, or why I'm doing it.

I'm happy being single. For the first time IN MY LIFE, I am actually happy. Not "not unhappy" or "not miserable", the lack of a negative isn't the same thing as a positive. I'm actually happy. And I wish people would just leave it at that.

And this is other guys I'm talking about here (I don't interact with females). I hate to imagine how much worse it would be if I worked with females.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:28 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,601 times
Because a lot of the time, the person claiming to not want to date are the same person who always talks about how ugly they are, about how no one will ever want them and on and on.

Those people are so tiresome to be around.

Eventually people are going to start riding the ass of the sad sack, saying things like "Get out there! Meet people!"..And then the sad sack, "Oh, I don't want to date, I choose not to, why are you riding my ass about it?"

I've never met a person with good self esteem who truly doesn't want to date, doesn't want to be part of a loving relationship.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post

I've never met a person with good self esteem who truly doesn't want to date, doesn't want to be part of a loving relationship.
That's because we have never met. Not in real life, anyway.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:36 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,601 times
You're happy to be single for the first time in your life..I've been there, I'm on my way there soon I feel..Doesn't mean either of us are the type to talk in absolutes about dating.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:42 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead360 View Post
Why are people given a hard time from others just because they decide not to date or find a relationship with the opposite or same gender? This isn't a pity thread or attacking one gender or another, personally I think relationships are an amazing experience if and only when both parties are comfortable with who they are. Same thing I can say with being single, there's nothing wrong with not wanting to pursue or date. One of my friends asked me the idea of casual dating or taking relationship/dating classes just to gain experience. I simply said no because I don't see the point of dating when you're not interested, of course things can change as someone grows older.

I just wanted to hear people's thoughts on the matter, I've seen a couple of threads where people question why someone wouldn't date person x for whatever reason. I'm interested in hearing people's opinions.
If you're happy, there's nothing wrong with it.

Technically, there's nothing wrong with being a 46 year old male virgin who has no job and lives with his parents and leaves the house once a week. As long as he's happy. The problem is almost nobody in that situation would be remotely happy.

The other problem is that a lot of people talk about exactly how happy they are being single and not settling for anything less than the best they deserve. I think if they were happy about that, they wouldn't need to be trying to convince themselves or others of that.

Personally and honestly, I think I could happy being single right now if I could fill in the gaps with other fulfilling things. Those gaps aren't even close to being filled right now though.

Last edited by JJS99; 06-15-2014 at 06:51 PM..

Old 06-15-2014, 06:49 PM

244 posts, read 707,294 times
Quote:
Because a lot of the time, the person claiming to not want to date are the same person who always talks about how ugly they are, about how no one will ever want them and on and on.

Those people are so tiresome to be around.

Eventually people are going to start riding the ass of the sad sack, saying things like "Get out there! Meet people!"..And then the sad sack, "Oh, I don't want to date, I choose not to, why are you riding my ass about it?"

I'm going to be honest this is true.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
You're happy to be single for the first time in your life..I've been there, I'm on my way there soon I feel..Doesn't mean either of us are the type to talk in absolutes about dating.
I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I'm truly happy for the first time in my life. Period, full stop. No 'happy to be single', just 'happy'.

I was single for most of my teenage years. Single for most of 18-23. Single again for a few months after the now-ex wife moved out.

Wasn't too happy any of those times.

Now I'm, as a friend of mine put it when describing himself, "terminally single". And I am happy. I'm much happier being single than I can ever be having a female in my life.

Maybe I'll date again one of these days. I kind of doubt it. Life is a lot better now that I don't even talk to them. My stress level is zero, I do what I want, when I want, I don't have to put up with, well, let's just say there's a LOT that I don't miss having to deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships