Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 06:06 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,602,256 times

Advertisements

This might be a moot point since I'm moving, but a friend and I were discussing it the other night. Even though I'm moving and will never pursue anything, I want to use this for the future when I am settled and such. My friend is a girl, so I would like a guy's perspective (of course, women, you can chime in too).

I met this guy in February 2013 at school. We were both non-traditional students - I took extra time (I was 23.5... I graduated in December 2013 at almost 24.5) and he is in the military (he is 3 years older than me). I had a small crush on him. We went out a few times and each time he paid for me, even when I offered he told me he had it. He took me to meet his friends and it went well for the most part. He said his friends liked me. When he took me home, he said he would love for me to meet his folks because he thought his dad would like me.I remember taking a photography class that semester and he volunteered to be in projects for me. I remember one day it was about 15 degrees outside (I love cold weather, I sweat in that weather) he was a good sport and took pictures outside with no complaint. My other friend on the other hand complained. Sadly, I had some health issues and we stopped talking for 9 months.

We started talking again after something really bad happened to me. He wanted me to learn self defense, so he took me to a shooting range. He let me use his hand gun, (paid for this), and was actually really patient with me... then we went to dinner. My friend thinks, "Well, he must think you're special if he did all that, especially taking you to self defense classes and letting you use his hand gun! Besides, I never thought he was a bad guy and treated you well." Sooo, what do you think? Again, I'm moving and since he's in a military, not pursuing anything... but is this something I should look for in the future with someone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 06:09 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,752,244 times
Lol....gawd.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Lol....gawd.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:24 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,725,995 times
Jess, I'm not really sure what you're asking.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Jess, I'm not really sure what you're asking.
Did he seem interested at one point? (Sorry... I'm multitasking.)

Old 06-13-2014, 06:29 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,083,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
This might be a moot point since I'm moving, but a friend and I were discussing it the other night. Even though I'm moving and will never pursue anything, I want to use this for the future when I am settled and such. My friend is a girl, so I would like a guy's perspective (of course, women, you can chime in too).

I met this guy in February 2013 at school. We were both non-traditional students - I took extra time (I was 23.5... I graduated in December 2013 at almost 24.5) and he is in the military (he is 3 years older than me). I had a small crush on him. We went out a few times and each time he paid for me, even when I offered he told me he had it. He took me to meet his friends and it went well for the most part. He said his friends liked me. When he took me home, he said he would love for me to meet his folks because he thought his dad would like me.I remember taking a photography class that semester and he volunteered to be in projects for me. I remember one day it was about 15 degrees outside (I love cold weather, I sweat in that weather) he was a good sport and took pictures outside with no complaint. My other friend on the other hand complained. Sadly, I had some health issues and we stopped talking for 9 months.

We started talking again after something really bad happened to me. He wanted me to learn self defense, so he took me to a shooting range. He let me use his hand gun, (paid for this), and was actually really patient with me... then we went to dinner. My friend thinks, "Well, he must think you're special if he did all that, especially taking you to self defense classes and letting you use his hand gun! Besides, I never thought he was a bad guy and treated you well." Sooo, what do you think? Again, I'm moving and since he's in a military, not pursuing anything... but is this something I should look for in the future with someone else?

I think you are over analyzing every tiny detail, he let you use his hand gun, paid for dates, posed for photos in the cold, yay him. He sounds like a nice guy.

You do not know what the future brings and you really should just go with the flow of life.
Other guys may be similiar but not exactly the same as this guy so I guess if you want to look for similar qualities then do so just don't forget they are only similar and not the same, the men and the qualities.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:30 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,083,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Did he seem interested at one point? (Sorry... I'm multitasking.)

Gosh, I don't know did he? You were there with him, did he seem interested at one point to you?

Old 06-13-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I think you are over analyzing every tiny detail, he let you use his hand gun, paid for dates, posed for photos in the cold, yay him. He sounds like a nice guy.

You do not know what the future brings and you really should just go with the flow of life.
Other guys may be similiar but not exactly the same as this guy so I guess if you want to look for similar qualities then do so just don't forget they are only similar and not the same, the men and the qualities.
True. Well, I'm currently not looking as I'm in the process of moving out of state and have some other things that I need to take care of before I start looking in the new area. Sometimes old pictures bring up thoughts and memories. I get sentimental most of the time.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Gosh, I don't know did he? You were there with him, did he seem interested at one point to you?
You know, I'm not sure... I was really nervous. The first few times I was having health issues and wasn't thinking about it... then in December, it was after something really bad happened to me and wasn't thinking about it then either.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:03 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,725,995 times
My husband always says that a man would not go to THAT much trouble unless he was interested in you somehow, but it is odd that he let 9 months go by without contact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships