Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 05:17 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,136,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
They are looking for someone to take care of them.

Fast forward 5 years...

You are trying to cook, clean, feed and bathe 2 kids while he is sitting on the couch.

I think you know what to do.

Yep, looking for a 'nurse' with a 'purse'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 07:33 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,088,952 times
Collecting money from the government when you're able to work is wrong, wrong, wrong! There is no way I could ever date, much less consider marriage with someone who thinks that way of life is okay.

I don't need a guy who works nonstop and is focused on making money, but I do want a guy who makes his money and supports himself honestly. You're young and you have your whole life ahead of yourself. Please don't attach yourself to this guy for life.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:02 AM

17,619 posts, read 22,575,993 times
Eventually our government will find out what he is doing. When they do, he will be in BIG Trouble.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:07 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,253 posts, read 4,299,481 times
I'm sorry OP, but the obvious answer to your problem is that you need to move on. Trust me, there are loving people that are emotionally available that also have career ambition and similar goals to you. At the very least, if a family life in the future is important to you then you are absolutely with the wrong guy. It's OK to want it all or at least the big things.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:50 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,792,699 times
Dating is a time where you get to know a person to make an informed decision based on your set of values, wants, and non-wants. I see all of these not in line with your own.

Now, tell us why, after knowing all of this, you find him attractive enough to want to marry him?

You're too young to saddle yourself with this. Say buh-bye. Unless you'd be happy to have a househusband (nothing wrong with that).

Old 06-21-2014, 10:06 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,136,977 times
What do you WANT to do?

Old 06-21-2014, 10:14 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,150,869 times
There are situations that are salvageable through compromise, communication and hard work. Then there are situations from which you need to run like Usain Bolt. Your situation is definitely the latter.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:16 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,351,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
He's so great except _insert glaring fault_.

So then he is not great.

Move on.
Yep. You can choose to express your feelings, and then make your choice. You can't change him. He has to make the decision himself. If you don't agree with his methods of employment or lack of drive and ambition, only you can change that by removing yourself from the equation.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:12 AM

38 posts, read 35,816 times
Pass on this guy before your life is ruined. Next.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:06 AM

478 posts, read 430,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercream View Post
But if you read where he's getting his bills and rent paid, you'd see why I'm concerned.
He gets them paid by benefit allowance money from filing unemployment due to illness- even though he's fine, and from low income housing even though he has a job and the government thinks he doesn't. His job is a concession worker and it's not permanent because it's reliant on the venue, of which the venue isn't going to be there forever
I don't mean to be rude, but it's not really up to you to say if he is "fine" or not. You're not the one who's ill. Sounds like to me you have an issue with his lifestyle, his means of support. If so, you must decide what you wanna live with... Can you let it go? I mean, if it goes that much "against your morals" I don't see how you could easily do that. Don't make it all about him. He's fine with his way of living. He's making ends meet to his satisfaction. That's his business. Can you get fine with it? It's okay if you can. It's okay if you can't. You have to do what's right for you before you can get right with anyone else... you know? You have to figure out what works for you, and—pardon the cheesy expression—and, then don't be afraid to "own" it.
Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships