Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 02:18 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,277,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
I should also add, I like alone time while in the bathroom, not into the buddy system of brushing teeth together getting ready, etc~~ lol..
I don't mind us getting ready in tandem, but we have a master bath with two sinks. As long as nobody's using the toilet, we're cool with using the bathroom at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 02:19 PM

1,174 posts, read 2,502,429 times
Most men REALLY understand this.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:29 PM

114 posts, read 152,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
You don't sound overly enthusiastic about this relationship. You said it was "soooooo nice having the apartment to yourself" and that you "loved" your alone time when he was gone for 2 hours and wished it could have been longer.
You sound happier being alone so why would you contemplate marriage under those circumstances? It's not fair to him or you. Keep dating for now until you like your time spent with him as much as you like your time without him.
Thanks for your reply, but as the others have stated, you are off the mark. My BF the sweetest and most loving guy that I've ever dated, hands down... AND he's a cutie. However, I have lived alone for 21 years (as I have already stated) and I actually enjoy some solitude from time to time. I'm not with my boyfriend because I dislike (or can't handle) being alone. I'm with him because he compliments my life. Thanks again.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:32 PM

114 posts, read 152,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Why did she need to? In intact families parents don't have to do everything together with a child. It's a good thing for dads and sons to bond and have that alone time together, especially in divorce situations and assuming his son doesn't live with him f/t.

Heck, my dad and I would do things together (either a MLB or NHL game) and my mom wasn't included. It wasn't about her.
Good point, Liberty. He's son is a grown man anyway.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:16 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,565,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I don't mind us getting ready in tandem, but we have a master bath with two sinks. As long as nobody's using the toilet, we're cool with using the bathroom at the same time.
I was raised with four siblings , so having the bathroom to one self was pretty much a no go...So yeah I love being in there alone, even with two sinks and a separate toilet with it's own door

Old 06-16-2014, 05:07 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,277,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
I was raised with four siblings , so having the bathroom to one self was pretty much a no go...So yeah I love being in there alone, even with two sinks and a separate toilet with it's own door
That was me, too. I grew up with six people in a house with two bedrooms and one bathroom. I used to get up at 5 a.m. as a high schooler to beat the shower rush.

Old 06-16-2014, 05:15 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,565,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
That was me, too. I grew up with six people in a house with two bedrooms and one bathroom. I used to get up at 5 a.m. as a high schooler to beat the shower rush.

LOl.. You sound like me as a teenager....

Old 06-16-2014, 05:19 PM

205 posts, read 244,111 times
I'm a guy and I can say this, I definitely need it. Funny thing is that I am an extrovert, but if I am around the same person too long then I need a break every once in a while.

Old 06-16-2014, 05:23 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,335,186 times
Yes, I like alone time. I especially got used to this as my first husband was gone due to military separation for 4.5 out of the 10 years we were together.

And after having kids, alone time is even more desired and precious, whether it's out running errands, beauty appointments, shopping, or hanging out at the house.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:25 PM

11,367 posts, read 24,329,295 times
Of course it's okay, normal and natural to enjoy time by yourself. People need to recharge, reflect, and relax. Marriage to the right guy shouldn't preclude it.

If you are concerned, you could simply ask your guy what he thinks. That's good practice for life as a couple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships