Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 08:25 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times

Advertisements

Men who are childless generally have very little experience with children, and your children are yours and another man's, and not his. This alone means that he will not love your children the way you love your children. That's a difficult situation, no matter how one wishes to sugarcoat it. I think it's like looking for a needle in a haystack to find a childless man who will treat another man's child as well as that child's parents will treat the child. That's what I'm trying to say. It's a reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Your opinion, which is irrelevant since he is clearly knows my situation and made the decision to date me regardless. Though I've already said in several threads, that if I were a single childless man I wouldn't date a single mom either for a variety of reasons, but the men that chose to obviously are grown enough to make their decisions, are they not? Beyond that, me being a single mom, has no relevance to this thread, since this "friend" will never come near my son, be introduced or anything of that nature--he's someone I'm having fun with, nothing serious. Relax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 08:28 PM

48,521 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Men who are childless generally have very little experience with children, and your children are yours and another man's, and not his. This alone means that he will not love your children the way you love your children. That's a difficult situation, no matter how one wishes to sugarcoat it. I think it's like looking for a needle in a haystack to find a childless man who will treat another man's child as well as that child's parents will treat the child. That's what I'm trying to say. It's a reality.

That's irrelevant. She is NOT going to introduce the guy to her child, probably ever. She is looking for a FWB.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-16-2014, 08:56 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
Quote:
And it is not relevant to this thread.... I'm not looking for a relationship or a guy to raise my son or love him. He will never meet my child. Beyond that even if I was looking for a relationship with a childless man, I understand the complications. My mother was a single mom who married my dad and had three children with him. I also know plenty of single moms, friends and family, who have remarried and went on with their lives with men that accepted and treated the other child as their own. If I ever let a man in my child's life it would he because I knew that he would accept my child and my situation. This current "friend" is a friend, so me being a single mom has no real relevance to the question I asked when I started this thread.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:00 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khohf View Post
Unless you feel it will derail the thread too much, why is this?
Plenty of reasons but mainly because it's difficult.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:03 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:

This makes me think you need to hang around a better class of men.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:33 AM

663 posts, read 778,026 times
lol another thread where the OP makes stuff up in her head and convince herself of truth instead of just talking to the guy...

Female logic.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:45 AM

Me? I don't have kids. Therefore I don't have an will-he-accept-like-and-not-be-mean-to-MY-kids issue.

It is a biological truth that no one can love a kid the way the parents can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

This makes me think you need to hang around a better class of men.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:47 AM

48,521 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Me? I don't have kids. Therefore I don't have an will-he-accept-like-and-not-be-mean-to-MY-kids issue.

It is a biological truth that no one can love a kid the way the parents can.
I would agree, but once again, that is not pertinent to this thread and it shouldn't derail it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-17-2014, 09:50 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times
When will woman learn? If they pass there VAG out like Halloween candy once we all ready eat the candy it on to the next . On the other hand if you told me I could get the good candy but i had to walk 5 miles up a hill both ways it better be same darn good candy.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:52 AM

I responded to a post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I would agree, but once again, that is not pertinent to this thread and it shouldn't derail it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships