Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 01:44 PM

663 posts, read 777,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, you left out the part where she finally texted him, and got a short response, no follow-up, so she decided he's not interested. But she also seems to have more options than the average woman, in view of the fact that some guy picked her up within a couple of days of her short-lived distress, so I suspect that played the major role in her moving on.
Looks like I am right. OP thought out a scenario in her head and jumped into conclusions. It's all in her head.

Notice how right now they are still dating? The guy is still interested.

Just lol at women....overthinking a scenario.

Imagine if OP took all the women's advice and next'd the guy?

Although I would suspect all the single ladies here would secretly be happy if OP was miserable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 01:48 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,236 times
I'm thinking some guys are just SOO guys! They just do not seem to think the same as we do. We want what we want, which is to meet someone and boom! And unfortunately that doesn't happen a lot.

And, he could be waiting for the sex and starting to wonder how much longer he'll have to wait. Best of luck to you, Nomadic, I will be very happy to hear a positive update soon!

Old 06-24-2014, 01:52 PM

104 posts, read 141,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
I'm thinking some guys are just SOO guys! They just do not seem to think the same as we do. We want what we want, which is to meet someone and boom! And unfortunately that doesn't happen a lot.

And, he could be waiting for the sex and starting to wonder how much longer he'll have to wait. Best of luck to you, Nomadic, I will be very happy to hear a positive update soon!
Is 3 weeks too long? I usually don't sleep with someone unless I'm in an exclusive relationship with them. I can't imagine sleeping with every guy I date my # would be crazy.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:52 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,781 times
Probably many can relate to hating dating.

I'm not one as I'm in no shortage of guys who fit my criteria and dating is fun to me as it's basically using the guy for my amusement and entertainment.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:33 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
She was disappointed because he was basically right out of the 70s ("he was one of the fruitiest and nuttiest of the fruits and nuts") and his place was a pig sty. Fair enough. She is a middle-aged single mom, though, so what was she expecting?
Wow, just wow. I guess that to you, single middle aged moms are less than people and should be so ashamed of themselves that they should take whatever fruits and nuts will take them? I'd rather be single. (and I am not single by choice--my ex dropped a bomb.) Got news for you too--whether it's rational or not, men and women get pickier with age--probably due to the fact that we now have a pretty good idea of what's not going to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic1 View Post
Update!
I'm so frustrated and confused. I don't know what I could've done that would make him not want to contact me at this point.

At this point I think you're quite justified in contacting him and asking what's up. My guess is he wanted a casual sex relationship and that's not forthcoming so he's pulling the disappearing act to pout or pursue more promising avenues. You are smart to wait.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:02 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,274 times
There was a guy last year who I completely hit it off with and then it crashed and burned after the 3rd date. The first date was amazing, the second was so-so, the third was almost as amazing as the first and then he disappeared! He returned after a few days for the 4th and final date. We still talk or text once in awhile, but I think that's going to end soon and probably for good if it hasn't already.

Other than that, it's pretty rare that I hit it off with anyone anymore. There was a guy I went on a date with a few years ago and thought we completely hit it off. The attraction seemed to be there, we had a lot in common, we were totally engaged with one another the whole time and had a lot to talk about. Then he abruptly ended the date and never called me. Weird! I've seen him a few times around time since then. The first time he completely ignored me - he looked at me and said hi to my friend, who he knew, but snubbed me entirely. The second time he said hi in an almost confrontational way after I looked away from him. I figured since he ignored me the first time that he wouldn't bother to say hi the second time. The other time I saw him, he was just driving along and didn't see me. At this point, I dread seeing him.

Now, I go on dates with absolutely no expectations, which is good because I haven't found anyone who I really click with since the guy from last year. For me, that's pretty rare to really click with anyone. And, yes, it makes me horribly sad at times.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:06 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,274 times
Oh, and two days after I ended things with the guy I really liked, I met a guy I got along well with (even though I knew he was nothing more than a really good distraction - really hot, but kind of dumb) and was excited about him. He texted me and was really into me. Unfortunately, I figured out very quickly that he had a girlfriend he neglected to mention, so I never went out on a date with him. That was just another slap in the face after things going so badly with the guy I really liked. So, yeah, I hate dating.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:47 PM

323 posts, read 308,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Probably many can relate to hating dating.

I'm not one as I'm in no shortage of guys who fit my criteria and dating is fun to me as it's basically using the guy for my amusement and entertainment.
I wonder what the reaction here would be if I said the same thing about females?

Old 06-25-2014, 04:50 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
My best dates have been when she has been drinking is stoned or under the influence of other drugs, or natural/herbal relaxants.
More fun times, less arguing.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:21 PM

814 posts, read 759,593 times
I've given up, the dating game's got me beat. I just don't have the energy anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships