Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 01:49 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

You really don't know anything about me, my motivations, or the effect my behavior has on others.
A mental health professional should be able to give you some insight on the effect your behavior has on others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 01:50 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OP, you are always equating looking at women in public with looking at pictures of women for sexual arousal and that looking at pictures of women is your "sexuality."

Are you getting sexually aroused by staring at these women? Do you do it for erotic thrills?

If so that is decidedly creepy.

Psychologist Anywhere Anytime
Voyeurism is where you look at things you shouldn't be looking at. It has nothing to do with me. Try again, armchair psychologist and profiler.

To answer your question, I simply admire their beauty.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If you are making someone uncomfortable - you need to stop what you are doing regardless of how many seconds you are staring at them for.
As I've said, I've only been aware of making someone uncomfortable once, and I blushed, smiled, and stopped looking.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
A mental health professional should be able to give you some insight on the effect your behavior has on others.
He tells me I have less of an impact on most people than I believe.

You guys really are somewhere out in bizarro world.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:55 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,103 times
Quote:
As I've said, I've only been aware of making someone uncomfortable once, and I blushed, smiled, and stopped looking.
And that didn't make you second-guess this habit at all...

Old 06-14-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
What do you mean "believe"? If it bothers anyone here, there's a good chance it will bother others out in the "real world". I thought that's what you wanted to know, whether or not some would be offended by your staring at them "only" for three seconds. Apparently there are people who don't want you checking them out, regardless of how long you do it. So... why are so intent on staring at random women anyway?
I've said if it's unreasonable for someone to be bothered by being looked at for less than 3 full seconds, then I shouldn't be expected to predict ahead of time who will or will not be bothered, but should stop if I see that they are bothered.

I think people on this thread have a misconception of what I'm doing.

I think my worst tendency is to glance briefly too many times. I really don't stare unless I know they can't see me, and even that is not common for me.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
And that didn't make you second-guess this habit at all...
You don't know what it's like to have never dated. I doubt she was more than a little uncomfortable. She shouldn't have had her shirt falling off her shoulder practically in a public library computer lab anyways

Old 06-14-2014, 02:06 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
You don't know what it's like to have never dated. I doubt she was more than a little uncomfortable. She shouldn't have had her shirt falling off her shoulder practically in a public library computer lab anyways
I see. It was her fault. She "made" you look. That little ****.

Davros, what would happen if you just decided not to stare at strangers anymore? How would your life be affected negatively?

None of us understands your motivation in trying to get away with staring at women as long as possible without getting caught. What IS that about? What do you gain and is it worth getting labeled a creep on occasion?

Old 06-14-2014, 02:09 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Voyeurism is where you look at things you shouldn't be looking at. It has nothing to do with me. Try again, armchair psychologist and profiler.

To answer your question, I simply admire their beauty.
Children are lovely and interesting creatures as well. How long do you stare at them to "admire their beauty"? You could probably get away with much longer than 3 seconds since they kids are less likely to notice.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:14 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,851 times
I don't think its the second that matters more than HOW and WHO is staring, that makes it more creepy than it is. Stares like you've never seen a woman before and those of appreciating beauty give off different vibes. Being attractive also helps make you less creepy than someone who is not.

BTW it's a flatter if the guy is attractive, but if his stare gets busy with every cute girl he walks pass that's desperate. Desperate is creepy, so is your habit... Have some self decipline and stop being obssessed. Nobody wants to date a guy who keeps staring at other women.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A..._OOC0CrZHhHTY5

Last edited by softcrunch; 06-14-2014 at 02:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships