Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 07:24 AM

102,159 posts, read 107,527,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesSalazar View Post
Yeah it usually happens that women are attracted towards male who are more confident and smart.
Men also are attracted to dynamic, smart women. The difference is that most men are ok with their gf being not as smart or accomplished as them. Women generally aren't into men who can't keep up with them in the intelligence dept., in contrast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 10:50 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,635,688 times
I highly doubt that gals are less fond of guys than guys are fond of gals considering historically gals haven't oppressed and denied equal rights to guys and it isn't a commonplace norm to use a derogatory insult interchangeably for the general male population like the b-word is for the general female population.

As well as gals seem to desire, seek, and value male companionship, communication, and intimacy with guys far more than guys do with gals. It seems the sole/main motivation for guys to interact with gals is sex and if he's not getting it from her or being associated with her than he's being a chump, wimp, or in the horrible friend zone.

As for your statements:
"Divorce is much harder on men than on women, and usually initiated by the wife."
Studies show that divorce generally less gals financially worse off not guys. Likely divorce is usually initiated by gals as guys may think they have more to lose so it's better to deal not because guys are more fond of gals.

Even a very homely woman could have sex with a fairly good looking guy pretty easily if they really wanted it, but a homely man might have to wait decades or resort to prostitution.
This doesn't suggest that guys are more fond of gals especially considering how often guys tout about separating emotions from sex. Guys can easily have sex with a gal they dislike so guys being more sexually available doesn't suggest fondness if anything it seems to suggest the opposite as in guys viewing gals as sexual objects.

I don't see why guys so often seem to portray a gal being able to have sex more easily as some advantage considering the orgasm gap, studies showing that in hookups guys are more likely to not put effort into pleasing her, and the risks of rape and pregnancy. A gal being able to have sex more easily isn't much to me when most likely she won't enjoy it as much as the guy or orgasm from it.

It seems less like you're talking about fondness and more like you're talking about attraction. In which case likely guys are more attracted to gals than gals are attracted to guys probably due to differing sex drives, guys less likely to be sexualized for female audiences, and gals being more fluid in sexuality.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:50 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,337,750 times
I don't see any evidence that women typically like men less than men like women. If you go looking for evidence to support a liking disparity in either direction, you could find it. Of course if you look for evidence to the contrary, you could find that. Confirmation bias is a wonderful thing.

So for people in serious or potentially serious relationships, on average, I think it's a wash. For people pursuing a serious relationship it can appear a bit one sided because men approach most of the time, and the person approaching likes something about the person being approached. The one getting approached, maybe not. So most of us have seen and heard far more of women showing signs of "not liking" men, than the reverse.

For more casual kinds of relationships, anything with few or no strings attached, I think things get skewed. For a lot of reasons, the fewer strings attached to a relationship, the riskier it is for women physically and emotionally. Again, on the surface it can appear that this means women don't like men as much, but liking or not isn't what skews the numbers.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:16 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,290,915 times
I have a woman who likes me as much I like her. I don't care what the other women think of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships