Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 09:41 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times

Advertisements

Well, look at it this way. He's more of a friendly acquaintance that an actual friend. You're only attached by way of your gf's. If you and gf were to breakup, you'd never see him again, most likely. So, with that said, I suggest you tell him that he has put you in a very precarious situation, in that if your gf found out you had this knowledge you'd most likely be toast. So, if you are still not planning to say anything THIS time, then you tell your friendly acquaintance that if he shares any more info with you, you do plan to tell, that you don't appreciate being made a party to a situation that could very seriously hurt someone else. Basically, put him on notice.

And if they do get engaged... I'd tell. I'm a fan of minding my own business, but if crap like this keeps happening after becoming engaged... I'll tell.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:47 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,768,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Be careful with the friends you keep.
Surrounding yourself with liars and cheats isn't something honest people knowingly do.

You don't have to tell anyone anything, a simple disassociation from "the friend" will signal enough to others "something" isn't right.

If he tries to share his personal chit again tell him where he can take it.
I agree with this.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:50 AM

757 posts, read 1,102,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Why would you ever agree to NOT TELL A SOUL though? No one forced you to make such a huge commitment that will likely cause you to have to lie to your girlfriend, probably more than once. You barely know this guy and you sold out your ethics.

You did not think this through, and when the truth comes out you will be in the middle of a ****storm and the three others will blame you for anything that is currently upsetting them about the situation.

I do not envy you.
There won't be a **** storm if I don't say ****. I didn't sell out my ethics, I would if I told someone. There's nothing to think through, I have no business knowing and now I have no business telling. People have told me worst things, and I till this day take those secrets to my grave.
Nothing is more dishonorable than telling people something you shouldn't. This doesn't me and my girlfriends relationship so I will leave it at that.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
There won't be a **** storm if I don't say ****. I didn't sell out my ethics, I would if I told someone. There's nothing to think through, I have no business knowing and now I have no business telling. People have told me worst things, and I till this day take those secrets to my grave.
Nothing is more dishonorable than telling people something you shouldn't. This doesn't me and my girlfriends relationship so I will leave it at that.
Well...

If I was in your shoes I would pray to God about this. I would ask God for guidance. I would listen to God, and I would follow God's advice.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Be careful with the friends you keep.
Surrounding yourself with liars and cheats isn't something honest people knowingly do.

You don't have to tell anyone anything, a simple disassociation from "the friend" will signal enough to others "something" isn't right.

If he tries to share his personal chit again tell him where he can take it.
The only reason we're friends is because my girlfriend and his girlfriend love double dating with us. Although we have mutual interest and we grew up in the same type of neighborhood, I knew there were things I didn't like about him. We don't exactly communicate outside of going on dates with our girlfriends so disassociating myself from him won't be a problem.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Well...

If I was in your shoes I would pray to God about this. I would ask God for guidance. I would listen to God, and I would follow God's advice.
I don't believe in a God per se but I understand what you mean.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Well, look at it this way. He's more of a friendly acquaintance that an actual friend. You're only attached by way of your gf's. If you and gf were to breakup, you'd never see him again, most likely. So, with that said, I suggest you tell him that he has put you in a very precarious situation, in that if your gf found out you had this knowledge you'd most likely be toast. So, if you are still not planning to say anything THIS time, then you tell your friendly acquaintance that if he shares any more info with you, you do plan to tell, that you don't appreciate being made a party to a situation that could very seriously hurt someone else. Basically, put him on notice.

And if they do get engaged... I'd tell. I'm a fan of minding my own business, but if crap like this keeps happening after becoming engaged... I'll tell.
These are fair statements to make, but I don't really see them moving in or getting engaged. My girlfriend has told me that his girl feels there's something wrong with him, and she's very reluctant to the idea of moving in with him let alone getting engaged. She is nowhere near as emotionally attached to him as he is with her. It's pretty obvious that if they were to break up he would be losing alot more than her, and I think she knows this.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
These are fair statements to make, but I don't really see them moving in or getting engaged. My girlfriend has told me that his girl feels there's something wrong with him, and she's very reluctant to the idea of moving in with him let alone getting engaged. She is nowhere near as emotionally attached to him as he is with her. It's pretty obvious that if they were to break up he would be losing a lot more than her, and I think she knows this.
Regarding the bolded part in pink...

She needs to trust her gut feelings regarding the entire situation.

It would be better for both of them if their relationship ended.

As for dating other people after their relationship ends, both of them should wait until they are really ready to do this.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:25 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
So if you refuse to break the pact by telling his GF.....but you're okay with breaking the pact by telling a bunch of strangers on the internet?

What is the difference? You have pretty much put all their business out there by telling us. You are making yourself look bad by telling us and knowing about it the entire time. Eventually the truth will come out and people are going to be looking at you as well.

But to answer your question, I have never cheated, never been in a relationship to cheat. Even if I was, I wouldn't ever cheat. There would be no point in the relationship.

Last edited by Auraliea; 06-21-2014 at 11:33 AM..

Old 06-21-2014, 11:31 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
So one of my friends told me he was sleeping around for a little while. Btw, his girlfriend is best friends with my girlfriend, so it's a little weird for me to know this sensitive information. Anyway, while his girlfriend and mine were shopping me and him were talking about it. What he told me was, "I do it just in case she did it to me". A little juvenile I know, but based on how he speaks about his girlfriend it seems he really loves her and wouldn't want anyone else. He told me he's planning on proposing to her soon and wanting a child in the near future. He's also been helping with her bills and paying off her student loans.

Now I'm not going to tell my girlfriend anything he told me. My thing is if someone trust you enough to share such information with you it's best you keep it between the two of you or take it to your grave. My question is, how many of you have cheated during a relationship that wasn't a marriage? Maybe slept with someone here and there, kissed someone, made out with them etc. How many of you have cheated while dating someone, and how did you feel afterwards?
Never.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships